• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
-Game is way, way glitchier than past games (which were already a little janky). So far I've seen a million people spawn in mid-air/sideways, been killed in cutscenes because enemies continued to attack and hurt me, had invincible enemies that wouldn't die, enemies that once killed would have their character model expand and spin wildly until they got to be about probably 50-60 feet high then disappear, and a million other things. I've read about a ton of gamebreaking bugs on other forums, and right now I may be fucked because I have open assassin slots, but every time I get within about 40 meters of a Recruit Assassin marker on the map, they completely magically disappear.

In a perfect world, this would be a feature.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I appreciate that. I was annoyed enough by the little recapping that exists in AC:R

I don't know about AC1 being skippable... it was pretty important to the AC:R story but I guess they rehash everything you need to know.

Ending Spoiler
Can someone explain to me
how the Apple of Eden was still in Altair's sealed tomb? Are there two apples? The Apple that Desmond has is the one Ezio had, which is obviously not the one he left in Altair's tomb

Yes
there are at least two apples, and we know Ezio didn't keep the one he had since he left it in the Juno temple, which was left there until Desmond got it

I'm not saying it's a bad thing for those of us who are following the series intently, but anybody who jumps right in to this game is going to be SO lost by pretty much everything. I wonder if this is just a thing that's happening within the Ezio trilogy or if AC3 is going to do the same thing and just keep trucking right along on this trend.

It was said already that the lose ends from previous games had to be closed otherwise the story couldn't go on without becoming too heavy, so we'll see how it goes in the next game.

Right? That's what continues to keep me interested, the fact that they make things better in each installment. Shows they see the criticism and want to make it better.

AC1->AC2 had to be the best transition/improvement this gen.

And it had two years of dev. That should help for AC3 (obviously has been in development for some time).

MG310

I didn't bother assigning Assassins to the different cities (as far as I can tell I never did anyway). Just took over every city then spammed the bottom of the list missions that gave 2500-5000xp every time until I got my 7 Assassins up to Master.

I have to agree with what some of you have been saying, this is the glitchiest of the AC games Ive played. Im playing on PS3 btw. The non-background music is really annoying.

That being said, just did the
explore inside Galata tower, and it was exhilirating.

nel e nel

I definitely agree that this is the 'glitchiest' of the last 3 games, can't say about AC1 since it's been 3 years since I played it and can't really remember any glitches (aside from not being able to swim!). It definitely got frustrating at times, but never game breaking for me. I never came across anything that a simple quit-and-reload wouldn't fix.

But in a way, it's to be expected to a degree since the main Montreal studio was only 1 of 6 studios working on it. It has to be tough to coordinate so many teams and coding.

Mest30

Banned
Ok, so how do you do that flip over people on the ps3? I think its called the hook and run. I did it in the tutorial buy forgot since then. I posted this question yesterday and the response I got was to press r1 and circle. I tried that a hundred times but all I do is either shove people to the ground or leg sweep people.

rataven

Ok, so how do you do that flip over people on the ps3? I think its called the hook and run. I did it in the tutorial buy forgot since then. I posted this question yesterday and the response I got was to press r1 and circle. I tried that a hundred times but all I do is either shove people to the ground or leg sweep people.

I think you can only do the move on guards and the like. And are you targeting them first with L1?

creid

I think you have to hold circle. Tapping it will do the leg sweep.

Irish

You have to do it on guards and then hold both R1 & Circle. Tapping circle while holding R1 will do the Hook and Throw.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The animus tutorials are a nice addition but you should be able to chose all tutorials in a menu.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What a horrible stain the tower defense stuff is on the game. Whomever green lit it should be fired.

I didn't mind it the first time around, my problem is that I pretty much have to play it now and then. I think it would be fine, if entirely optional.

sangreal

I don't mind the tower defense. It's really easy and doesn't take long. What bothered me was having to cross the map to start it. It's especially a pain when they attack multiple dens. I got sick of that, and just started to keep an eye on my notoriety which is actually pretty easy. Renovations adding to notoriety was the really stupid decision.

crispyben

So, I've got my twelve apprentices, including six/seven that are on their way to becoming Master Assassins to lock my dens, and yet I still have new recruits missions on my map. I just did the Pickpocket one, but even though the girl joined the order, she's nowhere to be sern and so cannot be sent on any mission to level up. Can anyone explain this? Thanks.

