• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Article) Microsoft Hopes Halo Can Light Up Xbox (Halo2+some next gen converstation)

puck1337

PhatSaqs said:
Reggie am sad.
Well, it is true.

One thing...

Assuming conservatively that Microsoft gets about half of that, the company nets $37.5 million in revenue. Microsoft has said it spends $5 million to $10 million to develop a game, meaning that the company will ultimately net between $27.5 million and $32.5 million on preshipped games alone.
I somehow doubt that Halo 2 cost only $10 million to develop.

Deku Tree

puck1337 said:
Well, it is true.

One thing...

I somehow doubt that Halo 2 cost only $10 million to develop.

I remember reading somewhere last week that it cost approximately $20 mil to develop.

The GC is just in really bad shape this holiday. Nintendo really needed to do some top notch compaigning with MP2 since it's their biggest title this holiday and they never did. Some thought the beating they've been taking by Sony and MS earlier this year has been bad but this holiday seems like its going to even be worse.

puck1337

SolidSnakex said:
The GC is just in really bad shape this holiday. Nintendo really needed to do some top notch compaigning with MP2 since it's their biggest title this holiday and they never did. Some thought the beating they've been taking by Sony and MS earlier this year has been bad but this holiday seems like its going to even be worse.
I don't know if there was really any point in Nintendo pushing the GC this year. There's just too much out there to compete with, and they know that they don't have the guns to do it. Why waste money pushing something that won't sell?

Sysgen

I'm reading momentum momentum momentum. Where is Nintendos momentum coming from going into next gen.

Solid

Deku Tree said:
I remember reading somewhere last week that it cost approximately $20 mil to develop.
And how much is that comparing to other über games? Anyone know how much MGS2 costed?

puck, I just think they should atleast do something. Zelda's going to be coming out in the middle of next year and it basically seems like they aren't going to do anything till then.

Sysgen said:
I'm reading momentum momentum momentum. Where is Nintendos momentum coming from going into next gen.

Here's what Reggie has to say about that:

"While others are talking, Nintendo is acting. Let me ask you a question: what company right now is driving category sales? If you said someone other than Nintendo, you're wrong. We have momentum -- have had it since late last year, and if you don't feel it yet, you will. I promise you that."

puck1337

SolidSnakex said:
puck, I just think they should atleast do something. Zelda's going to be coming out in the middle of next year and it basically seems like they aren't going to do anything till then.
I think they're making a decent attempt at finishing strong. It starts with Resident Evil 4 and ends with Zelda, with Geist, Advance Wars, and the rest in between. Their problem was that they had probably expected an MP2/RE4 double shot to kick it off, and they kind of got fucked over for the holidays. Let's face it - neither of those games is going to do it on their own. And that's probably why they went with the Mario Kart bundle over staying with the Metroid Prime bundle - when they can't sway the older gamers, they're probably better off trying going after whatever is left over.

PhatSaqs

Banned
sonycowboy said:
I just post what I find :D

There seems to be some buzz in the Xbox camp this week. I'm not sure why.
Killzone flopped and Halo 2 is hype is like the plague. Kinda easy to get sidetracked I'd say :p

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
PhatSaqs said:
Killzone flopped and Halo 2 is hype is like the plague. Kinda easy to get sidetracked I'd say :p

Was there any doubt that Killzone was going to flop? Many of the previews all throughout it's gestation kept commenting on how the game seemed cool but the AI was lacking.

DarienA said:
Was there any doubt that Killzone was going to flop? Many of the previews all throughout it's gestation kept commenting on how the game seemed cool but the AI was lacking.

We'll have to see how bad it flops. I made a post asking how people thought the reviews scores would affect it and most people seemed to think it would sell great numbers, despite the reviews, especially in Europe. I'm not quite as optimistic although stores got in a crapload number of copies, which must mean they had certain expectations.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
PhatSaqs said:
Meanwhile, the subersive Ratchet & Clank subculture builds steam. ;)

Top Bottom