• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist Of Arland |OT| Now With Dual Audio

deanote666

Alt. Steinelder unlocks on 8/1 year 3,. Doesn't look like there are any requirements.

Those optional bosses are evil!!! Almost wipe out my party before my first turn!

Any tips for these bosses? Only have 2 in-game months left...

ohlawd

I have a file dated 6/29 with alt. Steinfeder. unlock dates for alt areas are not set in stone

2 months left? I think you're screwed unless you have an early save file. you need enough time to revamp your weapons, armor and accessories

for 3 of them, gotta use Forbidden Capsules with the multi-action buff. you can try on the 4th boss but they'll counter it. keep a decent God's Miracle Drug around. they're awful when Ayesha's MP runs out and their wait time is long too so they need a timed effect (what's it called... the first required item has it. I forgot already) so she can be handsfree with them.

I don't know how hard they hit on Normal so iunno if you need HP +25

Falk

that puzzling face
Heh, both Ayesha and Totori's Plus playthrough are sitting there neglected on my end.

Not that I don't have time to game, but whenever I pick up JRPGs I don't put them down for hours and the crunch right now means I have work that needs to get done ASAP interspersed with short bursts of free time.

First battle with
Keith
... could have won it fairly easily, but it was taking too long.

Super easy strategy to win: Have Wilbell summon her Elemental who'll auto resurrect anyone who dies, then only use her meditate ability (no pursuit or back attack) to regain mana. I made it to half of his health after about 15 minutes then gave up but since Wilbel essentially has infinite MP and auto-resurrects it's easily doable on the first run.

HL, you don't need the DLC costumes. They're worthless :p
I just don't like the idea of missing out on something permanently, but as this series progresses, they make the DLC more and more limited to obtain and it's quite annoying. If they insist on DLC, it should never be something that's available for a limited time only. Timed exclusive? Sure, whatever. But never again? That's dumb.

And now I've got one day left to decide. Bleh.

ohlawd

I just don't like the idea of missing out on something permanently, but as this series progresses, they make the DLC more and more limited to obtain and it's quite annoying. If they insist on DLC, it should never be something that's available for a limited time only. Timed exclusive? Sure, whatever. But never again? That's dumb.

And now I've got one day left to decide. Bleh.

yeah it's dumb. Meruru Plus is the only game they haven't screwed up on this

Jeez.. Today was disappointing. I finally got around to finishing this on the PS3, and was totally set up for the platinum, but somehow I missed the
Old Oath Dragon
kill trophy. I'm not sure why it didn't register when I killed him, maybe because Linca was there? Either way, that totally drained my triumph, even though I got all of the endings and everything else. Since I assumed it was registered, I didn't keep my save from before my event grind, so I can't really go back without re-playing the whole game. Has anyone else gotten trophy problems in either the PS3 or the Vita versions?

Anyway, Although I didn't really like the game at first, I think it was more because I was trying to do everything efficiently, and not just having fun with the synthesis. Also kind of sucks that messing with properties are effectively locked out until you level up enough. Otherwise though, I really came to love this one. Still, I felt the alchemy was weaker in this title over all. It felt like a lot of the stuff you got to make wasn't really useful. Was that just me?

TRI Mike

Finished the game last night and got
Wilbell's ending
. Great overlooked game on both the PS3 and Vita, thank god for dual audio.

Finished the game last night and got
Wilbell's ending
. Great overlooked game on both the PS3 and Vita, thank god for dual audio.

I played the original PS3 version with the voice volume set to minimum.

Honestly, I know a lot of people hate it, but of the four Atelier games I've played (Rorona, Ayesha, Escha&Logy, Totori Plus), Ayesha was actually my favourite to play by a long shot.

What's the alternate BGM pack like? Anyone got a link to listen to the different tracks? Or are they just ripped from other Atelier games?

Ants

I'm probably way slow but I'm just about to finish
blooming the third flower
on 11/5/2. I just now made some Nomadic Shoes with Like the Wind and boy is that movement speed buff nice.

Is there a way to put +stats on these types of equipment? I haven't been about to use Power Transfer to do so successfully. The ones that Ranun sells have +stats on them so I assume it's possible.

