• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

Asking this question for my brother. I'm not playing the game.
He is saying there in no longer any pigeon coops on the map and that in 4-5 hours he's only had a couple of side missions. Should I tell him this isn't Brotherhood and he's doing it wrong or is it a known glitch?
It's not a glitch. There aren't any pigeon coops. There's only one side mission for each of the guilds and 14 Master Assassin missions for your recruits. The special recruits that are involved in the Master Assassin missions have their own special recruitment mission compared to the other randomly generated recruits. I'm not sure if that last one is replayable.

EDIT: My bad, I mean there are pigeon coops, but it's only for leveling up recruits. It's with the white bomb icon. There's no letters or side missions that come with them.

rataven

Is there an actual map you can get for the Animus Data Fragments?

Or, does anyone have any idea why random fragments around the map seem to get icons?
I think after you collect 50 fragments, icons for the other 50 will be added to your map.

And the random ones that are showing now are probably because you used eagle vision in the area. When you use it and they're in your line of sight, and icon will be added. This works for all collectables.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It's not a glitch. There aren't any pigeon coops. There's only one side mission for each of the guilds and 14 Master Assassin missions for your recruits.

Even after you fill your recruit count there are still recruit missions around the city though.

MG310

Has anyone been able to get 100 percent sync on the "Mentor's Keeper" mission? The optional mission is to make sure the target doesn't kill anyone but he does so in a cutscene and it counts it against you.

Sai

Asking this question for my brother. I'm not playing the game.
He is saying there in no longer any pigeon coops on the map and that in 4-5 hours he's only had a couple of side missions. Should I tell him this isn't Brotherhood and he's doing it wrong or is it a known glitch?
Er... There are pigeon coops, they're just smaller—usually right next to the bomb crafting stations.

Has he already encountered these and they're simply not showing up anymore?

LiK

The Pigeon coops tend to be at the Bomb locations as mentioned so just go to a white bomb icon on map and it should be there.

Sai

Has anyone been able to get 100 percent sync on the "Mentor's Keeper" mission? The optional mission is to make sure the target doesn't kill anyone but he does so in a cutscene and it counts it against you.
[EDIT] - Lol! Yeah, I'm getting mixed up. You have to save all of the citizens before you reach the tower to get full sync on that mission. You can't do anything about the hostages that are killed off as you approach the target.

LiK

Is that an Altair mission? They're all glitched. Even tho game said I saved all civvies, I still failed. I failed a few other ones by accident and when I went back to replay memory, it was 100% already. So I guess it doesn't matter.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I just noticed this yesterday, but Ezio did briefly have some kind of cape with his Rev costume. He loses it before he fights with Leandros' men in the E3 trailer. Thought that was kind of a cool detail for them to include.

He wears one in Cappadocia.

Balboa

I renovated the whole city except for monuments and empty faction buildings, should be getting around 20,000 every 20 minutes but I haven't received anything for hours anyone else had this problem?

Sai

I thought my Ezio had a cape. I guess it depends on the armor?
His later armors do have small capes... But yeah, they're small. Nothing like the stuff he's had before.

I guess the capes he used back in Italy wouldn't really suit the Mediterranean setting? :p

LiK

His later armors do have small capes... But yeah, they're small. Nothing like the stuff he's had before.

I guess the capes he used back in Italy wouldn't really suit the Mediterranean setting? :p
Capes prolly not in style anymore. ;)

rataven

Anybody else kind of dig the stalkers? First few times they scared the crap out of me, but after you know what to listen for, it's fun finding them in a crowd with eagle vision and then tossing a knife in their back. :p

LiK

Anybody else kind of dig the stalkers? First few times they scared the crap out of me, but after you know what to listen for, it's fun finding them in a crowd with eagle vision and then tossing a knife in their back. :p
Yea, first time they scared the shit outta me cuz I just finished getting money.from a bank. I hit the right button so even after many attempts, i've killed them all without trouble.

Sai

Capes prolly not in style anymore. ;)
:(

Anybody else kind of dig the stalkers?
Yeah, they're a nice addition. First one I encountered really surprised me. Second one like instantly snuck up on me just as I finished looting a treasure chest, and that was the first and only time I've been stabbed. XD

Wish they showed up more often though. Like, if you stay street level for too long or somethin'. But then, I guess they'd be too much of an annoyance during certain missions like that.

ultron87

I think every time a stalker has jumped on me I've just wildly panicked, hit a bunch of buttons, and have somehow managed to hit the correct one each time so far.

rataven

Yeah, they're a nice addition. First one I encountered really surprised me.

