• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky |OT| Just Pretend it's Mana-Khemia 3

Super Properties and Cost Bonus affect each other?

I just lumped all 33 PP traits together and called it a day hahah.

Yup. Both Super Properties and Cost Bonus provide a massive bonus to effect that rises with the PP cost of the traits you put on the item. According to tests I've run having cost bonus is far more effective than having all around boost.

ohlawd

Yup. Both Super Properties and Cost Bonus provide a massive bonus to effect that rises with the PP cost of the traits you put on the item. According to tests I've run having cost bonus is far more effective than having all around boost.
shiiiii good stuff.

I'd redo my Escha bomb then but I'm stuck on Logy.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I'll have to try again tomorrow night.

The Combo worked; I wasn't taking any damage (outside of moral loss damage which does reduce you to 1 HP eventually but whatever).

In my haste to try it out I forgot that the save I used to get back to that spot, I hadn't made any kickass bombs yet so I still couldn't do enough damage fast enough to counter her final form's auto-healing. Tomorrow night, the bitch is mine. XD

Christhor

Beat the game at last. Enjoyed it a lot, but I think it's the first PS3 Atelier game I haven't liked more than the last. Ayesha still just had a certain something about it that this didn't top.

I must say though, that Sky of Twilight is one of my new favourite boss themes. I don't even like lyrics in my battle music, but this was incredibly great and really got your blood pumping. Shame that the final boss theme wasn't nearly as good. IMO.

Now, to wait for the DLC and such to come out before attempting an Escha run. It will be fun to try and beat the hard mode of the final boss that time around.

Christhor

Me too, broski. If they're following Gust's release of the DLC though, Micie and Katla might not be out until early June.

Wilbell is the only one for me though
even though she is pretty nerfed from Ayesha. Why is everything fire resistant in this one :(

Eusis

Actually, does NG+ carry Logy playthrough to Escha and vice versa? If I get myself away from DSII and go to this (... or after DanganRonpa or whatever) I might want to do Logy -> Ayesha -> Escha.

Actually, does NG+ carry Logy playthrough to Escha and vice versa? If I get myself away from DSII and go to this (... or after DanganRonpa or whatever) I might want to do Logy -> Ayesha -> Escha.

Yup. It's the only way to get both Escha's and Logy's exclusive items in one run, even.

Hmm, I don't think I'll ever finish the game. Culveig seems unbeatable at level 50 and I'm not really interested in grinding.

Any tips? Logy storyline.

Grinding for levels isn't all that useful in this game. Levels matter surprisingly little, it's all about the alchemy, but you need to "grind" for good properties by getting relics after filling the search bar. This is only if you want to make really optimized items, you can probably do okay without worrying too much about properties.

For the big bird, just a few good items should be enough. Make an elixir, try to add properties like Perpetual Motion (infinite use), auto-use, but it's not strictly. I don't know if you use "Slag Essence", but it's an extremely useful item that gives you a bunch of support bar.

For equipment, if you don't have it already, make sure you get enough "increase skill damage" properties on Logy so that he gets at least +100% skill damage. This will make your items alot stronger. For accessories, Brother Call, Soul of Binding and Dragon's Crest are all extremely good options.

For damage focus on double draws. Start the item chain w/ Escha, run through your whole party with support attacks, then end the double-draw with a Tautzen Blitz. This should do a ton of damage to the enemy.

So I assume I shouldn't fighting this Child of Terror when I first come across him.

It is blocking me from getting a gathering point though. Is there anything past this demon wolf?

Oh never mind that, looks like something open up after getting destroyed by him.

RurouniZel

HAAH!! Beat her!! Thanks be to Rarutos!!

*chibi Miku dances*

HkMg62N.gif

vall03

Its been a long time since I lasted posted here in GAF but I'd like to post my progress. Currently in my 2nd playthrough as Logy and the Final form of the Final boss is really really annoying. Its not really that hard tbh, its just that I think I'm not doing enough damage. All of my attempts are the same too, Reduce her life to 20% which is not really that hard, but during her Winter mode I'm completely defensive. I can survive her attacks but I can't deal damage either. And after a few minutes her life is back to 75%. Guess my biggest bottleneck are my bombs. I'm actually having trouble getting Jumbo Blessing but I think I'll try it next time and improve my Tauzent Blitz. I started my attempt at her with around 250+ days and now I'm reduced to 100+ because I accidentally overwrote one of my save files so I'm stuck with it. Also, I can fight her normal form just in case by selecting the first option right? Or will I still have to fight the true form since I broke the honeycombs?

Anyway, I think I'm going to try that dodge build, fighting the final boss several times and all attempts ending in failure is so stressful. Guess I'm going to love going to work for a while.

