• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I haven't even recruited assassins yet and I'm about 8 hours into the game. It's just, "Well I should continue on with the stor... oh hey a side mission I haven't done yet!"

And don't get me started about the complaints that Ezio is OP. They figured out that. Yes Ezio is a badass. But they did this whole thing about 100% sync. You fuck up... 50% Took them till the third game but I have to say that they figured out how to make it difficult without you dying (if you so choose)

And the multiplayer is the the breath of fresh air I've been dying for! Holy shit is it fun! I haven't had this much fun since the Bioshock2 Muli where it was so unique and it wasn't extremely annoying from the get go.

I'm gonna have a hard time deciding between this and Super Meat Boy, Lara Croft, and Red Dead for my Goty.

Enter any moderately open area, and I bet the rate of torn frames is like 15-20% on the 360 version. Lucky for me, I'm not terribly worked up about that sort of thing and it does seem like the environmental lighting has been improved. Even my non-gamer roomate was commenting on how good the lighting in the game was. I assume this looks phenomenal on PC.

Darknessbear said:
Wow I went back to AC1 just to see how much has changed and I was surprised that AC1 actually looks better the majority of the time. It also performs a bunch better, has little screen tearing and very little popin. What the heck happened?

Just go to Acre in AC1 and be amazed... illumanti behind this!?
apparently you prefer less sophisticated lighting

NZNova

Within 5 seconds of the game starting I remembered how much I fucking loved AC2 and I got this big grin on my face. I just hope this game isn't going to be too short! :D

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
NZNova said:
Within 5 seconds of the game starting I remembered how much I fucking loved AC2 and I got this big grin on my face. I just hope this game isn't going to be too short! :D

If you're the completionist type, you'll actually spend MORE time in the game.

conman

theignoramus said:
Enter any moderately open area, and I bet the rate of torn frames is like 15-20% on the 360 version. Lucky for me, I'm not terribly worked up about that sort of thing
I don't think I would care so much if the tunnels and non-Rome areas weren't so gorgeous and smooth. The contrast makes the tearing in Rome really stand out a lot.

When Desmond and Lucy look for the entrance to the Sanctuary under the villa, the game has flashes of Uncharted. The Dynamic between the character is growing on me.

One thing's for sure, Ubi Montreal does a better job at the platforming bits than Naughty Dog(It's not like it was bad anyway).

Jb

The Bookerman said:
When Desmond and Lucy look for the entrance to the Sanctuary under the villa, the game has flashes of Uncharted. The Dynamic between the character is growing on me.

One thing's for sure, Ubi Montreal does a better job at the platforming bits than Naughty Dog(It's not like it was bad anyway).
I'm pretty sure this line was a direct reference to UC2:
"- Here, let me give you a boost.
- I don't think that's a good idea"

suikodan

I'm playing the PS3 version and I like it but I'm experiencing lots of annoying bugs.

1- A lot of draw-ins, sometimes worse than a UT3-powered game.
2- In certain angles, you can see seams in the polygons. It kinda sucks.
3- Bugs like these:

Look, a kite minigame!
24e31cbc.jpg

Oh noes, it's that guy from Silent Hill!
16055729.jpg

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
suikodan said:
I'm playing the PS3 version and I like it but I'm experiencing lots of annoying bugs.

3- Bugs like these:

Look, a kite minigame!
[I/MG]http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab12/suikodan/24e31cbc.jpg[/IMG]

[IM/G]http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab12/suikodan/16055729.jpg[/IMG]
I've experienced 1 very frequently, but not 2 or 3. Those shots actually look like your GPU might be overheating.....

glaurung

Played the PS3 version for a few hours last night, never encountered either bug.

But the could have used a bit more polish, there are cracks in the minimap and the frame rate suffers here and there. Does not interfere with the game play though.

Sai

Every time a new AC comes out, I'm always hearing about terrible bugs and glitches in the PS3 versions of the games. :(

I know AC started off terrible on the PS3, but was later patched. Did AC2 receive the same treatment?

glaurung

Sai said:
Every time a new AC comes out, I'm always hearing about terrible bugs and glitches in the PS3 versions of the games. :(

I know AC started off terrible on the PS3, but was later patched. Did AC2 receive the same treatment?
The patches for the first game on PS3 removed some hard freeze bugs, but they did not make the game better or playable.

The second game did not get any major patches that I could recall, I managed to finish it regardless of the bugs (spamming smoke bombs would always crash the game, as would certain ragdoll events).

ACB has not crashed on me yet.

suikodan

Killthee said:
I've experienced 1 very frequently, but not 2 or 3. Those shots actually look like your GPU might be overheating.....

