• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate |OT| Once more unto the glitch

Zero-ELEC

Banned
So, GAF, how broken is it this time?

Should I wait a year again until they fix it?

It's surprisingly not broken at all. I mean it has its glitches like old AC games (cutcene glitches are always great) but nothing at the level of Unity.

She has been through a hell of a lot, as you learnt in Initiates ;)

Man, I seriously miss Initiates, that was super entertaining; any chance we might see something similar again in the future?

PowderedToast

this game is a bit odd. it pretends to be about class but doesn't really have the conviction to follow through on that. if anything I would say AC is getting a classist reputation after this and unity. both have featured privileged privately educated protagonists deciding to help the poor and kill the 'corrupt rich'. is it so hard to feature a working class protagonist who might actually understand the struggle? the reception to AC3 must've really burned ubi.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
this game is a bit odd. it pretends to be about class but doesn't really have the conviction to follow through on that. if anything I would say AC is getting a classist reputation after this and unity. both have featured privileged privately educated protagonists deciding to help the poor and kill the 'corrupt rich'. is it so hard to feature a working class protagonist who might actually understand the struggle? the reception to AC3 must've really burned ubi.
This could've been the plot because
Jacob makes things worse everytime he kills a templar target.

I wish you were able to use the rope launcher in combat. I miss the rope dart.
The possibilities. The original idea for the rope dart was a bit similar to the rope launcher, it wasn't for movement but was for combat.
uKVQOtV.gif

xrnzaaas

Syndicate is my first Assassin's Creed since AC III and the limited free running (only up or down) is pissing me off. Stuff like jumping between buildings is a lottery now... will the character do it or will he or she do something stupid (like start climbing down?). Same goes with the rope launcher... it often attaches itself to a different ledge than the one I was interested in. It's a shame really, because I like the setting and that there's more opportunities (and incentive) for playing stealthy.

This could've been the plot because
Jacob makes things worse everytime he kills a templar target.

The possibilities. The original idea for the rope dart was a bit similar to the rope launcher, it wasn't for movement but was for combat.
http://i.imgur.com/uKVQOtV.gif

I realize that.

Syndicate is my first Assassin's Creed since AC III and the limited free running (only up or down) is pissing me off. Stuff like jumping between buildings is a lottery now... will the character do it or will he or she do something stupid (like start climbing down?). Same goes with the rope launcher... it often attaches itself to a different ledge than the one I was interested in. It's a shame really, because I like the setting and that there's more opportunities (and incentive) for playing stealthy.

I have the same problem with the free-running. I miss the option to input a jump while running. I also wish there was a medium speed jog when pulling the trigger halfway in like in previous games. They changed it to only two speeds in Unity, walk or full sprint.

Crossing Eden

I realize that.

I have the same problem with the free-running. I miss the option to input a jump while running. I also wish there was a medium speed jog when pulling the trigger halfway in like in previous games. They changed it to only two speeds in Unity, walk or full sprint.
I feel the same. Actually, even the horse carriage speed is dependent on how you hold the trigger.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kidnapping missions are the new sailing missions. Especially a particular one where you can't knock them out. If you want me to kidnap someone and keep them alive, don't make it so fucking easy for me to kill them while trying to fight other guys. You'll block me from jumping off something that will kill me but you'll gladly let me run my sword through an important target while fighting 4 other guys without batting an eye

I've had an hilarious glitch where nobody showed up in a cutscene and items were floating around in invisible ghost hands (For what I saw, Evie must have gotten stuck on a door for, and then Jacob, followed by Henry, couldn't get past her), but that's been about it in my experience. I think there is a optional side-mission that is glitched on both consoles, but haven't I reached it yet.

That concept art is delicious. I love Jacob's outfit there, and Evie in a top-hat? Goddamnit, we could have had it all.

I had this exact same thing happen. It was the scene on
the train after you get the rope launcher, pretty near the beginning
. Apart from that, it has been glitch free.

Mideon

On Sequence 8 now and it's getting a bit long in the tooth now. Conquered the whole map a while ago and the main missions seem a bit weak compared to the interesting side missions with the historical figures.

Oh well I'm sure I will be done with the game soon. Overall it has been pretty enjoyable.

RedAssedApe

Banned
On Sequence 8 now and it's getting a bit long in the tooth now. Conquered the whole map a while ago and the main missions seem a bit weak compared to the interesting side missions with the historical figures.

Oh well I'm sure I will be done with the game soon. Overall it has been pretty enjoyable.

sequence 8 was probably my least favorite. made no sense why you were working with that guy instead of just murdering him outright lol. jacob gonna jacob though...

