• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Meruru |OT| of Atelier Chronicles: My Life as a Princess

OceanBlue

Do the PS3 Atelier games usually sell out quickly? This is the first one I won't be able to buy on release because of money issues, but I don't want to be unable to find it after two weeks or something.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Do the PS3 Atelier games usually sell out quickly? This is the first one I won't be able to buy on release because of money issues, but I don't want to be unable to find it after two weeks or something.

Stores might be difficult, but NISA regularly stocks their games for at least a few months. The LE is Out of Stock at the moment though.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
USPS really sucks at updating the tracking info. So you might get it this week still.

I hope so. Now that I think about it, most of the games I've ordered from NISA have arrived on Friday or Saturday. Hope that's the case here.

Rarutos

Stores might be difficult, but NISA regularly stocks their games for at least a few months. The LE is Out of Stock at the moment though.

Psst, do you know where to get Azure Wings?
I know Astrid sells one, but I need two! ;_;

P.S.: You should follow me on Twitters so I don't have to ask you here. XD

RurouniZel

Psst, do you know where to get Azure Wings?
I know Astrid sells one, but I need two! ;_;

P.S.: You should follow me on Twitters so I don't have to ask you here. XD

Yesterday when I mentioned beating the Dragon Boss at the ruins unlocks two locations, one that has the World Spirits? The other has the Azure Wings (GUST is evil like that).

And PM me your Twitter name so I can find you. ^^;

Rarutos

Yesterday when I mentioned beating the Dragon Boss at the ruins unlocks two locations, one that has the World Spirits? The other has the Azure Wings (GUST is evil like that).

And PM me your Twitter name so I can find you. ^^;

Eeeeh? But I beat it and the other place didn't have Azure Wings... Maybe I have to develop the town first?

You should just guess what my Twitter name is! I bet you can't figure out what it is! I followed you some time back though, shouldn't you have gotten a notification or something?

RurouniZel

Eeeeh? But I beat it and the other place didn't have Azure Wings... Maybe I have to develop the town first?

You should just guess what my Twitter name is! I bet you can't figure out what it is! I followed you some time back though, shouldn't you have gotten a notification or something?

Huh, you're right. I was thinking or something else. Maybe it was the
Endless Corridor? Astrid tells you about it sometime in the 4th year and it unlocks. There's LOTS of stuff there.

EDIT: Following you now. Must not have gotten the notification.

Got mine today (I'm in Virginia and it actually came yesterday, but it got sent to my home address instead of my school address -- doh!) and I've put about 2 hours into it.

I haven't read through the whole thread, but I thought I could remember Totori's framerate being a bit smoother. I might be wrong, though.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I got my limited edition! Kind of disappointed that it is such a small box, I would prefer something the size of Rorona limited eidtion.

A warning to other that want to save their limited edition, once you pull out the T-shirt inside, it is almost impossible to get it back into the box with the CD and soundtrack. I almost break my box trying to fit everything back in it.

Now I just have to beat Rorona =/

I got my limited edition! Kind of disappointed that it is such a small box, I would prefer something the size of Rorona limited eidtion.

A warning to other that want to save their limited edition, once you pull out the T-shirt inside, it is almost impossible to get it back into the box with the CD and soundtrack. I almost break my box trying to fit everything back in it.

Now I just have to beat Rorona =/

Haha, I'm just leaving my shirt in the box. I'm a size small, so there's no reason for me to even bother.

RurouniZel

I haven't read through the whole thread, but I thought I could remember Totori's framerate being a bit smoother. I might be wrong, though.

Totori is smoother. GUST tried to do more with foliage and lighting this time. Stupidly, they put the worst framerate area at the very beginning. >>;

zulux21

I saw both Rorona and Totori in my gamestop for months after release, but that could have just been my area. The plus side being that most Gamestops will ship in a copy of a game to their store from another store if you ask nicely, so if you can't find it anywhere else gamestop should be able to get a copy. Totori standard is still in stock on Nis though so if you have to wait a bit it shouldn't be a big issue.

It's odd to me that you added the at the moment bit, aside from maybe a very small restock from preorders that failed to get paid for there shouldn't ever be a restock of the LE. Unlike other companies Nis actually knows what LE actually stands for.

RurouniZel

It's odd to me that you added the at the moment bit, aside from maybe a very small restock from preorders that failed to get paid for there shouldn't ever be a restock of the LE. Unlike other companies Nis actually knows what LE actually stands for.

I'm sure you're right, I just don't like to assume. ^^;

zulux21

I'm sure you're right, I just don't like to assume. ^^;

Fair enough :p But unless it's Disgaea related the limited editions nis puts out tend to be rather limited, especially since they started making them nis store exclusive.

Honestly I wish more companies did limited editions properly where for the most part unless you preorder them you won't get them unless you buy second hand. It adds to benefits, the first one is that if the lowest price it was ever available at was retail price, then odds are high that the LE will keep it's value or go up. And the week after the game comes out when your friend comes over and says that's a cool LE and they want to go buy it but can't, you know you have something special, which is always a plus.

Anyways more on topic, Meruru is fun so far.... though I think I am driving my cats nuts by going MERURURURURURURURURU RU RU RU RURURURURURU at them lol. I don't know why but I find the name meruru really fun to say and add more RUs. I think it's because the repeating two letters are at the end instead of the beginning this time unlike the Ro in Rorona and the To in Totori. I will say though.... (just in case someone doesn't know what your starting goal is)
I would be afraid of what my princess was doing if my town was at a nice happy population of 100 people for the longest time and all of the sudden she starts getting involved and my population gets over 5k in 3 years... let alone the 5 months it took me to get over 5k lol

04028663.jpg

I'm always surprised by how quickly these things get delivered to the UK. And now to shelve it until 2013 I finish Totori.

