• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

Kazzy

I also remember so very little exposition: it really felt like it could've been condensed into one DNA sequence they cut from AC2. I don't have that feeling here.

True, but I never got the impression that the onus was on the story, at least not to the extent that it was in AC:R.

It very much felt like it was in service of the gameplay, not that there's anything wrong with that.

True, but I never got the impression that the onus was on the story, at least not to the extent that it was in AC:R.

It very much felt like it was in service of the gameplay, not that there's anything wrong with that.

True, it played great, but it really isn't memorable. I can't really remember any stand-out moments, whereas AC, AC2 and ACR have given me plenty. So ACR is, in my opinion, a definite opinion on its predecessor.

malfcn

Decided to restart. But now I forget. Who are the voices at the end of Bro, and beginning of Revelations? Spoilers and I will find out?

Decided to restart. But now I forget. Who are the voices at the end of Bro, and beginning of Revelations? Spoilers and I will find out?

The voices? You'll sorta-find out. Heck, if you pay attention during Desmond's memory sequences, you should be able to figure it out pretty quickly.

malfcn

Why does the Turkish Armor have so many bugs? You either can't equip it, or it goes away after you have equipped it. Laame.

Why does the Turkish Armor have so many bugs? You either can't equip it, or it goes away after you have equipped it. Laame.

Yea this game has a shitton of glitches for me (PS3). Constant graphic glitches like untextured tri's in the environment models. Always get characters with 1-2 vertices extruded infinitely, so everyone has long stretches of black shooting off them (if you are facing their normals). It's a mess.

malfcn

Is the Animus Island actually called The Black Room? I haven't heard anyone in the game refer to it as Black or White rooms. Is it an unofficial or out of game coined name?

iNvid02

Is the Animus Island actually called The Black Room? I haven't heard anyone in the game refer to it as Black or White rooms. Is it an unofficial or out of game coined name?

during the loading screen where you can run in circles, usually its white but in revelations its black due to whats happened with desmond and the animus

i think

during the loading screen where you can run in circles, usually its white but in revelations its black due to whats happened with desmond and the animus

i think

The Black Room is the source code of the Animus or something. Animus Island is a testing ground constructed in the Black Room. The Animus' UI (the White Room) and all the rest are constructed on top of that.

At least, that's how I understood it.

iNvid02

yeah its the guts of the animus

from ac wiki

The Black Room, also known as the Animus Island, was a safe mode inside the Animus virtual machine, which could be accessed through a back door in its programming. The room was located below its polar opposite, the White Room loading screen. It was the "guts" of the Animus, as described by Subject 16. The Black Room was the original test program, which consisted of only basic physics and weather simulation. Not intended for direct human interface, the Black Room formed the backbone of the Animus' higher levels of programming.

malfcn

I read all that, and understand it. I was just wondering if the name was used in the game, or purely on the Wiki or in discussions.

malfcn

Bug?

I bought all the books and went to the Den. Sofia was there and we talked.
But I was also there to start a mission to rescue her. Was confusing to see her there, and have her somewhere else at the same time.

Bug?

I bought all the books and went to the Den. Sofia was there and we talked.
But I was also there to start a mission to rescue her. Was confusing to see her there, and have her somewhere else at the same time.

Apparently they didn't put much thought into it. How did she even find the den in the first place?

Roto13

Keep in mind that memories don't have to take place in order. Like if you're in between two important story memories, you can still wander around and avenge scorned wives and pick up feathers and stuff off the ground.

C'est la Animus.

Pandemic

After seeing Assassins Creed III, I'm considering in purchasing this.. Is anyone able to provide their quick thoughts on this game?

Thank ya.

After seeing Assassins Creed III, I'm considering in purchasing this.. Is anyone able to provide their quick thoughts on this game?

Thank ya.

It's good: an enjoyable conclusion of Ezio's (and Altaïr's) stories. It feels a bit like an afterthought sometimes, but less so than Brotherhood. The story actually means something here. As for the gameplay, the hookblade makes traversal even quicker, and it's pretty badass. The tower defense minigame isn't all that fun, but if you play wisely you won't have to do it more than once.

Basically, if you can get your hands on it for a reasonable price, I don't see why not.

Pandemic

It's good: an enjoyable conclusion of Ezio's (and Altaïr's) stories. It feels a bit like an afterthought sometimes, but less so than Brotherhood. The story actually means something here. As for the gameplay, the hookblade makes traversal even quicker, and it's pretty badass. The tower defense minigame isn't all that fun, but if you play wisely you won't have to do it more than once.

Basically, if you can get your hands on it for a reasonable price, I don't see why not.

Hmmm alrighty, sounds sweet, thanks mate!

Something weird happened to me today. I bought the standard edition at best buy. But it seems that today I unlocked the collector's edition content. The extra characters are available to me in Multiplayer, and I just got Vlad's Sword. Did they unlock this for everyone or something?

Roto13

Something weird happened to me today. I bought the standard edition at best buy. But it seems that today I unlocked the collector's edition content. The extra characters are available to me in Multiplayer, and I just got Vlad's Sword. Did they unlock this for everyone or something?

Huh, weird. They might have since there was a problem with the Special Edition DLC cards in that a lot of games shipped with them missing.

Honestly, they should have done this months ago.