If that's the case, shouldn't I be experiencing things like this but in other games as well? (Which, BTW, isn't the case as of yet.)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
suikodan said:
If that's the case, shouldn't I be experiencing things like this but in other games as well? (Which, BTW, isn't the case as of yet.)
Depends on whether or not your playing your other games as much as Brotherhood and how GPU intensive those games are I imagine. My last two systems for example both died from a YLOD, I never got artifacts, but they both would randomly shut down after 20+ mins of playing Killzone 2. Any other game they were fine with for the most part, but playing K2 would usually cause a shutdown. Around one week later after the first random shutdowns they started affecting other games and then they died for good.

I've played a crapload of multiplayer and gotten to Sequence 3 in single player and I've never experienced anything like the shots you've posted on my system. While on the other hand I know the cooling on my notebook sucks and anytime I play Dragon Age on my system for more than 1 hour straight without a fan blowing at it, I get the same exact artifacts.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't arrive today :(

Thanks Play.com, i suppose it was asking too much to have a game the day of it comes out after having it pre-ordered for weeks.

Being the achievement-whore that I am...there are some multiplayer achievements that I will NEVER get and thus never "perfect" the game.

However...I am really, REALLY enjoying the game.

I spent two hours last night just doing getting gold medals on the kill streak virtual missions before I was all..."Oh yeah...I suppose I should...you know...play the actual game...oh look! I can totally leave the animus and run around and explore too!"

Fuck...there's just SO much to do.

The completionist in me is suffering from sensory overload.

Some friends of mine partied up last night and fired up the multiplayer and holy shit I've not laughed so hard since L4D. My first kill was from one of them running on a roof and diving into hay, right where I was standing. Easy stab.

The murder pile ups are fun too. This is where someone executes their target, then gets executed right where they stand, and it continues for 3-6 people after that.

One thing I noticed, you do NOT want to be #1 in the first few minutes. Having 3 people on your ass, while tense, tends to get you killed a few times really quickly.

Stunning works for me now that I've had a few hours under my belt. Smoke bomb followed by stun will put your pursuer on the ground. But yes, there are a few times where you've hit stun, your character is in mid swing even in the execution scene and gets killed anyway.

We split our time between the Wanted and Manhunt. So much fun to watch the other team kill 3 civilians thinking it was me.

Will play more of it tonight, but SP is calling me back.....

MjFrancis

Stun is incredibly unreliable, it's probably supposed to be balanced that way. I have more success with it in Manhunt than Wanted. If, after a smoke bomb, I don't immediately see a stun button, I hit the road. Otherwise, I'll just die. Actually, I've never stunned anyone in Wanted, but most Manhunt games yield 4-6 stuns for me. :lol

Also, I've been hearing that the cap for level 50 is closer to 600,000 XP rather than over one million. Was that one million number in the official strategy guide or something? I'm so glad that's wrong.

I just recieved my codex edition, and it definatly is up there with the collectors edition of Anno 1404. The box also contained an envelope with art cards which wasn't mentioned on the package info. I thought this card was quite good.
23uyn20.jpg

Front view of codex:
14c60qx.jpg

Back view:
2d6r72w.jpg

jett

D-Member
JaseC said:
Uh, the lighting in AC:B is leaps and bounds beyond that in the original.

Leaps and bounds? The only difference I see is poorly implemented SSAO. Personally the Anvil engine started looking dated last year, nevermind today.

Mr_Brit

Banned
jett said:
Leaps and bounds? The only difference I see is poorly implemented SSAO. Personally the Anvil engine started looking dated last year, nevermind today.
Really? So what most people with some semblance of graphical knowledge consider to be one of the best looking multiplatform engines this generation is actually bad according to you?:lol :lol

Weren't you one of the ones trying to argue that GOWIII was technically better than Crysis?

Mr_Brit

Banned
PalaceBrother said:
Forgive me if this has already been answered-I haven't gone through the thread. I'm debating whether to get this on 360 or PS3. Is there a difference? COD:BLOPS is going to be a permanent fixture in my 360 for the next little while so PS3 would be easier, but this video makes it look like 360 might be better:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ps3-vs-assassins-creed/707664

Has anybody had experience with both?
It's been established the 360 version is better.

jett

D-Member
Mr_Brit said:
Really? So what most people with some semblance of graphical knowledge consider to be one of the best looking multiplatform engines this generation is actually bad according to you?:lol :lol

You're missing a few more smileys in there. LOLOLOL amirite. First off, I don't see much advancement since AC1. I see blurry low-res textures, screen tearing and framerate issues, poly-starved character models, low-quality shadows, severe pop-up and fade-in, among other things Those last two for some reason not even the PC ports escape them. Great art and design hides a lot of those issues, but they're there. The overall visual quality has remained about the same since the first game. The only one true, palpable upgrade is the day/night system.

Also, I didn't say it looked bad, I said it looked dated. Reading is fun-damental.

edit: oh right, and now the game has added a really weird SSAO technique that adds strange artifacting around character models when its active.

Weren't you one of the ones trying to argue that GOWIII was technically better than Crysis?