That guy was cool though. Reminded me of a Victorian London Joker.

He was a good character but that whole sequence felt totally out of place, there were a couple of missions to not kill the bad guys as you were doing them which made no sense in the context of the game
templars
specifically.

I had this exact same thing happen. It was the scene on
the train after you get the rope launcher, pretty near the beginning
. Apart from that, it has been glitch free.

Yes, exactly that! I had no idea what had happened, until the camera shifted to Jacob and Evie stuck on the door. The elegance of a true assassin!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Just finished it, I felt like the stealth sections got a little excessive towards the end and the game's stealth system couldn't handle it, though I could have just been losing patience with the poor controls. Overall I'd say it's a big improvement over AC:U, though it hasn't gotten the series out of it's rut. On the plus side at least they
reintroduced a minimal future plot back into it and advanced Juno's story a little bit. Did anybody else think that it was Desmond they were cloning at first?

I had about 3 major glitches during my playthrough, all of which were really irritating as a scripted mission event didn't activate and I had to restart the mission, I got stuck in the train a couple of times as well.

Gaf I'm kinda confused. So I just met with Henry Green and
Evie and Jacob meet him at a train station and he says he is proud of us and has something to give us but then the cutscene ends. Did he actually give me something I can use ingame?

Crossing Eden

Gaf I'm kinda confused. So I just met with Henry Green and
Evie and Jacob meet him at a train station and he says he is proud of us and has something to give us but then the cutscene ends. Did he actually give me something I can use ingame?
The weapon you got from him already. You immediately receive them everytime you get full loyalty but they left in those cutscenes as confirmation that the questline is over.

Ralemont

not me
In my continued lurking of this thread as I wait to buy the game, I think it's good to point out that any discussion about microtransactions has been - from what I've seen - virtually absent. Considering that thread chock full of people pre-release promising that MTs would affect game balance and that no one should trust Ubisoft, this is a pleasant development.

thumb

Banned
In my continued lurking of this thread as I wait to buy the game, I think it's good to point out that any discussion about microtransactions has been - from what I've seen - virtually absent. Considering that thread chock full of people pre-release promising that MTs would affect game balance and that no one should trust Ubisoft, this is a pleasant development.

I was quite worried about this myself, but advancement in the game felt fair. I never felt like things were being dragged out to try to wring cash out of me, nor did I hit any difficulty walls that demanded immediate upgrades.

With that said, I still think the presence of these microtransactions is bad. The potential is always there for designers to be pressured into tweaking systems to frustrate players into paying their way out of it. Ubisoft does not spend engineering time on microtransactions with no expected return.

Do you get more loyalty with your associate if you complete the optional objectives?

I'm going through redoing some of the associate activities to complete he optional objectives I missed but I really can't tell if the loyalty is going up at all or not.

Edit: Well did about 4 of them to get the optional objectives and loyalty didn't seem to go up at all so I guess it doesn't matter if you do them or not.

Stat!

Just finished Dreadful crimes side missions. Amazing payoff and last mission. The whole set of missions were fun but the last one takes the cake. Loved it.

Do you get more loyalty with your associate if you complete the optional objectives?

I'm going through redoing some of the associate activities to complete he optional objectives I missed but I really can't tell if the loyalty is going up at all or not.

Edit: Well did about 4 of them to get the optional objectives and loyalty didn't seem to go up at all so I guess it doesn't matter if you do them or not.

You are correct. I did all of them and got to level 5 despite not doing all the optionals.

I just want to know how to level up Robert Topping without doing the awful race missions since doing multiple fight clubs won't make it go up once you've done it once

Oh,i see Ubisoft is still releasing tourism simulations.

Great,maybe i'll buy it if I'm gona visit London one day

Drive by shitposting. Awesome...

Just bought an NV code on eBay for 25. Here's hoping the PC version is on point. Can't imagine it would be as bad s unity after that fiasco.

30 days a go I couldn't care less and after seeing GAF impressions and a lot of brotherhood comparisons I am 100% in. Hope the gang stuff is cool. Calling assassins to murder dudes was my favorite gameplay mechanic in the whole AC series.

Drive by shitposting. Awesome...

Just bought an NV code on eBay for 25. Here's hoping the PC version is on point. Can't imagine it would be as bad s unity after that fiasco.

30 days a go I couldn't care less and after seeing GAF impressions and a lot of brotherhood comparisons I am 100% in. Hope the gang stuff is cool. Calling assassins to murder dudes was my favorite gameplay mechanic in the whole AC series.

