• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky |OT| Just Pretend it's Mana-Khemia 3

It's actually not clear to me that the small/large thing is a typo, just a really dumb re-definition from Small/Medium/Large/Xtra Large to... wait for it: Light/Moderate/Severe.

I think the main problem is that it breaks tradition from what the Atelier series had normally translated the ranking for different level of skills in the past and since it literally goes in reverse, it caused some confusion and I guess backlash.

Volcynika

Think the final dungeon is open now. Does it warn you prior to the final boss?

Ruins have fallen and the location has been found.

ohlawd

Think the final dungeon is open now. Does it warn you prior to the final boss?

Ruins have fallen and the location has been found.
uhh I don't understand but I'll try

warning that the ruins fall and you lose access to the previous dungeon? Nope.

Volcynika

uhh I don't understand but I'll try

warning that the ruins fall and you lose access to the previous dungeon? Nope.

Basically a point of no return. Like "HEY IT WOULD BE BEST IF WE'RE PREPPED GUYZZZZ" kinda thing. So I don't just waltz in unaware and go "ohshi-"

Vylash

Basically a point of no return. Like "HEY IT WOULD BE BEST IF WE'RE PREPPED GUYZZZZ" kinda thing. So I don't just waltz in unaware and go "ohshi-"

You walk in and go through a few areas, then a cutscene, then you go to the next area and there's the fight

ohlawd

You walk in and go through a few areas, then a cutscene, then you go to the next area and there's the fight
yup, this. if you can beat our fave birdy, you should have no problem beating the final boss.

breaking all four honeycombs and picking the second option is a different story. try that one. you'll lose one day upon dying but you'll know what true despair feels like :)

Vylash

yup, this. if you can beat our fave birdy, you should have no problem beating the final boss.

breaking all four honeycombs and picking the second option is a different story. try that one. you'll lose one day upon dying but you'll know what true despair feels like :)

What exactly is the story with those honeycombs anyway? I broke them because...I dunno, but I didn't notice anything weird

ohlawd

break all of them to face the final boss at their strongest.

one in 2nd area
two in 3rd area
one in 4th area

choose the 2nd option for the cutscene at the final area. picking the 1st option nets you the standard weaksauce version.

as for "why honeycombs"? iunno. it makes sense given the story focus on nature and revitalizating the land and shit. Bees, man. Important mofos.

ohlawd

Well,
I guess she's called the Bumblebee Princess for a reason!
ahh gawd I'm stupid for missing the obvious.

edit: damn man this thread ;_; I should post this in the Atelier thread where it's more active but I'm banking on you guys just lurking instead.

I wanna clear up the character event frontline stuff because I didn't adequately explain. Guess I got lazy to type anymore than necessary when I made that post.

Having the characters you want events for on the frontline is a fact. You get points fastest when they're on the frontline and slower at the backline. No points accumulated in reserve. Having them battle with them on the frontline is not needed; you don't get extra points or anything for battling. When you're going out, it'd be wise to leave whatever characters you want on the frontline. Then the next time you go out, pick a different pair to raise their points.

This way, you don't have to actively rotate characters around and stress about it. You can do this with synthesizing stuff, too. Synth for X days, rotate, synth for another X days with a different pair, repeat.

It'd be best to leave the other alchemist in reserve and rotate them in only for tough fights.

ahh gawd I'm stupid for missing the obvious.

edit: damn man this thread ;_; I should post this in the Atelier thread where it's more active but I'm banking on you guys just lurking instead.

I wanna clear up the character event frontline stuff because I didn't adequately explain. Guess I got lazy to type anymore than necessary when I made that post.

Having the characters you want events for on the frontline is a fact. You get points fastest when they're on the frontline and slower at the backline. No points accumulated in reserve. Having them battle with them on the frontline is not needed; you don't get extra points or anything for battling. When you're going out, it'd be wise to leave whatever characters you want on the frontline. Then the next time you go out, pick a different pair to raise their points.

This way, you don't have to actively rotate characters around and stress about it. You can do this with synthesizing stuff, too. Synth for X days, rotate, synth for another X days with a different pair, repeat.

It'd be best to leave the other alchemist in reserve and rotate them in only for tough fights.

This actually explains how I was able to get Threia and Reyfer's endings despite not using them very much in battles, and why Lucille's is the one I might not get (because like who wants to use Lucille anyways, right? I put her in reserve really early on).

Though even then, it seems like the conditions for getting people's endings might be even more lax than originally thought. I just finished the game tonight and managed to get a bunch of Lucille scenes near the end, including one on the very last day that I previously thought was locked out because I didn't get it during the assignment it's supposed to appear in. Which makes me think that perhaps none of the events are tied to a specific time, only a (for some reason invisible) loyalty/friendship meter like in previous games.

Durante

Thanks for the information about how the character scenes are triggered, as there is no visible indicator in this one I wouldn't have bothered to rotate characters in/out if I hadn't read about it.

Vylash

This actually explains how I was able to get Threia and Reyfer's endings despite not using them very much in battles, and why Lucille's is the one I might not get (because like who wants to use Lucille anyways, right? I put her in reserve really early on).