I only said that it was my personal best-looking game. Nothing more and nothing less. Sour much?

So here's something...

I think Assassin's Creed needs a soundtrack or atleast a bit of music that makes me think, "Oh! Assassin's Creed".

It could really use something epic.

Also...I might be tired (and old) but I have only played about three hours of the story but there is a part with Desmond and...the blonde chick where they are exploring together and I swear the music that was playing in the background was Mass Effect music. Not THE Mass Effect music but music that you can hear during a Mass Effect play through.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I insane?

LiK

Just wanna say that I LOVE this game. So many cool missions. That is all, I don't wanna read spoilers by accident. ^^

DangerStepp

suikodan said:

3- Bugs like these:

Look, a kite minigame!
24e31cbc.jpg

16055729.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Muffdraul

suikodan said:

3- Bugs like these:

Ugh... Those are very similar to the sort of bugs I got when I was re-playing AC1 last year. They turned out to be signs of my PS3's imminent death. Good luck.

rataven

bigdaddygamebot said:
So here's something...

I think Assassin's Creed needs a soundtrack or atleast a bit of music that makes me think, "Oh! Assassin's Creed".

An AC theme would be awesome because you know Kyd would knock it out of the park. I do get that epic, "ohmygod I'm playing Assassin's Creed" feel when I hear Venice Rooftops, especially around 1:25. I'm pretty sure I've heard it in Brotherhood. I personally love Home and Ezio's Family, but those feel very specific to ACII.

I've bought all the games on 360 but hell, if they could put all 3 ACs on one bluray and implement all the mission structure/gameplay fixes from AC2/Brotherhood to the first one, it would be the game of forever to me.

rataven said:
An AC theme would be awesome because you know Kyd would knock it out of the park. I do get that epic, "ohmygod I'm playing Assassin's Creed" feel when I hear Venice Rooftops, especially around 1:25. I'm pretty sure I've heard it in Brotherhood. I personally love Home and Ezio's Family, but those feel very specific to ACII.
I think Earth is basically the Assassin's Creed theme at this point.

RedStep

MjFrancis said:
Also, I've been hearing that the cap for level 50 is closer to 600,000 XP rather than over one million. Was that one million number in the official strategy guide or something? I'm so glad that's wrong.

I saw it on a Rewards/Perks list that's posted in various places, but now I see that it is incorrect. A relief, to say the least.

Also, it's funny to me that the devs needed to post an in-game "News" article saying that Stun is meant to be nearly useless. That B prompt inspires confidence, but it really is only useful if they're already hit by another ability (smoke/fireworks).

jett

D-Member
infinityBCRT said:
I think Earth is basically the Assassin's Creed theme at this point.

Yep, also titled Heart. I'm not sure which one is the "right" one. I listen to that and I think of AC instantly. Personally the music is one of the strongest parts of the series.

MjFrancis

RedStep said:
I saw it on a Rewards/Perks list that's posted in various places, but now I see that it is incorrect. A relief, to say the least.

Also, it's funny to me that the devs needed to post an in-game "News" article saying that Stun is meant to be nearly useless. That B prompt inspires confidence, but it really is only useful if they're already hit by another ability (smoke/fireworks).
Those bastards! Well, it took me until level 20 to figure it out, but I guess that's how it's meant to be played. I still think that Wanted would benefit from the +15 bonus for hiding every few moments in the Manhunt gametype.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
XiaNaphryz said:
Penny Arcade Comic

I actually got to see the start of one when the person after me killed my doppelganger instead and then the dog pile started. I just sat there mouth agape as the carnage happened in front of me, and when the dust settled all I could think was, "This may have been the coolest multiplayer moment I've ever experienced." Shortly thereafter, I was stabbed in the face.

bigdaddygamebot said:

I have to agree with this. If only because that track starts up in Firenze and it makes me think of Mass Effect and I am wondering if its stock sound or a license track or what.

Pooya

Here is an interview with Jasper Kyd
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/assassinscreedbrotherhood/news.html?sid=6284304
GS: What projects are you currently working on?

JK: I am working on a film and a game project. However, these have not been announced yet, so I can't talk about them. Another project of mine was just aired on SyFy Channel called the Resistance series. It's currently available on iTunes, Xbox Live, and PlayStation Network. Sam Raimi's Ghost House Pictures and Starz were involved with the production www.theresistanceseries.com.
They also have an exclusive remixed Apple Chamber V2 track for download
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/assassinscreedbrotherhood/download_6284285.html?sid=6284285

~87MB

Lostconfused said:
I have to agree with this. If only because that track starts up in Firenze and it makes me think of Mass Effect and I am wondering if its stock sound or a license track or what.
It's all original music by Jesper kyd. Honestly I think it's one of the best soundtracks in gaming since Metal Gear Solid. And btw, Mass Effect 1/2 uses a few Tracks from the old Need For Speed games (before they used licensed music) for the club/bar locations

Top Bottom