• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky |OT| Just Pretend it's Mana-Khemia 3

ohlawd

did the survey on Vita but didn't go through, fuck.

I'll do it again later. Favorite characters wasn't needed but damn, I had to think hard for the 3rd character. I put down Escha and Linca as my 1 and 2. Had to juggle between Nio and Wilbell. Went with Nio tho just for her English VA. >_>

After ticking Rorona's box, the bottom half I left unchecked. Feels bad, man. I asked for New Rorona and Atelier Shari, pretty much it.

ohlawd

The new dungeon's OK. Some mid level items and enemies.

The most interesting part is the last area because you can relic search for Elixir Base after a dowsing rod.

Filled it out.

Also did my part saying we should get an Atelier Musou game.

You run an alchemical assembly line, mash cross to create bombs, mash circle to get them into pallets, and square to deliver them, fail to meet your delivery schedule and the bombs go off and blow up your home town and Lu Bu takes over

Best part about that survey was learning the Tecmo Koei America Twitter account is actually active again. I especially like the tweet where someone asks if it's now run by someone at K-T Europe.

92 hours later, I'm finally done with this game. Saw the true ending, and geez,
for a small girl Escha has a frankly ridiculous amount of cleavage.

I lied, though; I'm not actually done. I have ONE trophy still outstanding--Girls' Association still eludes me, no thanks to Lucille. More baffling are the TWO missing event images, both of them right after the "I'm a Magician" images with Wilbell (there's one for Escha and one for Logy). One is for the Girls' Association ending, I'm sure, but I don't know what the second one is. I suppose it's possible there's another dual-image ending; I didn't actually go through every single ending as Logy, just the ones I didn't already have and the Awin one (since that actually shows the protagonist in the image).

Not sure what to do about that last trophy. It seems ridiculous to give up on the platinum after coming so close, but I don't really want to play this a third time (despite making a bunch of really sweet items for a third playthrough). Maybe I'll just reload an old Escha save and try to power through to the end.

Anyways, bring on Shallie New Rorona Ayesha Plus?

Coxy

thanked them for dual audio and asked them to QA the localization of the next game better :p

Filled it out.

Also did my part saying we should get an Atelier Musou game.

Did both of these myself, would be pretty kickass to play as Linca in a musou game

Best part about that survey was learning the Tecmo Koei America Twitter account is actually active again. I especially like the tweet where someone asks if it's now run by someone at K-T Europe.

the european side has been incredibly active in engaging with the fanbase, whoever is running their social media stuff is doing a really great job, was very surprised and happy to see their stuff getting reblogged around on tumblr

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
92 hours later, I'm finally done with this game. Saw the true ending, and geez,
for a small girl Escha has a frankly ridiculous amount of cleavage.

As far as the game's illustrations go, her
bust
is rather inconsistent. I don't care big or small, I just want them to draw it the same way each time. >>;

the european side has been incredibly active in engaging with the fanbase, whoever is running their social media stuff is doing a really great job, was very surprised and happy to see their stuff getting reblogged around on tumblr

Oh yeah, T-K Europe's been great. It's T-K America that was missing in action for a while. I think around the time of Totori Plus's release, no one had even bothered to update the T-K America Twitter or Facebook. Not just about Totori Plus, but about any of T-K's releases. So if Europe's taken over the Americas side of things, that would actually be a good thing.

Oh yeah, T-K Europe's been great. It's T-K America that was missing in action for a while. I think around the time of Totori Plus's release, no one had even bothered to update the T-K America Twitter or Facebook. Not just about Totori Plus, but about any of T-K's releases. So if Europe's taken over the Americas side of things, that would actually be a good thing.

Well an ongoing joke at that time was that T-K America either doesn't exist and/or they forgot their Twitter account password since their webpage and twitter hasn't been updated in ages. :p

Their last tweet before they revived was like about Monster Rancher.

Okay, 95 hours in and I really am done with this game now:

dqKqqcP.png

Damned if I know why PSN sometimes shows the Japanese name (this is off the official Playstation trophy site). It took three hours to figure out what I had to do to unlock Lucille's ending in my original Escha playthrough. GameFAQ users discovered that it didn't actually matter if you used people in battle or not; the only thing that mattered is how long a party member spends in your frontline/backline/reserve. I had to go all the way back to just after I beat the final boss (ten months back!), put Lucille in my front line, and then sleep for ten months. Managed to get Lucille's ending just nine days before the end of the game (and never saw the post-ending follow-up where
Lucille tells you the vaccine works
). But it was enough to unlock Girls' Association.

ohlawd

good stuff.

if there's a hard dungeon dlc coming up (no way that pauper palace is the only dungeon dlc...), feel free to wait with me :3

Coxy

Just finished the game, super late to finishing it because of zavvi incomptence #5947948

I think the normal ending is right up there with Persona 4 for "everything turned out ok but it still feels sad because their friend is leaving" ;_;

The game really combined some of my favorite RPGs best elements, exploring to the end of the world like Grandia, finding a giant wasteland at the edge like Breath of Fire 3, shame you dont get to go across it. Building your own airship was awesome too, would only have been better if it had a proper world map for you to fly about in it.

I think it might be my favourite Atelier game this gen, maybe Shallie can beat it since Mana Khemia was my favourite on ps2 and that'll be even more like it than Escha and Logy was

ohlawd

omg this new dlc dungeon wtf wtf wtf

items are endgame, same with enemies.
don't need a dowsing rod for endgame traits (got a bunch of Soul traits, Mach Throw...) when getting relics (standard again; medical solution, poly poison, treasure grimoire)
but if you do use one, you get access to Elixir Base but the traits aren't very good.