Wish they showed up more often though. Like, if you stay street level for too long or somethin'. But then, I guess they'd be too much of an annoyance during certain missions like that.

Haven't figured out what triggers them, or if it's entirely random. I spend a lot of time strollin' around the city and they seem to show up about every 15-20 minutes or so. Definitely like these guys more than the thiefs since you can kill them with no penalty.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

Search them, they usually have a lot of cash. The first one I killed had 1000 dollars.

Sai

Seems pretty random to me.

Oh! Maybe they could pop up more if your notoriety is too high?... Or maybe it's already like that? I've never let my notoriety stay too high for too long, until I had to finish a few guild challenges.

rataven

Search them, they usually have a lot of cash. The first one I killed had 1000 dollars.

Oh I do, I'm borderline OCD about searching corpses in these games, ha. And if you don't kill a stalker after he stabs Ezio, I think notoriety shoots way up, so it's beneficial to hunt them down.

Sai

Come to think of it, Couriers, and Thieves don't show up nearly as often as they did in the last two games.

Jamesways

Speaking of tossing weapons. I just started messing around with heavy weapons and my god it's really something to throw them quite a distance away at a guard. Like down the street into some guard's head walking towards you. The reaction of shock on the crowd and the other guards is awesome.

Sai

Thank gawd.
D: Why? Hunting them down was fun.

In AC2, I remember chasing a Thief in Tuscany that knocked me down and stole my money when I was in the middle of a fight with some Guards. I chased that fool all around the city. XD

Didn't catch him though. Some rooftop guard stuck an arrow in his back, and he plummeted to the streets below.

... Still got my money back. :p

ultron87

Is there some secret to killing Janissaries that I'm missing? They just block or dodge everything melee/counter wise and then refuse to stop trying to shoot me in the face.

Using your pistol on them works somewhat, but ammo is limited.

LiK

Is there some secret to killing Janissaries that I'm missing? They just block everything melee/counter wise and then refuse to stop trying to shoot me in the face.

Counter then combo back quickly. You'll shave their life. No one hit kills with them in combat from my experience.

MjFrancis

Last night I had a stalker come at me IN THE MIDDLE OF A MISSION. I was supposed to be tailing a guy and I had to find new cover ASAP after that. It's the little things like those that make AC:R seem more fleshed out than previous iterations. I've only found one courier so far - the infrequency is appreciated, and makes everything seem to appear more organically. That is to say, not as forced as in AC:B.

Sai

Is there some secret to killing Janissaries that I'm missing? They just block or dodge everything melee/counter wise and then refuse to stop trying to shoot me in the face.

It takes a little longer to wear them down. They may block most of your killing blows for a while, but when their health is low enough, they'll fall. Makes them much tougher than those Papal Guards from Brotherhood.

Attack them only when they're preparing to use their gun on you, or after dodging one of their swings. Or you could counter them.

Just be cautious if you're fighting groups of them. Since you can't trigger execution streaks on 'em unless thier health is low enough, and they like to be sneaky with those guns.

Jamesways

Counter then combo back quickly. You'll shave their life. No one hit kills with them in combat from my experience.

If you use heavy weapons sometimes you can one hit counter kill them, not very often though. Otherwise, Counter steal followed by some quick slashes is really good too, you have to mix it up with them.

If you have a group of four you sneak up on and do the quick two-kill jump and stab execute, sometimes you can do it again on the remaining two. That's if you looking to take a group out quick/pick a fight.

Also, when they stop to shoot you, that's a great time to get a few strikes in, it'll interupt their timing.

*after I was done with the game I just walked around trying different weapons/methods of fighting groups of them.

Sai

Man, this Master Assassin mission(The Champion, Part 2) is giving me the blues.

I'm trying to get 100% sync. You're supposed to prevent this herald from taking any damage, but I'm having a tough time keeping these guys off of him. It seems harder than it has been before to switch targets between sword swings, and these guys don't waste time going for this guy.

Smoke Bombs help, but they don't last long enough, and I don't have enough. :I

Sai

Any tips on the coward guard den caption that keeps running away? I can't nab the guy and there is a bug where the crossbow won't kill him.
Use Eagle Sense to determine their routes—I think they reveal their escape paths too. You can try staying out of view until they're close enough, or cut them off during their escape.

And I don't think that's a bug. Heavily armored guards can't be killed by a single arrow.

Top Bottom