RurouniZel

Its been a long time since I lasted posted here in GAF but I'd like to post my progress. Currently in my 2nd playthrough as Logy and the Final form of the Final boss is really really annoying. Its not really that hard tbh, its just that I think I'm not doing enough damage. All of my attempts are the same too, Reduce her life to 20% which is not really that hard, but during her Winter mode I'm completely defensive. I can survive her attacks but I can't deal damage either. And after a few minutes her life is back to 75%. Guess my biggest bottleneck are my bombs. I'm actually having trouble getting Jumbo Blessing but I think I'll try it next time and improve my Tauzent Blitz. I started my attempt at her with around 250+ days and now I'm reduced to 100+ because I accidentally overwrote one of my save files so I'm stuck with it. Also, I can fight her normal form just in case by selecting the first option right? Or will I still have to fight the true form since I broke the honeycombs?

Anyway, I think I'm going to try that dodge build, fighting the final boss several times and all attempts ending in failure is so stressful. Guess I'm going to love going to work for a while.

Just make sure when you do you have a couple of very powerful bombs to Double Draw in her final form. (=゚ω゚)ノ

Grinding for levels isn't all that useful in this game. Levels matter surprisingly little, it's all about the alchemy, but you need to "grind" for good properties by getting relics after filling the search bar. This is only if you want to make really optimized items, you can probably do okay without worrying too much about properties.

For the big bird, just a few good items should be enough. Make an elixir, try to add properties like Perpetual Motion (infinite use), auto-use, but it's not strictly. I don't know if you use "Slag Essence", but it's an extremely useful item that gives you a bunch of support bar.

For equipment, if you don't have it already, make sure you get enough "increase skill damage" properties on Logy so that he gets at least +100% skill damage. This will make your items alot stronger. For accessories, Brother Call, Soul of Binding and Dragon's Crest are all extremely good options.

For damage focus on double draws. Start the item chain w/ Escha, run through your whole party with support attacks, then end the double-draw with a Tautzen Blitz. This should do a ton of damage to the enemy.
Thanks, I'll definitely try again next weekend! Where can I find the (recipe for) Tautzen Blitz?

You'll get it at the last year. You can't miss it.
Indeed, and it does work. I managed to double draw II twice before it began to attack three times in a row.

I'll try to upgrade my gear some more. Need more defense and ways to increase support build up. Also just found out about elixers. Those really help. Sometimes I wonder how I even got this far :lol

I've reached the end of the game but got the bad ending. Never defeated Gulveig, when he's almost dead his healing and let-me-attack-six-times-in-a-row ruins the game for me.

Too bad.

vall03

I just got Evade Danger, Show Illusions, and Light Movement on my Armors and haven't done the dodge accessories yet. Also trying to find Jumbo Blessing and Cost Bonus properties. Its also a bit annoying that I have little free time right now and I won't be having my day off until Monday. I want to fight the Final Boss again! Because of that I'm currently addicted to Colony Collapse Disorder lol

RurouniZel

Make a Knowledge Book next time, made that battle so easy

This plus Tauzent Blitz + Double Draw II = Awesome damage if you attach Super Properties/Jumbo Blessing/Cost Bonus on them (all cost lots of PP though so you'll need to attach a Traditional Soul to one of the items you use to make them.)

Volcynika

This plus Tauzent Blitz + Double Draw II = Awesome damage if you attach Super Properties/Jumbo Blessing/Cost Bonus on them (all cost lots of PP though so you'll need to attach a Traditional Soul to one of the items you use to make them.)

Give me tips for awesome Tauzent Blitz plz (I don't think I have enough time to make dodge armor stuff, I'm already in late Nov.

RurouniZel

Give me tips for awesome Tauzent Blitz plz (I don't think I have enough time to make dodge armor stuff, I'm already in late Nov.

When you get to the
Fallen Ruins
bring a Dowsing Rod and some lanterns to fill the gauge up. Look for an area that let's you activate Relic Change and go back to map 2 (the one with the first honeycomb structure) and use the Dowsing Rod. Keep using the lanterns to build up the gauge so you can select Relics. Only take Green Crystals. Keep doing this until you get Crystals with Super Properties, Cost Bonus, and Jumbo Blessing (or if you're super lucky all of the above). If it fails, reload your save and try again so you don't lose days. These are rare so if you get one SAVE do NOT quit because you did not get all 3 in one go.

But you still need traditional soul to have enough PP to add all three traits to the Tblitz. Repeat the above steps but change the location where you use the Dowsing Rods/Lanterns to the Searing Wastes (the location that branches Left). Look for Melty Metal relics and try to get Traditional Soul. This will also likely take a few attempts.

