• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asus might have bad RMA but the product they sell is top tier…

OverHeat

« generous god »
Seriously just got a PG32UCDM and it ooze quality from packaging to the monitor it’s self, decided to get an extended warranty from Best Buy just in case. But damn from the mobo to the router I owned Asus as always delivered for me.

//DEVIL//

Yeah no. They are the worst GPU and motherboards when it comes to quality.
When your fucking motherboard makes a coil whine and add to that the coil whine from the strix 4090, you no longer enjoy the game because all you fucking hear is BUZZZZZZ

Even the shitty gigabyte don’t have coil whine in their boards and their gigabyte cards or aeros .

Rip EVGA . You will be really missed

Right now I am using the project zero motherboard and no stupid noise from that board with an an FE 4090 ( no coil whine there too somehow )

But no fuck asus. Overpriced garbage

Last edited:

OverHeat

« generous god »
Yeah no. They have the worst GPU and motherboards when it comes to quality.
When your fucking motherboard makes a cool whine and add to that the coil whine from the strix 4090, you no longer enjoy the game because all you fucking hear is BUZZZZZZ

Even the shitty gigabyte don’t have coil whine in their board and their gigabyte cards or aeros .

Right now I am rocking the project zero motherboard and no stupid noise from that board with an an FE 4090 ( lucky no coil whine there too somehow )

No problem at all with my last 2 mobo both Asus, I don’t have a Asus video card so I can’t comment but I guess your mileage can varies

OverHeat

« generous god »
Only routers I use in my homes as well and love them, great coverage
I’m looking to upgrade to this bad boy.
3OEP3jX.png

OverHeat

« generous god »
That thing looks like a beast

Something I love about their routers is how easy it is to use their AIMesh just for better coverage instead of just tossing the older router out

Their Rapture line is what I use as well.
I have the GT-AXE16000 at the moment and it’s rock stable.

RickMasters

I have ASUS prime MOBOS and a tonne of other ASU’s parts in my two main builds. My only problem has been with my ROG Thor 850W. I think it developed a short ( which was probably my fault anyway) so I bought the MK2 version to replace it. It’s a bit of a mission to send it back but it has a ten year warranty so I will at some point and keep it as a back up.

I got ASUS ROG keyboard and mouses for both builds. Build quality and reliability has been great after four years. Their lighting app gets on my damn nerves as it don’t install some of the updates, and it don’t light up my Corsair fans properly. I’m changing them out for some new ones soon so I’ll just leave the fan lighting seperate on Corsairs own app and leave the ASUS app to control all the ASUS parts and the cooler master cases.

Aside from those little things, I’m happy with their gear. Hope you get through smoothly with your RMA issue as I soon want to send off this MK1 Thor PSU.

poodaddy

I’m looking to upgrade to this bad boy.
3OEP3jX.png
I'm gonna need you to report back if you get that, I was toying around with using it to extend my wifi network out to the garage and loft, let me know if it's really worth it.

As for me, I feel for the people who have bad experiences with Asus....but I am not one of those people. Every product I've ever bought from them has been top tier, though I've only bought motherboards and routers admittedly and I've never had to RMA anything. EVGA, I've had to RMA three cards in three purchases, so the people acting like they were a beacon of quality confuse me. Their RMA process was top notch, probably because you're almost assuredly going to use it.

Gigabyte is the best of all worlds in my opinion; great performance and quality with great warranties and good value. Just my opinion.

Mr Hyde

Asus is hit and miss for me. I have a ZenBook 13 OLED that I'm very happy with. Lightweight and snappy and the screen is beautiful. Happy with the ROG Ally aswell. Never had any issues with it. SD card working properly (knock wood).

But I bought their Egpu, the XG Mobile which was a piece of shit that barely worked. I don't think Asus even tested it before sending it out to the market. I payed top dollars for that and Asus refused to let me refund it, despite knowing it was garbage hardware. Worst gaming related purchase I've ever done. So yeah, not exactly oozing with quality. The more I think of it the more I feel Asus can just fuck off and die. Scammers.

hinch7

They're a bit of a hit and miss of late with their AM5 boards and ROG Ally otherwise decent manufacturer with solid products. Though quite often a little overpriced for the ROG branding.

I've mainly stuck with them for my motherboards as my goto and currently using their X570. And no issues.

Last edited:

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
An Asus motherboard overclocked my Intel Pentium 200 MMX up to 250mhz back in 1997. It was like nothing seen before. I was exclusively Asus until I retired from PC gaming in 2005. My last PC was a P4 3.2Ghz on an Asus board with an ATI 9800 XT.

kikii

Gold Member
When your fucking motherboard makes a coil whine and add to that the coil whine from the strix 4090, you no longer enjoy the game because all you fucking hear is BUZZZZZZ
maybe put that crackpipe to trashcan for lil bit ^^

Celcius

°Temp. member
I've used tons of Asus products over the years and they've been great for me.
Using an Asus mb right now.
Even my old p68 asus mobo is still alive and doing daily duty with no issues.

Last edited:

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
I used Asus in my first build as well. Had no problem with theirs stuff, except for their price. Funnyly enough, the one GPU I had that died on me was from EVGA.

demigod

Even the shitty gigabyte don’t have coil whine in their boards and their gigabyte cards or aeros .

Right now I am using the project zero motherboard and no stupid noise from that board with an an FE 4090 ( no coil whine there too somehow )

The 670 I bought from them back then crashed on me out of the box running benchmarks. It wasn’t just me that had that issue. Then for the 1080 series asus and msi jacked the price up by $50 so i said F them and went with gigabyte. Been happy with their cards, no issues.

TwinB242

Their monitors are excellent. I used a PG279q for years and couldn't have been happier with it. I replaced it with a Alienware AW3423DW just recently and i've already had an issue with that monitor that I hope won't come back.

simpatico

I've never noticed a single, solitary lick of difference between ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, Galax, XFX, Sapphire and Zotac. So long as you're comparing the same trim levels of course. EVGA was the chosen one and they're gone. We're in the bad timeline now.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I Always go asus motherboards and never had an issue.

Asus motherboards
Corsair pc cases, ram, and power supplies.

I think the big thing isn't brand vs brand but cheap vs not cheap. If you always go cheapest you are bound to have issues. Asus has a great top end line compared to others though the others are catching up.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

The problem with Asus is not their hardware (well, mostly, some of it is shit), but rather the dice you have to roll on their RMA process.

Will they let you RMA the board that f-d up your RAM or CPU because ASUS jacked up power?

How about charging $200 for unneeded fix for your ROG Ally and ignoring actual issue? Well, and actually breaking some stuff on top.

Or the issues people had with some of their TUF laptops and cooling a few years back, and more.

They don’t stand behind their products so spending hundreds or thousands of $ on their shit is no bueno.

Admittedly Gigabyte is also shit. I still remember the literally exploding/burning PSU they were including in the mandatory GPU bundles on Newegg and some of their motherboard issues. And again, completely untrustworthy RMA.

In short, fuck them both. Not that others are much better like ASRock and MSI, but at least with the latter I had a decent RMA process experience couple of times over the years. But they still suck as they were up to some other shenanigans not that long ago.

State of hardware industry now days is frankly pathetic.

Last edited:

Griffon

Over the years I had two Asus mobos and a laptop die on me.

ASUS has been on my nobuy-list for a long time (along with MSI), I've had practically no issue with my computers since then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom