• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

fernoca

Talking about the soundtrack, it is amazing. I thought I wasn't going to like it as much as the one from II (like the music that played usually when you had to escape while being chased); but some of the tunes in Brotherhood are so awesome.

(EDIT: Thanks for the ZealousD; this one from II is the one I loved!! :) )

The more I play thsi game, the more excited I get about it. I like try to find a flaw or something to get bored of, but there's so much to do. Unlike II, I know I won't get all achievements, but that's mainly because of the multiplayer ones. :p

dwebo

I gotta say, I'm really enjoying multiplayer a lot more than I thought I would. It helps that I was fully expecting it to be crap. They really need to shorten the time you're given to pick your skin / profile / team, though. You don't need 15 seconds for each.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
ZealousD said:
It already exists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBUiu_m70KQ&

Listen to the whole thing and then tell me you don't get goosebumps.

Agreed, I've been shocked at how often I've thrown the ACII OST to listen to in the past year. Such a fantastic soundtrack, particularly that track and the two "Flight Over Venice" tracks. So damn good.

Also, Brotherhood is easily in the running as my new GotY choice. The new additions to the campaign(filtering so much of what was great in II while adding even more quality!), the multiplayer...what a wonderful package.

im really enjoying the virtual trainer. chaining the next attack with the gun and killing 2 guys is so sick!

wish they come out with challenge rooms dlc like batman aa

AcciDante

I'm so sick of having to restart a mission because I was 'detected.' If the guard notices me a split second before I drive my blades into his skull, what does it matter!? Is he firing off a radio call to the other guards!? NO! RAGE!!!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
jett said:
You're missing a few more smileys in there. LOLOLOL amirite. First off, I don't see much advancement since AC1. I see blurry low-res textures, screen tearing and framerate issues, poly-starved character models, low-quality shadows, severe pop-up and fade-in, among other things Those last two for some reason not even the PC ports escape them. Great art and design hides a lot of those issues, but they're there. The overall visual quality has remained about the same since the first game. The only one true, palpable upgrade is the day/night system.

Also, I didn't say it looked bad, I said it looked dated. Reading is fun-damental.

edit: oh right, and now the game has added a really weird SSAO technique that adds strange artifacting around character models when its active.
Meh, I don't think ACB and the engine it relies on (Anvil/Forge) looks dated at all. For what it does, I'd argue it's still the best multiplatform engine of the generation. Yeah it has many small (some would consider big I guess) issues like LOD, tearing, but considering the vistas they manage to create in this game I'm more than willing to live with these.
As for the progression from AC1 to AC2 to ACB, yeah the textures took a noise-dive between 1 & 2, because they added a day/night cycle. In AC2 I didn't like the nights most of the time, it made the game too dark and annoying to play. In ACB though the nights are just another way to show the city, they never are a detriment to the gameplay itself.
And the framerate/tearing in AC1 was way worse than what we have now (not even talking about the terrible PS3 version here). I did various 360/PS3 comparison of this game back in the days so I have quite a good idea of how many framedrops we got when synchronizing a tower in AC1 for example. The only time when ACB is really annoyingly slow (360 version at least) is when riding a horse in the city, something I never did anyway.

AcciDante said:
I'm so sick of having to restart a mission because I was 'detected.' If the guard notices me a split second before I drive my blades into his skull, what does it matter!? Is he firing off a radio call to the other guards!? NO! RAGE!!!

I've been wondering, does "detected" include any notice/yellow bar, or only an alert?

fernoca

You can press start at any moment during a mission to check if you're still on track for 100% sync. Timed ones display the remaining time too.

I was aiming at 100% in all, but then that one in Sequence 3 of 8 minutes, in a labyrinth of sorts and then there was combat too, yeah whatever. If I get 100% fine ,if not; no problem. :lol :lol

I also wasted 28,000+ coins buying the "piramide"; expecting it to become this awesome fort to walk around and explore. :lol :lol :lol

GcRayden

I've been playing for 2 days and I was thinking to myself that they cut out all of the courtesans, thieves, and mercenaries from the last game. I was also wondering why I didn't have posters put up of me for all the countless killing I did.