(Artbook's in the back of the game case).

Lockon

Got my limited edition yesterday. Having fun so far. Rorona made me laugh in the intro, she keeps running, jumping, clinging to Totori and Meruru, and I thought she probably would do it too even if she didn't turn into a child form lol.

RurouniZel

Got my limited edition yesterday. Having fun so far. Rorona made me laugh in the intro, she keeps running, jumping, clinging to Totori and Meruru, and I thought she probably would do it too even if she didn't turn into a child form lol.

Totally! It's like someone said earlier how she now looks the age she's always acted.

Durante

I hate zavvi, my copy still hasn't arrived. After ordering from them a few times I really should have known better than buying anything I want less than a month from release from them. But I just couldn't resist the artbook :/

RurouniZel

I hate zavvi, my copy still hasn't arrived. After ordering from them a few times I really should have known better than buying anything I want less than a month from release from them. But I just couldn't resist the artbook :/

:-(. I had a hard time with them over Xenoblade. And with GAME on its way out, who's left?

Kincaido

Woot, FINALLY got my copy. Time to lock myself in my room and only leave for the occasional food and bathroom break.

Kincaido

Awesome! Have fun!

Thanks, I am! Noticed that Meruru doesn't do random shouts while jumping in English. Boo.

Also, holy crap you can put Terminus as the BGM during battles. The dlc pack is awesome. Think I'll start using it after my first playthrough. Wanna listen too all the music the way it was meant to be first.

RurouniZel

Bah, I keep getting locked into one other ending. I guess another playthrough is in order. :p Oh darn, it's not like I LIKE playing this game or anything! XD jk jk I love this game, looking forward to my 3rd time through.

frequency

Hi guys! Sorry if this was already asked but... I'm new to the series, what game should I play first?

You will get a lot more out of the characters/events if you play it in order. I would recommend at least trying because there are so many references to past events with characters. But if you find yourself unable to get through Rorona, then move on to Totori. If you don't like Totori, then you probably won't like Meruru either.

Rorona is a great game, but Totori was such a huge gameplay improvement that it might be hard to go back to play Rorona after.

Kincaido

Just got Mimi and boy did she grow up nicely. She'll be a permanent party member for me in this game as well. Now all I need is Sterk...

Rarutos

Bah, I keep getting locked into one other ending. I guess another playthrough is in order. :p Oh darn, it's not like I LIKE playing this game or anything! XD jk jk I love this game, looking forward to my 3rd time through.

Which ending?! I might be able to help! I've gotten three endings already. :)

RurouniZel

Which ending?! I might be able to help! I've gotten three endings already. :)

Ah, I meant I have three. I got the standard dunce ending for not getting to 100K the first time, then I got a Rorona ending where
she's forever 14. Can't physically get to Alchemy Lv. 50 from where I've saved though, I would only have 5 months to get the last 4 levels and the exp for them is so high it's bloody impossible! >>;
(this is the one I keep getting over and over when I try to get other endings beside the third one), and then I got a Meruru ending where
She's all strong and stuff, but lost to Gio because he's stupidly strong and I've read he can be beaten but fucking hell if that's true I've totally got shit armor or whatever.

Just got Mimi and boy did she grow up nicely. She'll be a permanent party member for me in this game as well. Now all I need is Sterk...

I see you and I think alike about our party member preferences. Excellent! XD

Rarutos

Ah, I meant I have three. I got the standard dunce ending for not getting to 100K the first time, then I got a Rorona ending where
she's forever 14. Can't physically get to Alchemy Lv. 50 from where I've saved though, I would only have 5 months to get the last 4 levels and the exp for them is so high it's bloody impossible! >>;
(this is the one I keep getting over and over when I try to get other endings beside the third one), and then I got a Meruru ending where
She's all strong and stuff, but lost to Gio because he's stupidly strong and I've read he can be beaten but fucking hell if that's true I've totally got shit armor or whatever.
Yeah I lost to Gio too. I wonder how it's possible to beat him if he takes me out that quickly. I even had the Medical Thread trait that gives you a huge defense buff! Maybe I need to explore Infinite Corridor and Ent more for better materials or something.

RurouniZel

Yeah I lost to Gio too. I wonder how it's possible to beat him if he takes me out that quickly. I even had the Medical Thread trait that gives you a huge defense buff! Maybe I need to explore Infinite Corridor and Ent more for better materials or something.

That's what I'm thinking, there's likely some specific trait that greatly/completely nullifies a lot of his attacks. Like when I fought Sterk my armor was strong against whatever his element is so his specials did far less damage than his regular attacks funnily enough. XD I'm sure there's got to be something similar for the Gio fight.

Kincaido

Just got Esty and she's pretty awesome. I never would have thought that she would ever become a party member back in Rorona.

Also, how many years are there in this game? Just got to 2nd year and have around 10,000 people. Is that good?

RurouniZel

Just got Esty and she's pretty awesome. I never would have thought that she would ever become a party member back in Rorona.

Also, how many years are there in this game? Just got to 2nd year and have around 10,000 people. Is that good?

That's good progress me thinks. Game has a total of 5 years like Totori, but you need 30,000 before the end of Year 3.

Top Bottom