• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

I was thinking of picking this up when I go to grab Halo tonight, but I think I'm going to hold off until I see some reviews. I'm not really a big fan of the series anyway, but Black Flag was pretty fun.

How are the side missions? (for those that have the game early)

Concerning how the game runs, if you didn't have an issue with dips and drops in AC 1,2,3, Brotherhood, Rev, or black flag on ps3/Xbox 360. You should be fine playing this.

Toa TAK

Banned
Really? Cool. I liked AC 4 (but honestly it wasn't an AC game) and hated AC3 because of the main character, bad map design (european architecture ftw), bad story and ...eh...I don't know....the game was just disappointing overall.

How are the side missions?

Connor is one of the best main characters this series has had.

TheMan

i'm watching a stream on live from playstation, and while I'm not really noticing a lot of slowdown or performance issues, what I do notice is that the gameplay is pretty much exactly the same old shit. I was burned out on the formula after 4 games on the 360, and this looks it will it won't do much to change that feeling.

Feast your eyes on the PC version, ladies and gents
15759010971_aaabac4ec2_o_d.png

15575714097_c0e7e75a38_o_d.png

15762446942_ed5c398153_o_d.png

15762447712_f5c4c14719_o_d.png

15140845924_a97f6a2132_o_d.png

15760819865_bd670159d5_o_d.png

15575646107_3c602b906c_o_d.png

15574968439_514217d84e_o_d.png

15762379222_f07759c183_o_d.png

15575649697_a1aab197de_o_d.png

15576016330_bbff3ec531_o_d.png

15576017110_5bf8f54611_o_d.png

15140854764_4ae40ab095_o_d.png

15575653697_d766cb0387_o_d.png
Friend has the game on PC. Says it's running about 30fps.

Edit: ^ those pictures are melting my work computer

Although a lot about this game has me pissy, I'm still super excited. Poor Mordor and Bayonetta will be on the backburner for awhile and lord only knows when I'll be back to Destiny or CoD.

Incidentally, if any PS4 players are looking forward to co-op, I'll be on there a bunch so add me. CartmanPat

kubus

For those playing the PS4 version:

If you're experiencing heavy frame drops, try disconnecting your PS4 from the internet. I have no solid evidence to prove this, but I just tried this and after unplugging the internet cable I had the feeling the game was pretty much stable at 30 fps. Going to bed now but tomorrow I'd like to try replaying some levels/areas where I know the framerate will always drop to sub 20s, to see if this really works.

(Naturally you won't be able to co-op then)

Give it a try if you really can't stand the framedrops.

ta155

One game more.

Another year and here’s Assassin’s Creed. Is this the one that gamers really need?

There’s GTA and Far Cry 4, do we really need much more?

One game more.

Built from the ground up for next geeeeeeeeennnnn! How could I live with more cross gen poooooorrrrrrrts?

One game more.

A shame it runs at 20 fraaaaaaaaaaaames! And yet it’s not even ten eiiiiggghhhtyyyyyy!

One game more…

Gaz_RB

One game more.

Another year and here’s Assassin’s Creed. Is this the one that gamers really need?

One game more.

Built from the ground up for next geeeeeeeeennnnn! How could I live with more cross gen poooooorrrrrrrts?

One game more.

A shame it runs at 20 fraaaaaaaaaaaames! And yet it’s not even ten eiiiiggghhhtyyyyyy!

One game more…

FIozh1c.gif

30+ minutes of the entire map being explored.

There's ambient music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you watch the whole thing it pretty much plays for the majority of the time. Makes me wonder if it's different music for different sequences, and some sequences just have none at all since he covered the whole map and it was the same piece of music playing throughout the entirety of the video. Would make sense since some streams we saw that leaked had no music at all.

Could be similar to Revelations which had the same creative director. Hopefully there's music post main story this time though, or at least a work around like with revelations.

Phamit

Something is off with the graphics, idk there something I just don't like.

Sometimes it looks like the character modells don't fit with artstyle of the environment

and sometimes it looks like the quality of the textures are all over the place

Certinty

So I just bought an American Xbox One code for this and am in the UK, how can I make it unlock tomorrow instead of Friday?

If you watch the whole thing it pretty much plays for the majority of the time. Makes me wonder if it's different music for different sequences, and some sequences just have none at all since he covered the whole map and it was the same piece of music playing throughout the entirety of the video. Would make sense since some streams we saw that leaked had no music at all.

Could be similar to Revelations which had the same creative director. Hopefully there's music post main story this time though, or at least a work around like with revelations.