Making a TBlitz takes 2 other Blitz Cores. I made two Wind Blitzs because both of those take a Jewel to make which a Green Crystal Qualifies for. As for the 3rd trait and Traditional Soul IIRC I attached them to a either a Moon Tablet or an Iron Clay (or to an Iron Clay so I could then attach to a Moon Tablet... I think. I won't be home for a while so I can't double check atm.).

Volcynika

Yeah I have a ton of Green Crystals and some Extracts and such with Natural Soul, so I'm good there. I won't even be able to look myself until this afternoon.

RurouniZel

Yeah I have a ton of Green Crystals and some Extracts and such with Natural Soul, so I'm good there. I won't even be able to look myself until this afternoon.

Good luck! I'll try to be online. Busy day at work makes it a touch more difficult. >>

ohlawd

I think you'll have to forgo relic boost or dowsing rod for Cost Bonus. It's one tier lower than Super Properties, etc.

Or maybe you can't find it on Green Crystals. Might have to downgrade to Heart of Flames(?) at Searing Wastes.

RurouniZel

Finding one with Count Bonus is impossibleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Searched for two hours and no luck :/

If you can't find it, I think Cost Bonus can be crafted, iirc. Property enhance x Property enhance+ I think?

Jet Black Cubes have PE+

You know when you're crafting and at the bottom right hand of the screen you have a note sheet containing all the added properties from all the ingredients?

Well when you've finished crafting the game complies a humongous list of all your properties: the ones from your added ingredients, and the 5 ones intrinsic to the item (provided you reached level 5 on the property value). Out of this large list you select 3 properties to be carried over into the final item.

Any properties that can combine will do so in the big list. To make "Cost Bonus" all you need is to make an item with one ingredient containing "property enhance" and another with "property enhance+". The two properties will combine when you're done synthesizing, and you can select "Cost Bonus" from the final list.

So I'm on the last assignment (the one that gives more than enough days to do whatever) and I finished almost every task expect one.

It's on the bottom right corner and it is still literally as a question mark. What on earth do I have to do to unlock it?

So I'm on the last assignment (the one that gives more than enough days to do whatever) and I finished almost every task expect one.

It's on the bottom right corner and it is still literally as a question mark. What on earth do I have to do to unlock it?

So, uh, you
fight any dragons
lately...? Because if you have any left, you should go take care of that.

If you're not one for hints:
There are six boss dragons to fight in total--four dragons in each of the dungeons of the dragon's nest besides the head, the metal-eating dragon at the head, and then a final dragon that also appears at the head (I think). You'll need to kill the metal-eating dragon at the very least (even if you snuck past it the first time you got to its nest). You probably have to kill all five. When Duke tells you about that last dragon, the final task will unlock.

Also, I sat down around 9pm to get through another assignment in my Logy playthrough and ended up playing for seven hours straight. Also: putting all the dodge properties on Feather Ornament/Concealing Hood and armor? Totally works. My 93hp Lucille didn't get hit once during the longest battle ever with Child of Terror--the battle where I didn't bother to bring any items larger than one slot because of that "equip 50 search items" task. I don't recommend ever doing this.

ohlawd

daaaamn everyone has those evade items XD

has anyone have any details for the dlc dungeon? probably has reskins as always.

Volcynika

Don't really have enough time to make the evade items, so I may just beat Logy's story then do Escha's later on and beat the hard version of the boss then.

Oh, so I guess I just needed to kill some time before the event popped up so I could clear off my last assignment board.

I decided to not attempt to reach level 99 or beat the powered up final boss out of laziness and I guess wanting to get Escha's exclusive items.

Got all the available endings I could on the first run so that was pretty neat.

Overall, I rather liked this game. Having a male lead didn't bring the end of the world to an Atelier game though I guess it did put Escha into the background (unless this is mostly a Logy route thing). I liked the upgraded graphics that came with the musou engine, the characters were all pretty fun and they fixed Ayesha's problems of your cast not being integrated into the main plot so that's good.

I'll probably want to wait for the DLC to come out before doing a New Game+ so I'll have something newish to look forward to.

Overall, I rather liked this game. Having a male lead didn't bring the end of the world to an Atelier game though I guess it did put Escha into the background (unless this is mostly a Logy route thing). I liked the upgraded graphics that came with the musou engine, the characters were all pretty fun and they fixed Ayesha's problems of your cast not being integrated into the main plot so that's good.

It is a Logy route thing, I think. I'm surprised at how well done each person's story is, despite 80-90% of the scenes being the same. I started with Escha first and felt her story was very much her own, and now that I'm playing through Logy you do see a different perspective. Even the way events occur change ever so slightly, though so far nothing that impacts the plot in any way. For example,
Escha's unique item she makes for Reyfer at the contest he has with Harry is different from Logy's, and you get a different alchemy recipe as a result.

Top Bottom