Also, at some point the cost for all those synthesis abilities became permanently cut in half. Is there any indication what would have caused this? The game tells me I unlocked a few new synth skills but I haven't been able to find a place to read up on what they do.

ohlawd

fuck, never again with expensive DLC like that >_>

I'm probably way slow but I'm just about to finish
blooming the third flower
on 11/5/2. I just now made some Nomadic Shoes with Like the Wind and boy is that movement speed buff nice.

Is there a way to put +stats on these types of equipment? I haven't been about to use Power Transfer to do so successfully. The ones that Ranun sells have +stats on them so I assume it's possible.

Also, at some point the cost for all those synthesis abilities became permanently cut in half. Is there any indication what would have caused this? The game tells me I unlocked a few new synth skills but I haven't been able to find a place to read up on what they do.
pick up the pace. nah just kidding take your time

no, adventure equips have no way of directly affecting Ayesha apart from their intended effects like making her run faster or saving gathering time. those traits simply won't pass down.

never heard of that. are you talking about Draw Power and co. and how their cost is cut by half? I think you're mistaken. do you mean when an item has a lvl of 20 and when you start synthesizing, it only takes 10 CP as opposed to 20? that's because of traits that appear like Usage X in the stockyard. check the middle set of properties for items; stuff like Dirt Power, Multiplication, Usage something

the best Usage trait or whatever is Usage Null where CP usage becomes 0 when adding an item. something like that.

Ants

never heard of that. are you talking about Draw Power and co. and how their cost is cut by half?

Yes indeed.

8KjzWiQ.jpg

I'm pretty confident these used to cost 5, 10, and 5.

ohlawd

Presumably if the DLC is up you no longer get it free with the game even though tomorrow would technically be a month since release I assume?

guess so. Ayesha Plus has shown up as a new release on the 9th and without the "With Bonus" to the title. Same date with the DLC.

if you go from Jan 13th (release) and count four weeks from there, it's Feb 10th; pretty much a month if you look at it that way

Uthred

guess so. Ayesha Plus has shown up as a new release on the 9th and without the "With Bonus" to the title. Same date with the DLC.

if you go from Jan 13th (release) and count four weeks from there, it's Feb 10th; pretty much a month if you look at it that way

True, kicking myself for holding off now

Ants

Is there a menu where I can view the effects of those synthesis skills? I looked all over and I just have no idea. When I level up it's like "You got X Skill" but unless there's a pop-up tutorial I just have no clue what the effect is, like in this instance.

ohlawd

Is there a menu where I can view the effects of those synthesis skills? I looked all over and I just have no idea. When I level up it's like "You got X Skill" but unless there's a pop-up tutorial I just have no clue what the effect is, like in this instance.

menu -> status -> Ayesha -> scroll all the way down

cpooi

I just want to say that Ayesha Plus (Eng) just released today (24 feb) on the Asia store, one day after I got a friend who is proficient in Japanese to ask KT (HQ) about it.

Draw whatever conclusions you want about that.

Damn it KT, release the damn English version in Asia.

Asking support for release date ended with a "we don't know it either".

Will of course be platinuming this game as the Arland Plus Trilogy is my favorite series on the Vita..

BUT JESUS FUCKING CHRIST AYESHA IS THE MOST OBNOXIOUS CHARACTER IN THE ENTIRE SERIES.

JESUS.

Will of course be platinuming this game as the Arland Plus Trilogy is my favorite series on the Vita..

BUT JESUS FUCKING CHRIST AYESHA IS THE MOST OBNOXIOUS CHARACTER IN THE ENTIRE SERIES.

JESUS.

How is she in anyway shape or form obnoxious? Nothing about her is as frustrating dense as Rorona or moebloby as Meruru...

Falk

that puzzling face
Gino.

"I need a master so I can become stronger" -> "I need to become stronger so I can beat my strong master"

????????????????????????

TRI Mike

How is she in anyway shape or form obnoxious? Nothing about her is as frustrating dense as Rorona or moebloby as Meruru...

Yeah, Ayesha is actually my favorite main character in the series. She's still moe, clunky and somewhat dumb sometimes but that makes her charming. She's also very powerful.

So, how hard is hard mode for somebody who's played escha+logy and rorona plus? Does hard mode add alot of time to the platinum - I want to enjoy the game first. Does NG+ add any must-play content ?

read the thread. it's only five pages long.

It's 9 , I read the last and first 2 pages and then posted. I'll go back further i guess,thanks.

Top Bottom