The graphics are impressive. Maybe it's just the lighting but Iike what I'm seeing.

SRTtoZ

Something is off with the graphics, idk there something I just don't like.

Sometimes it looks like the character modells don't fit with artstyle of the environment

and sometimes it looks like the quality of the textures are all over the place

I think it has a semi cartoony look but it doesnt really bother me.

hydruxo

The synchronize at 8:00 was impressive. Paris looks great.

cackhyena

Is that the XB1 version? That looks good to me.

MayMay

Banned
After playing around 3-4 hours I'm now at the point of the Gamescom Demo
where you have to kill Sivert

Man, am I impressed with this game so far. After AC3 and AC4 this.. finally feels like an Assassins Creed game again. I'm so happy, gives me memories of ACB.

Shame the online stuff didnt work yet on PC, would've liked to try out some Coop.

Loakum

Banned
If you're getting Assassin's Creed Unity for the PS4, and needs the assistance of a Master Assassin (for multi player co-op).....PSN id: loakum

sKVRD8Sl.jpg

Phionoxx

Any PC bros receive their key from GMG yet? Want to jump in tonight if possible but dont want to get stuck waiting on GMG to send out the keys.

ZeroX03

Banned
Man, am I impressed with this game so far. After AC3 and AC4 this.. finally feels like an Assassins Creed game again. I'm so happy, gives me memories of ACB.

That's bad news for me, I fucking hated Brotherhood and liked 3 and 4. But I never really had high hopes for Unity. Seven hours til unlock so I'll know soon enough.

Save us new gen Rogue port.

Vire

One game more.

One game more.

One game more.

One game more…

iunderstoodthatreference.gif

wolfgare

Decided to test my luck and went to best buy an hour ago to see if I could pick up the game. Had an email saying it was "ready and waiting" and my best buy wasn't doing a midnight release so I tried instead of waiting for tomorrow at 10. Came out with the game with no issues other than the lady not hearing my last name right. I'm on the east coast too so it was 7ish. Definitely ymmv, though. Really excited for this AC for some reason after not enjoying 3 and black flags so much.

Rurunaki

Will dive into this after I'm done with Sunset Overdrive. Bestbuy gamer's unlocked + $10 preorder cert will help soften the blow.

Ibuki

Banned
Going to the 10 o clock launch to get this and MCC. I plan to play this tonight and MCC after work tomorrow. I'm pretty hyped guys!

RedAssedApe

Banned
Decided to test my luck and went to best buy an hour ago to see if I could pick up the game. Had an email saying it was "ready and waiting" and my best buy wasn't doing a midnight release so I tried instead of waiting for tomorrow at 10. Came out with the game with no issues other than the lady not hearing my last name right. I'm on the east coast too so it was 7ish. Definitely ymmv, though. Really excited for this AC for some reason after not enjoying 3 and black flags so much.

think i'll try this on my way home from work. thanks for the heads up. gotta have the game to play tonight cuz of veterans day! heh

fernoca

Ok, Amazon didn't explain that about Chemical Revolution, just said it was a pre order bonus on the prioduct page and I get them with my pre order code. But if its in the package thats not really a pre order bonus. Also Amazon only ever sent me a order confirmation email. Nothing else in my spam or anywhere from Ubi or Amazon

After about 5 hours, I asked Amazon support where my pre orde code was. They then replied the next day with a PSN code saying it would unlock the Axe and Mission. I then emailed back saying ok that code should work for PSN, but it doesnt match what Uplay wants for a code for the spin to win. They replied again saying, thats all the info they have and I would need to contact Ubi about that pre order code. Seems others have had this issue, as well as codes not being sent out after you order. Seems Amazon also may be changing policy about only sending pre order codes out when the game is ready to ship.
Is not the first time that a preorder bonus is more of a first shipment kind of deal. Others like Gamestop mentioned it on their site:
About the Chemical Revolution Mission: A genius chemist, a secret formula, and a plot for revenge.
*While Supplies Last
Online Customers: Item will be packed with your game.
Store Customers: Item will be packed with your game.
The code is inside. The game's labeled "limited edition" because of that.

The Spin to Win code was instantly sent to the email. I preordered the collector's edition on Amazon months ago (they later cancelled it by some mistake) and was given the code right there. Managed to get a weapon for the game.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
speaking of DF, it'd be great if they could put up a performance analysis as soon as the embargo lifts tomorrow. still unsure about which version to get.

probably PS4

Top Bottom