Then I ran out of things to buy and and guards to kill, so I decided to take on a story mission and well what do you know? Seems I jumped the gun a little too early and went rampaging on buying things that I didn't realize that I never completed the basic missions that introduce all of those things.

I just got as far to where the game let me go out on my own and make money and I just spent all my time doing that instead. I didn't even have any side missions available yet! Talk about a jam packed game, I still haven't even got the ability to use the parachute or start my own group of Anti-social killing machines.

GcRayden said:
I've been playing for 2 days and I was thinking to myself that they cut out all of the courtesans, thieves, and mercenaries from the last game. I was also wondering why I didn't have posters put up of me for all the countless killing I did.

Then I ran out of things to buy and and guards to kill, so I decided to take on a story mission and well what do you know? Seems I jumped the gun a little too early and went rampaging on buying things that I didn't realize that I never completed the basic missions that introduce all of those things.

I just got as far to where the game let me go out on my own and make money and I just spent all my time doing that instead. I didn't even have any side missions available yet! Talk about a jam packed game, I still haven't even got the ability to use the parachute or start my own group of Anti-social killing machines.

I'm a little farther than that, and it's kind of funny that now there's so much to do that it makes the map a broken clusterfuck of symbols.

I tried getting into my first multiplayer match on Xbox but gave up. I almost forgot the game had multiplayer until my friend reminded me. I'm too immersed in the single player portion of the game to remember the multiplayer. I hope the next time I try to get into a game it works.

Ranger X

Snapshot King said:
I'm a little farther than that, and it's kind of funny that now there's so much to do that it makes the map a broken clusterfuck of symbols.

You can disable icons in the map if it's obstructing.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
I quite enjoyed AC2 ( but it was a rental). I don't give a shit about multiplayer, does this build on the single player of AC2 or just add multi for no reason?

Just finished the game... It was good but not AC2 good... it felt like a side squeal for AC and didn't make a lot of progress in the story except the ending which was really shocking and good like the last two AC games were.

didn't even try the MP yet... first I need to to go back to New Vegas and finish it before I return to AC:B and get my Platinum in it.

So... do you think ACIII would be next in 2011? or it will see the light in 2012 to go along with the story :lol ?

Fixed1979

A couple questions was thinking about grabbing this for a weekend of relaxing. I hated 1 and loved 2...how's this? Also 360 or PS3?

iNvid02

So i signed into PSN and got a message from AssassinsCreedUK.

Gabe Graziani (community team leader) said he saw some of my multiplayer videos. The director for multiplayer told him about them.
He added me as a friend on PSN and said it would be nice to play with an expert o_O I'll post some gameplay up when i play with them

Smokey

iNvidious01 said:
So i signed into PSN and got a message from AssassinsCreedUK.

Gabe Graziani (community team leader) said he saw some of my multiplayer videos. The director for multiplayer told him about them.
He added me as a friend on PSN and said it would be nice to play with an expert o_O I'll post some gameplay up when i play with them

where can i see your videos

Snapshot King said:
God damnit. That means I failed the castle mission literally within the final 5 seconds.

I know the feeling.

On 4 now, and I'm loving it. Need to get more used to the active combat--I'm slowly getting it down, and it's a nice change from ParryParryParry.

If they maintain this level of quality, I'd buy it every year.

Bit-Bit

For those getting fustrated on missions where you can't get detected for 100%, it becomes a lot easier once you get your assassins involved. I just did an entire stealth mission while watching everything from a distance and coming in for the kill on the main target.

dwebo

Coldsnap said:
My god what were the developers thinking front loading this game with a very long tomb traversal part.
F061i.jpg

timkunedo said:
Been playing the ps3 version and it is silky smooth. Game is beautiful!!!!
Really loving the multiplayer as well.
Wtf? What kind of PS3 do you have? Are you in Rome?

Game runs like crap and the popin, screen tearing + framerate drops make me lose a lot of respect for Ubisoft.