So, I've got my twelve apprentices, including six/seven that are on their way to becoming Master Assassins to lock my dens, and yet I still have new recruits missions on my map. I just did the Pickpocket one, but even though the girl joined the order, she's nowhere to be sern and so cannot be sent on any mission to level up. Can anyone explain this? Thanks.

Same thing happened to me.

Pretty sure they are just more involved recruiting missions that Ubi wanted people to do. And shows the different type of people that the Assassin's would recruit.

Davedough

- enemies that once killed would have their character model expand and spin wildly until they got to be about probably 50-60 feet high then disappear

I actually had this happen to me last night. There was a marksman spawned halfway in between the roof. I shot him and he began to thrash wildly and roll around, pretty soon he was raising in the air and spinning faster and faster until the character model distorted and became large triangles spinning around each other in succession growing wider with every spin, it grew almost so large that it threatened to blot out the sun..... just when the manic gyrations and exponential growth seemed to reach a near critical mass and I began to fear for the future of Constantinople... *poof*... it disappeared into the sky.

burgerdog

I didn't mind it the first time around, my problem is that I pretty much have to play it now and then. I think it would be fine, if entirely optional.

Yeah, I enjoyed it the first time but after that it became a chore. I had to do it four times before I got seven of my assassins to master rank.

BTW from what I understand, as long as you keep your Templar Awareness low (I'm not sure if its just below 100% or you have to be at 0%) you shouldn't have to do the den defense at all.

Its too bad they got rid of posters. I know the poster concept was a little silly that taking down 1 poster would make such a big difference, but for some reason I really enjoyed that mechanic.

crispyben

Same thing happened to me.

Pretty sure they are just more involved recruiting missions that Ubi wanted people to do. And shows the different type of people that the Assassin's would recruit.

Thanks, I guess the shortened dev cycle means a few cut corners and rushed decisions! Oh well, it won't impact my enjoyment of the game!

Quick

Banned
BTW from what I understand, as long as you keep your Templar Awareness low (I'm not sure if its just below 100% or you have to be at 0%) you shouldn't have to do the den defense at all.

Its too bad they got rid of posters. I know the poster concept was a little silly that taking down 1 poster would make such a big difference, but for some reason I really enjoyed that mechanic.

Just below 100%.

I played some MP the other day and my NAT type was open and the signal bar thing was all green. Jumped on again last night and the same signal bar was red and it didn't like my NAT type.

Would could have happened?

Yup, just don't buy or renovate any buildings!!!!

Is it me or is finding a game in Manhunt hard to do with just two people?

I couldn't get into full games either. I think everyone is swamped with single player and the MP guys like me are burned out and there isn't anything different with this MP that wasn't in Brotherhood. After getting 50 in Brotherhood I'm done....

Also, this game requires an online pass which always drops the numbers of online players.

I played some MP the other day and my NAT type was open and the signal bar thing was all green. Jumped on again last night and the same signal bar was red and it didn't like my NAT type.

Would could have happened?

Mine went from open to moderate.... only for this game. Every other game my NAT is open.

nel e nel

BTW from what I understand, as long as you keep your Templar Awareness low (I'm not sure if its just below 100% or you have to be at 0%) you shouldn't have to do the den defense.

This. I only did 1 defense outside of the required one in 25 hours of gameplay. They,are entirely avoidable. Not really understanding how the folks who are complaining aren't more vigilant about their notoriety.

This. I only did 1 defense outside of the required one in 25 hours of gameplay. They,are entirely avoidable. Not really understanding how the folks who are complaining aren't more vigilant about their notoriety.

I did 3 just for the assassin's guild challenge.

Like you said, it's entirely avoidable.

Did you not renovate any buildings? That is where 100% of my notoriety comes from which I may point out ONLY happens in this version of AC.

Not reading the thread because i want to avoid any and all spoilers. Can you unlock altair costume (the preorder bonus) in game or was it exclusive to preorder. I have the animus edition waiting to be played and im wondering if the other costumes are unlockable.