The gang stuff is fun and does remind me of the old way of calling assassins. They don't fly out of nowhere, but they're useful nonetheless.

The gang stuff is fun and does remind me of the old way of calling assassins. They don't fly out of nowhere, but they're useful nonetheless.

Good enough. That mechanic had been surprisingly absent since brotherhood, especially considering how much that game is beloved. Ubi Kiev don't let me down!

Roussow

Jacob exclaims, "A letter, for me?" every time I enter the train-base -- what's this referring to? how can I view said letter?

Also, I downloaded that free Steampunk Evie outfit, why was that 1GB? Not that I really mind, but that seems absurdly large for a costume.

Jacob exclaims, "A letter, for me?" every time I enter the train-base -- what's this referring to? how can I view said letter?

I believe it's referring to sequence 8 which you unlock when you take over 3 boroughs. You can access it from the board in the train hideout though I haven't done it myself.

Roussow

Wow. Evie's assassination mission in sequence 6 might be the best in the franchise (so far). That was a brilliant execution of this assassination mission template, with the right amount of freedom and enjoyable optional objectives -- I performed the scripted assassination, as I have will all the previous assassinations, they're all really good so far -- even better is the fact that it's all optional, you could undertake that mission in any capacity if you so desired.

Very excited to see that the next mission is a Jacob assassination mission :D

TwiztidElf

I was thinking of starting another topic, but screw it, I'll just post it here.
AC:S vs Witcher3? FIGHT!

Because as much as I enjoyed W3, I'm liking this a whole lot more.
With W3, there was waaay too much boring chat and dialogue decisions, combined with far more clunky/janky combat and movement.
This is a lot smoother. Combat is a lot more fun. Traversal is smoother.
What I really like about AC:S is the brevity. Blah, blah, blah - GO! The story is told super quick/short, with long sequences of fun gameplay. It's almost gone too far that way. I'm enjoying Evies story, and there's not enough of it.

I was thinking of starting another topic, but screw it, I'll just post it here.
AC:S vs Witcher3? FIGHT!

Because as much as I enjoyed W3, I'm liking this a whole lot more.
With W3, there was waaay too much boring chat and dialogue decisions, combined with far more clunky/janky combat and movement.
This is a lot smoother. Combat is a lot more fun. Traversal is smoother.
What I really like about AC:S is the brevity. Blah, blah, blah - GO! The story is told super quick/short, with long sequences of fun gameplay. It's almost gone too far that way. I'm enjoying Evies story, and there's not enough of it.

I'm not sure I can compare them as they're 2 totally different styles of games for me, I enjoyed both but The Witcher is a massive sprawling rpg and Assassins Creed is more of an action linear based blast through.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So last night I had a pretty funny glitch (maybe it was supposed to happen this way, but I doubt it). I was playing the Sequence 6 assassination mission
(Lucy Thorne, at the tower of London)
and one of the optional objectives was to free the constable so that I could recruit the guards.

So I freed the constable and immediately he went outside to "rally his men". Before I could even leave the building, they all took off running. I turned on Eagle Vision and watched them all head straight into the building with the target and
kill her
, prompting the cut scene. In a way I'm kind of sad that I didn't get the chance to do this myself, but in another way I thought it was kinda great because I'm pretty sure they weren't supposed to do that.

thumb

Banned
So last night I had a pretty funny glitch (maybe it was supposed to happen this way, but I doubt it). I was playing the Sequence 6 assassination mission
(Lucy Thorne, at the tower of London)
and one of the optional objectives was to free the constable so that I could recruit the guards.

So I freed the constable and immediately he went outside to "rally his men". Before I could even leave the building, they all took off running. I turned on Eagle Vision and watched them all head straight into the building with the target and
kill her
, prompting the cut scene. In a way I'm kind of sad that I didn't get the chance to do this myself, but in another way I thought it was kinda great because I'm pretty sure they weren't supposed to do that.

I do have a memory of them rushing in in my playthrough, though perhaps not as immediately. Was utter chaos and a lot of fun.

Ralemont

not me
That's what the Jack the Ripper DLC is, unless you want more.

Yeah but with the Season pass they are presumably doing more story DLC after, right?

Just seems like they could easily sell it with "In the base game we ended up focusing on Jacob towards the end, so for the DLC we're letting Evie take the spotlight" for some good PR.

Not sure what happened but the game stopped recognizing my DLC. Had to reinstall all of it and lost my progress on Darwin/Dickens Conspiracy and RunawayTrain :/.

ymgve

Is there some memory leak or something going on? I'm playing on PS4 and it feels like framerate steadily declines the more I play in a single session.

Top Bottom