Coldsnap

dwebo said:

They failed so bad then. Maybe if there was some dialog or progression in the story during the section, it just grinds to a halt.

Anyways, is there any way to enter multiplayer from singleplayer?

Coldsnap said:
My god what were the developers thinking front loading this game with a very long tomb traversal part.

agreed - only part of the game that felt clunky (& corny) to me. truth to tell, the more they keep trying to get me interested in the 'meta-story' part of the series, the more it just keeps turning me off :) ...

otherwise, this:

RiccochetJ said:
I haven't even recruited assassins yet and I'm about 8 hours into the game. It's just, "Well I should continue on with the stor... oh hey a side mission I haven't done yet!"

once they open up the game world, it's fantastic...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Snapshot King said:
More like Nathan Drake copied Desmond, considering Uncharted came out 5 days after Assassin's Creed 1 and they're both Nolan North.
Wow, woosh.

Desmond in Assassin's Creed 1 is nothing like Nathan Drake. Now he is Nathan Drake. He even wisecracks with a female platforming partner.

jett

D-Member
Coldsnap said:

"Fuck yeah this is awesome"?

Y2Kev said:
They made desmond into nathan drake

They kind of tried. To be honest he's still too much of an asshole. Lucy too. I like Shaun and Rebecca the best. :p Definitely not the most likeable video game cast around.

Lucy wins for pointing out that much franchise milkage is to come, though. :lol I wonder if that was done on purpose

Bit-Bit

jett said:
"Fuck yeah this is awesome"?

They kind of tried. To be honest he's still too much of an asshole. Lucy too. I like Shaun and Rebecca the best. :p Definitely not the most likeable video game cast around.

Lucy wins for pointing out that much franchise milkage is to come, though. :lol I wonder if that was done on purpose
About them being assholes, they are trained killers after all.

Amir0x

Banned
man I tell you what, they really needed to do some new civilian voice samples. They fucking reused virtually all the voice samples they had from AC2. Laaaazy :lol"

jett

D-Member
Bit-Bit said:
About them being assholes, they are trained killers after all.

Aren't those guys pretty much tech support? :p Desmond is OK, he definitely showed some personality here at least.

Ezio is pretty likeable, too.

jett

D-Member
Amir0x said:
man I tell you what, they really needed to do some new civilian voice samples. They fucking reused virtually all the voice samples they had from AC2. Laaaazy :lol"

How do you think they managed to pump this one out in a year? :p A lot of AC2 assets in general have been re-used.

Sadly the MONEY MONEY MONEY COIN MONEDA DINERO MY LUCKY DAY!!! lines are missing. :( :lol

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I'm loving the fuck out of this game. Multiplayer isn't all that bad, either.

Amir0x

Banned
I mean, damn, it could not possibly take that fucking long to spend an extra week in recording to do a a couple dozen more civilian talk lines. it's shameless.

I like soaking in the atmosphere in these games, but like the fact that the civilians are saying the same shit they said in AC2 word for word with the same voices... it really takes me out and makes everything feel way artificial. it IS artificial, but I like the illusion!

Not gonna ruin the game for me but it's just a little lame.

jett

D-Member
Amir0x said:
I mean, damn, it could not possibly take that fucking long to spend an extra week in recording to do a a couple dozen more civilian talk lines. it's shameless.

I like soaking in the atmosphere in these games, but like the fact that the civilians are saying the same shit they said in AC2 word for word with the same voices... it really takes me out and makes everything feel way artificial. it IS artificial, but I like the illusion!

Not gonna ruin the game for me but it's just a little lame.

Speaking of re-using assets, Multiplayer is a nice surprise. It looks completely different from single-player.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Finally, took me awhile to get the double hidden blades back. Somewhat related,
the Leonardo Machine missions I've tried(Gunner and Bomber) were both amazing. Looking forward to the next two!

Blader

REV 09 said:
I wish they would have chosen a different voice actor for Desmond. Nolan North just doesn't fit his character imo.

But Desmond has no character :lol

(I say this as someone who has played 1 and 2 so far.)

Top Bottom