• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

jett

D-Member
Blader5489 said:
But Desmond has no character :lol

(I say this as someone who has played 1 and 2 so far.)

He shows more personality in AC:B. Not sure if it's something people will like, but hey it's something. :p

Coldsnap

In multiplayer how do I kill other players that are not my target? I see people acting oversuspicious but the kill button never appears on them.

jett

D-Member
Coldsnap said:
In multiplayer how do I kill other players that are not my target? I see people acting oversuspicious but the kill button never appears on them.

Why would you ever wanna do that? You'll lose your contract. Just press square.

Coldsnap

jett said:

You get points for the kill and whoever is hunting them looses him so it screws them over. I had a match where most of my targets were killed by other templars and it royaly f'ed me.

REV 09

Blader5489 said:
But Desmond has no character :lol

(I say this as someone who has played 1 and 2 so far.)
He looks more urban/hip hop than he sounds. He's too polite for his character model.

jett

D-Member
Coldsnap said:
You get points for the kill and whoever is hunting them looses him so it screws them over. I had a match where most of my targets were killed by other templars and it royaly f'ed me.

I see, I haven't really played much MP tbh.

dwebo

REV 09 said:
He looks more urban/hip hop than he sounds. He's too polite for his character model.
I love how they gave him a trendy messenger bag even though he doesn't have any personal belongings to carry around, not to mention it would be uncomfortable as hell lying on it in the animus.

Coldsnap said:
That's because you can have multiple contracts assigned against you. If it was just a free for all, it'd be even more chaotic than it already is.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
How can you see the stores' quests? I saw it at one point, and i thought you access it while at a store, but I can't find the list of things they need anywhere now...

jett

D-Member
FlyinJ said:
How can you see the stores' quests? I saw it at one point, and i thought you access it while at a store, but I can't find the list of things they need anywhere now...

Only the stores on the island where Ezio's hideout is have the shopquests.

Irish

FlyinJ said:

The stores that show what the shop quests require have a white diamond/square around their specific icons. All of them are near the Tiber Island Hideout.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Bernbaum said:
Totally random query - does the game load any data from my AC1/2 save files?

I played those games on a different 360.

I don't know, I thought they did at first since I had Altairs Sword and the Notched dagger from 2 when I started this game, also a random amount of money. I don't see why they would since you never get to use any of that stuff. Continuity maybe? So you can go from 2 to BH without missing a beat?

rareside

QUESTION--

I'm just kind of exploring, and I decided to kill the guard in one of the RED ZONES.

I then tried to torch the tower but it didn't give me the option when I was at the top? WTF?? I already killed the guy I was supposed to... something I'm missing?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
jett said:
The only reason you should ever do that is if you're playing Manhunt. There's multiple targets in Manhunt, but you're only assigned one contract at a time. If you kill someone running on rooftops who isn't assigned to you you'll still get the points and your contract will remain valid.
Coldsnap said:
Wanted? The higher you are on the leaderboard the more people you get assigned to you. They didn't screw you over by killing random people, you all had the same target and they beat you to the kill. If you perform an unassigned kill in Wanted you'll lose your contract and open yourself to your pursuer.
Grady Durden said:
I press X multiple times on my contract and he dodges it everytime. Totally bogus.
Try locking on to your target and try using smoke bombs/firecrackers to disable them.

jett

D-Member
rareside said:
QUESTION--

I'm just kind of exploring, and I decided to kill the guard in one of the RED ZONES.

I then tried to torch the tower but it didn't give me the option when I was at the top? WTF?? I already killed the guy I was supposed to... something I'm missing?

Are you sure you did? maybe you didn't and he escaped. You'll have to wait out until the next in-game day to try again.

dwebo

jett said:
Are you sure you did? maybe you didn't and he escaped. You'll have to wait out until the next in-game day to try again.
Fuck those guys. It's pretty much an acknowledgment that the combat system is far too easy when the hardest rated captains all run away.

rareside

Yes I did.. I even left the red area, came back and the message flashed on screen that he was dead and that I needed to torch the tower. When I climb it nothing is flashing like it usually is and I can't torch. For a second I was wondering if I needed to collect/buy something from a merchant to allow it, but that didn't seem right.

And I know I killed him becaused I ripped him off his dumb ass horse and stabbed him in the heart with my hidden blade.

Spent the last fucking hour trying to figure this shit out.. bout to move the fuck on..

sdornan

I'm at the end of chapter 4 in the story and kind of losing interest... it's just too damn similar to Assassin's Creed II...