Lucille is pretty good for healing early on, I certainly found her more useful than Reyfer, just wish she wasn't so fragile

Volcynika

Tried the hard version of last boss

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Tried the hard version of last boss

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Yeah, it's super hard. I haven't beaten that version yet. >>;

I wonder if anyone can help me with something. I can't find "Aroma Material" which is needed to craft an Elixir Base. :/ Any ideas of where I can find it?

RurouniZel

Dismantle Melty Metal for Aroma Materia. You can find those at Searing Wastes.

Thank you! :D

HkMg62N.gif

Durante

Interesting to read about Arome Materia here, I just randomly got one after disassembling a relic (I'm still on year 2). Seemed like an amazing item so I immediately started 3 copies.

It's a bit exciting how disassembling gives you crap most of the time but can occasionally drop a bomb like this.

Asharakk

I'm trying to finish the Rare Material Change task but I don't quite understand how to activate it, do I need to be in a specific area?

Durante

From my experience so far which search actions come up seems random. Just retry in different areas until it becomes available.

ohlawd

There should be a third page of that task saying something like "more likely to trigger at yadda yadda". Go there and switch areas until it pops up.

edit: welp lol

So I made my canned food and now what?

It's kinda odd the corner tasks didn't get revealed.

Any good place to raise my adventure levels? I got about 3 more to go. Do I fight dragons again or something?

And Alchemy Level as well. I already made everything I could and I'm still three levels short.

I don't see any new place to explore. I just feel even more directionless than I have before.

FleenerW

I don't know much about the Atelier series, but I'm interested in trying it. Is this a good one to start with or should I pick an earlier title? Will I be missing any plot elements from previous games?

So I made my canned food and now what?

It's kinda odd the corner tasks didn't get revealed.

Any good place to raise my adventure levels? I got about 3 more to go. Do I fight dragons again or something?

And Alchemy Level as well. I already made everything I could and I'm still three levels short.

I don't see any new place to explore. I just feel even more directionless than I have before.

If I remember correctly, you'll need to see an event at the tavern to make at least one of the corner tasks appear. The others should be linked to one of the late-game dungeons but I don't remember if a specific event unlocks them or if you have to finish all the other available assignment tasks or what.

As for alchemy levels, unless you haven't been researching increased alchemy XP at all, it's likely you've somehow either missed a book or two or haven't actually crafted everything there is to make. I hit 50 not long after that final set of tasks, and actually waited for some research to raise the max alchemy level only to realize there isn't one.

Volcynika

Ok, made some really good equipment for everyone, now I'm trying to figure out how to make some good adventure items. Anyone know any good recipe chains to make some good stuff? I know I need to improve my Tauzent Blitz before I finish the game (at the end of
November Year 4
) currently.

I don't know much about the Atelier series, but I'm interested in trying it. Is this a good one to start with or should I pick an earlier title? Will I be missing any plot elements from previous games?

You can jump in here if you like. You'll be missing a few connections to the previous game, Ayesha, but they're not at all necessary to enjoy Escha & Logy and the game is standalone. Other obvious start points are Ayesha (start of the Dusk trilogy), Totori (first port available on Vita, good pace to start for the Arland trilogy) or New Atelier Rorona if it ever makes it Stateside (first game in the Arland trilogy). So basically any of the games work.

Rarutos

My friend found out that if you put Evade Danger, Show Illusions, and Light Movement on Armor, and Evade Danger, Show Illusions, and Planetary Soul on Feather Charms and Concealing Hood/Skin(?) that you can basically dodge everything. Though it does lower your damage output compared to other builds. That doesn't matter much though if you basically never get hit anyway.

My friend found out that if you put Evade Danger, Show Illusions, and Light Movement on Armor, and Evade Danger, Show Illusions, and Planetary Soul on Feather Charms and Concealing Hood/Skin(?) that you can basically dodge everything. Though it does lower your damage output compared to other builds. That doesn't matter much though if you basically never get hit anyway.

Please to report back when tried against crazy overpowered version of final boss. Just hearing people talk about it scares me.

ohlawd

no, guys. Figure it out yourselves!

You already know the answer: traits! Jumbo Blessing, Super Properties, All Around Boost. Slap those on your bombs.
Items? Perpetual Motion, Auto Use 50% (I actually haven't tried the 60% variant, might be even better if the no gauge part is true), Slag Wave, Dragon's Blood, Mach Throw, Super Properties, All Around Boost.... just to list some good traits. Be smart tho like countering Auto Use's gauge depletion with Slag Wave, etc.

Someone test this on the final boss. I would love to hear results.

Super Properties
Jumbo Blessing
Cost Bonus

This is the best combo for max damage on bombs. Also, don't use the "compression" wind ability, since that will lower the effectiveness of Jumbo Blessing. If you can make this bomb you can do enough damage to beat the level 99 final boss.

RurouniZel

Someone test this on the final boss. I would love to hear results.

Testing now. Just finished crafting items.

ohlawd

Super Properties and Cost Bonus affect each other?

I just lumped all 33 PP traits together and called it a day hahah.

RurouniZel

Praise be to your friend (for the moment). I'm in the first part of the battle with Level 99 boss. Not a single of her attacks has hit thus far.

Top Bottom