Any and all help appriciated.

surly

Banned
I definitely agree that this is the 'glitchiest' of the last 3 games, can't say about AC1 since it's been 3 years since I played it and can't really remember any glitches (aside from not being able to swim!). It definitely got frustrating at times, but never game breaking for me. I never came across anything that a simple quit-and-reload wouldn't fix.
Which system are you playing on?

I completed the 360 version (75% sync, so I have some side stuff still to do) and the only glitch I saw was half a guard sticking out of a roof, as if from the waist down he'd become stuck in the roof itself.

nel e nel

Which system are you playing on?

I completed the 360 version (75% sync, so I have some side stuff still to do) and the only glitch I saw was half a guard sticking out of a roof, as if from the waist down he'd become stuck in the roof itself.

360, and nothing I experienced was major or game breaking, but just a general feeling of lack of polish that the last two games had.

I did have one mission - the mercenaries HQ one - where I had to restart it because it got stuck and wouldn't advance. I also thought that the AI for the hired Romani/courtesans was worse than the last game as well. They could barely keep up with me when I fast-walked.

I think I'm forgiving the NPC pop-ins a bit more than most folks; it's understandable that to conserve memory that they don't have the entire city populated all the time, and for me I just saw it as playing into the fiction of the Animus and that the program was loading the memory as Ezio moved to different parts of the landscape.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
360, and nothing I experienced was major or game breaking, but just a general feeling of lack of polish that the last two games had.

I did have one mission - the mercenaries HQ one - where I had to restart it because it got stuck and wouldn't advance. I also thought that the AI for the hired Romani/courtesans was worse than the last game as well. They could barely keep up with me when I fast-walked.

I think the problem bug-wise is, you have all the stuff from previous ACs, which were already a bit buggy on the character-side/AI, and even more stuff on top, so it's starting to become a bit of a bug nest. The stuff they do in this series is pretty complex, lots of jumping around and such, it requires some careful attention, needs some cleanup in the future.

Carbonox

Just finished the main story. Wow. What a brilliant and fitting ending to Altair's and Ezio's storylines. Definitely gonna miss them.

Looks like the plot begins now for AC3.

BTW for those who have finished the story...
Where do you think this central vault is?

nel e nel

I don't see the option to join team games in multiplayer? I HATE the changes to the free for all multiplayer. Such a bummer.

You have to go to Custom instead of Play Now. It takes you to a menu where you can choose the game type (single, team, simple deathmatch) and the mode. It also tells you the activity level for each mode so you can better determine what most folks are playing (high, moderate, low). It's definitely an improvement from Brotherhood, but you can tell that MP is not Ubi's strong suit still.

Irish

Sometimes I think being somewhat blind/stupid really helps me out in my enjoyment of games. Haven't noticed too many bugs in this or Skyrim.

nel e nel

I think the problem bug-wise is, you have all the stuff from previous ACs, which were already a bit buggy on the character-side/AI, and even more stuff on top, so it's starting to become a bit of a bug nest. The stuff they do in this series is pretty complex, lots of jumping around and such, it requires some careful attention, needs some cleanup in the future.

Yeah, I agree. I would have rather they focused on cleaning up the mechanics they had already - like they did between ACI->ACII->ACB - instead of introducing the new bomb and den defense mechanics. Can't fault them for trying though, and hopefully they continue with listening to the feedback and make improvements for the next one.

Irish

I think the den defense is really the only new mechanic they stumbled with and I think a lot of that had to due with Massive being new to the giant AC working process. Bombs and hookblade were handled well.

nel e nel

BTW for those who have finished the story...
Where do you think this central vault is?

Look for the spoilers thread, I put a post in there. Here's the important bits:

Re: the main temple location - if you remember at the end of the Da Vinci Disappearance from Brotherhood, you get a set of numbers, which are actually GPS coordinates (43 39 19 N 75 27 42 W)

nel e nel

I think the den defense is really the only new mechanic they stumbled with and I think a lot of that had to due with Massive being new to the giant AC working process. Bombs and hookblade were handled well.

Yeah, bombs and hookblade were fine, but I basically went the whole game without using them. I only got into the bombs at the last two sequences and cleaning up the challenges during freeplay.

Top Bottom