MightyKAC

Ok now I'm worried.

I picked up my copy of ACB yesterday. Put it in , it gets to the loading screen and it says "Disk dirty or damaged blah blah blah " and will not load up for me. Ok, I must have a bad disk since ALL my other Blu ray discs and DVD's work just fine in my PS3 (old 60gig ps2 BC system btw). So the next day I bring my system to a friends house and he's got the game on rent so I pop in his (completely different) copy of ACB and lo and behold the SAME EXACT ERROR POPS UP.

tldr version: 2 different copies of ACB give the same error on my system that plays every other game I put in it just fine.

W
T
FFFFUUUUUUU!!!!!!

I did a google search and I went through this thread and found nothing similar to my issue.
Someone PLEASE tell me I missed something.

jett

D-Member
MightyKAC said:
Ok now I'm worried.

I picked up my copy of ACB yesterday. Put it in , it gets to the loading screen and it says "Disk dirty or damaged blah blah blah " and will not load up for me. Ok, I must have a bad disk since ALL my other Blu ray discs and DVD's work just fine in my PS3 (old 60gig ps2 BC system btw). So the next day I bring my system to a friends house and he's got the game on rent so I pop in his (completely different) copy of ACB and lo and behold the SAME EXACT ERROR POPS UP.

tldr version: 2 different copies of ACB give the same error on my system that plays every other game I put in it just fine.

W
T
FFFFUUUUUUU!!!!!!

I did a google search and I went through this thread and found nothing similar to my issue.
Someone PLEASE tell me I missed something.

I get some stuttering and loading issues. I don't know what's the deal with that. I don't have any error messages though.

Pimpbaa

Regarding the last 2 posts. I wonder if you guys are having hard drive issues? This game seems to be very hard drive intensive (more so than most PS3 games). It's constantly loading from it.

MightyKAC

Pimpbaa said:
Regarding the last 2 posts. I wonder if you guys are having hard drive issues? This game seems to be very hard drive intensive (more so than most PS3 games). It's constantly loading from it.

Well I've been meaning to install a new HD so I'll try that out and see if that helps...

DrBo42

Y2Kev said:
also since when did desmond get a (retarded looking) wrist tattoo?
It says in the limited edition guide that Shaun was drawing on him with permanent marker
during the van ride to Monterrigioni.

jett

D-Member
Bernbaum said:
So jewel's and stuff - sell 'em anywhere and treat 'em like currency or are they worth different things to different people?

Keep 'em, don't sell them, in the future some shops will require a list of items to give you access to some weapons you can't buy otherwise.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
DrBo42 said:
It says in the limited edition guide that Shaun was drawing on him with permanent marker
during the van ride to Monterrigioni.
actually that's a WAY more awesome explanation than I thought we'd ever get. lol.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Bernbaum said:
So jewel's and stuff - sell 'em anywhere and treat 'em like currency or are they worth different things to different people?
You can trade certain sets for weapons and other stuff at special shops. Look for Shop Quest.

jett

D-Member
Pimpbaa said:

I don't know, maybe, one issue i have is the saving icon staying on screen way longer than usual...

But I don't have any issues with any other games, including AC2.

Y2Kev said:
also since when did desmond get a (retarded looking) wrist tattoo?

Also, where'd he get those new digs? And that weird bag? Speaking of which, WHAT'S IN THE BAG?

seven2.jpg

conman

sdornan said:
I'm at the end of chapter 4 in the story and kind of losing interest... it's just too damn similar to Assassin's Creed II...
I'm feeling similarly. The first few hours were fantastic. But once you get into the "daily grind" of it all in Rome, the story disappears almost entirely (similar to what happened in AC2). Ends up feeling more like Just Cause 2 at that point.

I love the series and a lot of what it does, but the magic is fading. Combined with the performance issues (on 360, at least), I'm worried they are in fact milking the series--despite what most reviews claim.

Sai-kun

Banned
conman said:
I'm feeling similarly. The first few hours were fantastic. But once you get into the "daily grind" of it all in Rome, the story disappears almost entirely (similar to what happened in AC2). Ends up feeling more like Just Cause 2 at that point.

I love the series and a lot of what it does, but the magic is fading. Combined with the performance issues (on 360, at least), I'm worried they are in fact milking the series--despite what most reviews claim.

