• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot has currently has Metacritic user score of 95

This is unprecedented as far as I'm aware. Most user scores top out around 92 to 93.

It's got 1700 reviews so far

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Chase Run Away GIF by PlayStation

Bond007

Its a great game thats for sure.
I think we all needed this back to the roots sort of videogame. It shows in the response and appeal.

Last edited:

This is unprecedented as far as I'm aware. Most user scores top out around 92 to 93.

It's 1700 reviews so far
So what you saying?

Raven117

Gawd i hope this a watershed moment….

Games don’t have to all be big open world collect-o-thons with “deep narratives” (which typically never are), then Can be polished fun experiences made with smaller teams.

Zacfoldor

From a longtime Nintendo fan, this game is like getting a new, reimagined 3D Mario. It is literally the best gameplay, imagination, exploration, put out by a Sony studio, including GoW 2018 and The Last of Us 1. The quality of the gameplay is better.

Tis legend. Buy it and add your own 10 to the userscore on metacritc. This is why I game!

Last edited:

DJ12

It's 1700 reviews so far
Xbox fan review bombing no longer required now MS have given up

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
I mean, game is a masterclass from start to finish. A genuine love letter to videogames as well as a celebration of PS, but just VG in general, history.

Deserves the love.

Last edited:

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
The game has also been benefited by the Concord/DEI fiasco, you can read reviews mentioning that. It's not just a good game, it's a good game released at the right time.

ItJustWorks

Neo Member
From a longtime Nintendo fan, this game is like getting a new, reimagined 3D Mario. It is literally the best gameplay, imagination, exploration, put out by a Sony studio, including GoW 2018 and The Last of Us 1. The quality of the gameplay is better.

Tis legend. Buy it and add your own 10 to the userscore on metacritc. This is why I game!
I wouldn't use Gow 2018 and the last of us as examples as if those were sony's best games lol

Hell uc2 and God of war 2 (ps2) are better examples lol

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Realistically only Zelda has a shot at beating it for GOTY this year. It has its work cut out in order to do that.

Top Bottom