I think those relics are mostly the same for all floors. Less than 10 floors, relatively short.

the first boss has 999,999 HP but weak defense. Didn't hit me hard.

Now the 2nd boss - it's the tiger human thing you see when you download the DLC from the store.

wtf I'm facing him right now and lol I give up. You guys just have to fight this dude. He heals off all damage I deal him. Maybe he doesn't like auto use items and that's what triggers it idunno. Then sometimes he just uses it when he feels like it. The kicker is that the healing is just a secondary effect; the main effect cycles with no reviving, no healing, damage when moving, and a buncha others. Doesn't seem to work tho as I've revived my members with my Elixir Base after he did "no reviving!"

Caladrius

There's a quest at the beginning of year three that requires the goddess shield and the Titan Hammer. I already have the Titan Hammer but I've seen no sign of the goddess shield and a google search turned up nothing. Does anybody know how to get it? (I'm playing on Logy's side, by the way)

There's a quest at the beginning of year three that requires the goddess shield and the Titan Hammer. I already have the Titan Hammer but I've seen no sign of the goddess shield and a google search turned up nothing. Does anybody know how to get it? (I'm playing on Logy's side, by the way)

Have you checked Katla's shop. I thinkkkkkk it's from a recipe of her's that you can buy.

Just picked up this game. Played a bit of it yesterday, and the first thing I noticed was the frame rate was really bad, or do I need to reinstall it? Seems worse than the other 3-d atelier games. Played for a bit, but I was really tired, and just barely made it to the first save point and quit. (because of lots of dialog).

Gonna dive back in later and hopefully get a taste of the new battle system soon.

Xemu

I hope you enjoyed your little rebellion, irritant. But remember, what SHODAN gives she is more than able to take away.
Finally catching up to this after digging out some of my backlog.

Really enjoying it so far. I love the Assignment system and the changes they've made to crafting.

For those of you who have done the story on both characters - how different is it?

demonkaze

I've been thinking about picking this up however i'm not sure if i'll like it or not. I have Ayesha and played it up to the 2nd year and couldnt get into it because the story felt pretty much barebones, nothing really happened and I couldn't stand Ayesha's voice acting. It wasn't a bad game but just didnt seem like much was going on.

Whats Escha & Logy like compared to it, is there more of a story? Looking at the OP, I like the look of Logy's route.

I've been thinking about picking this up however i'm not sure if i'll like it or not. I have Ayesha and played it up to the 2nd year and couldnt get into it because the story felt pretty much barebones, nothing really happened and I couldn't stand Ayesha's voice acting. It wasn't a bad game but just didnt seem like much was going on.

Whats Escha & Logy like compared to it, is there more of a story? Looking at the OP, I like the look of Logy's route.

Escha & Logy has less story than Ayesha and barely has much plot at all. The writing in it is probably my least favorite of the Atelier games I've played. Compared to Ayesha, it's much more rigidly structured. The game is broken down into assignment periods where you are given a task and a time limit to do it in.

Rarutos

Yeah, unless it's Atelier Iris 1-3 or Mana-Khemia 1 and 2 (and even these don't have much of a linear story per se) you won't get much if you're looking for story in Atelier games. Atelier games are mainly character driven, so unless you love the characters you probably won't enjoy what little story it has. :(

I've always said it's probably better to not expect a typical Japanese RPG when going into an Atelier game~

BluWacky

I bought this because of the EU Japanese games sale on PSN. I have always liked the idea of Atelier games but having played a bit of one of them a while back (Rorona, I think?) I was concerned about the usual Gust perviness and never finished it.

I am very pleasantly surprised by how much more I'm enjoying Escha & Logy, though. I don't know exactly what it is as the gameplay is so very similar, but I seem to be having much more fun. Maybe it's playing it with English voices instead of Japanese (less ear-grating cuteness), playing as Logy (the game unsurprisingly isn't focusing on being cutesy about Escha), or who knows what else, but it's relaxing and fluffy and just all round entertaining at present.

It's attractively presented and pleasantly mindless holiday entertainment, really.

Is Ayesha more like this in tone or does it harken back to the slightly saccharine moeblobness of the other PS2 titles? Perhaps I should give those another go but they were a little grating if I'm honest.

Arthea

Sorry for bringing this thread out of oblivion, but I thought it's the best place to ask.
I'm at the end of the game, I did pretty much everything doable, killed all bosses and all that, but the last right corner spot on the last assignment sheet is still a question mark. I checked, it's supposed to be for having Duke's event and killing dragon, what I did. So, why is it uncleared?
Can it be that I had to kill the same dragon first time around? I used scent to shoo it away, that time.

ohlawd

keep playing

Duke's dragon isn't the monster required to fill in the bottom right. You're on track though so don't worry.

Sorry for bringing this thread out of oblivion, but I thought it's the best place to ask.
I'm at the end of the game, I did pretty much everything doable, killed all bosses and all that, but the last right corner spot on the last assignment sheet is still a question mark. I checked, it's supposed to be for having Duke's event and killing dragon, what I did. So, why is it uncleared?
Can it be that I had to kill the same dragon first time around? I used scent to shoo it away, that time.

I don't think you needed to kill that dragon the first time around but you need to kill it sometime to trigger the other dragon.

I apologize for reviving this thread, but I have a weird issue that I can't seem to solve.

My game has no voice acting or sound effects of any kind. As in, no English or Japanese voices in scenes/battle/anywhere and things such as breaking barrels or sword swings or anything really. I've reinstalled the game data twice and erased settings twice and it still didn't solve it. On the audio settings menu everything is maxed and when I go over Voices and hit square to play a test voice nothing comes out.

It's not killing my enjoyment of the game but it is pretty irritating. I wish I could get it to work.

Top Bottom