3 games in 4 years would almost fit my definition of 'milking' a series, but IMO the games have been getting constantly better, not just staying as 'more of the same', so I give Ubi benefit of the doubt.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
rareside said:
Yes I did.. I even left the red area, came back and the message flashed on screen that he was dead and that I needed to torch the tower. When I climb it nothing is flashing like it usually is and I can't torch. For a second I was wondering if I needed to collect/buy something from a merchant to allow it, but that didn't seem right.

And I know I killed him becaused I ripped him off his dumb ass horse and stabbed him in the heart with my hidden blade.

Spent the last fucking hour trying to figure this shit out.. bout to move the fuck on..

Do something else and come back later? Maybe it's bugged.

So, for any Ubi devs that happen to be reading; when you provide me with something called a code wheel, and a bunch of numbers that I have to try to decode, implying that there's a code, and I'm having trouble figuring it out, and I hit the advice button, telling me (paraphrasing) 'these numbers aren't completely random, there's a code,' does not count as a fucking hint.

Back to work!

Irish

Oblivionmancer said:
So, for any Ubi devs that happen to be reading; when you provide me with something called a code wheel, and a bunch of numbers that I have to try to decode, implying that there's a code, and I'm having trouble figuring it out, and I hit the advice button, telling me (paraphrasing) 'these numbers aren't completely random, there's a code,' does not count as a fucking hint.

Back to work!

There was one code wheel where the solution could be solved simply by looking at the other numbers in the "wheel setter" section.

Irish said:
There was one code wheel where the solution could be solved simply by looking at the other numbers in the "wheel setter" section.

Could be that's the one I just finished. I dunno I just fumbled around with it until I got it right. Maybe it's my own problem, but I feel to often like when I 'solve' the puzzles I'm really just moving the pieces around until things happen to click into place, so I end up progressing past them without having any notion what the logic was behind them, or what it was I supposedly just figured out. Like I said, it could just be that I suck at bending my mind into the right mindset to work them through, but usually doesn't feel like it. And the so called advice is often terrible, as mentioned. I mean really, how is 'it's a puzzle, figure it out' helpful? Oh well still having fun, just felt compelled to rage impotently on the internet in the midst of that last one.

Sai-kun

Banned
Oblivionmancer said:
Could be that's the one I just finished. I dunno I just fumbled around with it until I got it right. Maybe it's my own problem, but I feel to often like when I 'solve' the puzzles I'm really just moving the pieces around until things happen to click into place, so I end up progressing past them without having any notion what the logic was behind them, or what it was I supposedly just figured out. Like I said, it could just be that I suck at bending my mind into the right mindset to work them through, but usually doesn't feel like it. And the so called advice is often terrible, as mentioned. I mean really, how is 'it's a puzzle, figure it out' helpful? Oh well still having fun, just felt compelled to rage impotently on the internet in the midst of that last one.

The wheels for Clusters 6, 7, and 8 (or 9) had me fucking dying. I still don't understand. :lol But I got it!

jett said:
Keep 'em, don't sell them, in the future some shops will require a list of items to give you access to some weapons you can't buy otherwise.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Blimblim

The Inside Track
bigdaddygamebot said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
Welcome to my world. I'm still missing one silk and another one to get my last two items, and I suspect it's because I sold all my items near the beginning of the game.
Also make sure to loot the bodies of th Borgia captains and the civilians who attack you randomly, they usually have rare items.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Does anyone know where Lucy is after Sync 5? She's missing, and there are some
weird footsteps from the fountain outside the Villa up to the back door
that you can only see in Eagle vision. Foreshadowing?

Irish

I never noticed that Lucy had gone missing after Sequence 5. :( Every time I left the animus, she was sitting behind her little computer, typing away. Maybe I just skipped leaving the animus for a bit (odd, because I liked talking to Shaun, Rebecca, and Lucy)? There were a few times where I had left the animus after a sequence completion, but there was no new dialogue from any of the three. I might have just talked to one person during that time (probably Shaun) and then went back into the animus since I knew none of them would have any new dialogue. That might have been when I missed it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Just did 6 and shes still not there, only new emails, and the other two still don't say anything new even though I get the little ! on 'Leave Animus'. Is this a bug maybe?

Wow, the collectible aspect of this game really threw me for a loop.

1 out of 10 feathers? YAY!

Oh...101 flags? Boo.

And then I unlock maps for the flags after 25. Thank god.

Top Bottom