Pandemic

I've tried looking at multiplayer gameplay, but I don't get what's happening in it.. How many players does multiplayer support, and is it any good?

iNvid02

I've tried looking at multiplayer gameplay, but I don't get what's happening in it.. How many players does multiplayer support, and is it any good?

i cant remember, there are various game modes but the underlying theme is hide and seek.

e.g in manhunt which is probably the best game mode, team 1 gets to hunt and kill while team 2 tries to blend in and hide with crowds or escape.

team 1 scores points by the quality of their kills, so acrobatic kills or silent kills where the victim doesn't see you running towards them score the most. team 2 scores by blending and stunning the opposition and successfully escaping.

it can be really fun, had a blast with it in brotherhood but didnt play as much in revelations - just give it a try, you might like it

the mp post in the op gives a general overview - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32488044&postcount=4

hlhbk

So I just finished playing through the single player. Man this game is so underrated its not even funny. ACII is still by far the best AC game to date, but Revelations comes damn close. While I am a huge fan of the series Brotherhood felt like a chore to complete, but Revelations really picks up after starting slow and man the story is amazing!

I was hyped for ACIII before, but now its a day 1 preoder the Freedom edition when it goes on sale in the USA!

0OoO0

Guys, how do I get access to the tower defence mini game? I am about 2/3 into the game and have yet to encounter one ever since the tutorial.

Amory

Man, I know I'm about 7 or 8 months late, but that OP is awesome and it's the only reason I have any clue what's going on in this series, despite playing all 4 games.

I feel like I follow the story pretty closely, but it's all so cryptic and even the most basic elements of the plot have to be "unlocked".

Got back into this game recently, nice to see people still play MP - I stand by the AC multiplayer as one of the best experiences this gen and perhaps the best stealth game ever.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Got back into this game recently, nice to see people still play MP - I stand by the AC multiplayer as one of the best experiences this gen and perhaps the best stealth game ever.

I dunno. No one is playing the DLC and I need those trophies but what good is it if only the same 8 people I'm running into are playing Deathmatch and no Manhunt or Assassination. :|

I play mostly deathwatch and wanted, so I guess my perspective is shaped by my preferences. I NEVER see the DLC maps though, fair point.

For as much as I love AC, Ubisoft is really horrible at supporting the MP experience. I hope they pull it together for AC3.

Why do i have to pay 60000f to continue with sophia's mission? Thats how much the shop cost. But i have nowhere near that amout.

EDIT- Nevermind. It's on top of the building. Duh!

So I just finished Revelations (360 version) and I decided to download The Lost Archive. After the download finished I thought I'd go grab a few more achievements in the main game first but when I try and load my save all I get is this ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWjtxt_CiZ0 ). In the months since this has been out has anyone found a work around for this or am I just screwed? :(

I tried this fix (posted on the ubi forums):

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16512

this one from a youtube poster:

try this as it worked for another commenter. What you should do is back up the game save on a usb by copying it onto another. Then delete game save 1A off the HDD and try from that. If not have a rant at Ubisoft as they've been useless!

If this works, please voice your anger towards Ubisoft support and ask them to give me a job.

Nothing worked same white screen. So word of caution don't buy The Lost Archive DLC I guess. From some google searches this game breaking bug seems to be effecting ps3, 360, and pc as well.

TheSeks

You can do it in a private match.

I got all of them besides the stupid wanted one that requires FOUR players to do privately. :|

So now I have to bang my head against the same players playing Artifact Assault (which I HATE) or find two other players willing to sit in a Wanted match in blend mode for the trophy for three minutes. :/

iNvid02

Is there not an AC3 thread? Seems like nobody ever talks about it (blogs, forums ect.) and it's all I want to talk about. Haha

there tends to be a new thread created for new info like the pc delay rumor, boston demo, unboxing etc

they dont stay very active, so an official info thread would probably die out fast and people would still do the above

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I got burned out really quickly when I got this back in November, but I picked it up and beat it in a few days. I actually think I like it more than Brotherhood overall, but I find that the weakest in general(I guess I'm weird, lol).

Steal the Artifact is a damn fun MP mode.

TheSeks

Steal the Artifact is a damn fun MP mode.

It's a neat idea in theory, but I hate the players that sit near the border to stun/kill people that come through/go through it respectively and don't focus on the flag.

Hey all.

What's the reward for getting a full synch in every mission?

These kinds of games I kind of like to just enjoy the story, not so much do skill based challenges and whatnot.

If it's something I can just look up on Youtube or whatever, I'll skip it.

Thanks.

iNvid02

Hey all.

What's the reward for getting a full synch in every mission?

These kinds of games I kind of like to just enjoy the story, not so much do skill based challenges and whatnot.

If it's something I can just look up on Youtube or whatever, I'll skip it.

Thanks.

each sequence you 100% sync gets you a cheat which you can enable
i think 100% sync on the last sequence gets you a secret costume

these rewards are only worth it if you plan on replaying for fun with cheats, or like to complete everything fully.

just enjoy the story imo

Massa

The sync percentage only serves to spoil you on the mission you're about to do or force you to play a mission in a specific way, it's an awful element they introduced in Brotherhood.

Thanks guys, just gonna run with the story then.

Also, when does that first Assassin come back from his Master Assassin mission? He's been gone for HOURS now and it doesn't say when he'll be back.

So I just beat the game. Amazing ending, as I've come to expect from Assassin's Creed games.

It was kind of cool that the ending
teased the location of Assassin's Creed three, zooming in on the Northeast United States as the location of the mega-vault that houses all the useful information that will save the world.

iNvid02

So I just beat the game. Amazing ending, as I've come to expect from Assassin's Creed games.

It was kind of cool that the ending
teased the location of Assassin's Creed three, zooming in on the Northeast United States as the location of the mega-vault that houses all the useful information that will save the world.

well AC3 has been in development for years, they already knew where they were heading

still, subtle hints like that are always cool in games

Top Bottom