• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 |OT| NO MANGA TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also that horse lol

DB-IuQBXsAAOEBQ.jpg

What do you mean? She was a mindless titan until she ate someone we presume to be a titan shifter at which point she reverted back to human and able to shift at will. The person she ate was with Reiner, Betholdt, and Annie all of whom are known titan shifters.

Wasn't she forcefully injected a serum as punishment, which allows her to transform (for the first time)? My first impression was that she is lying to get Historia to agree to leave with her (for Historia's sake). Idk.

I guess that spoiler-highlighted part (I didn't read) and what you're saying imply that
Eating a Shifter turns you into a shifter, and that her eating the friend allows her to transform at will. This is an interesting theory that explains why every titan is keen towards eating human: it's possible that it's a kind of a subconscious will by each titan to turn back into human.

Anyhow, I'll leave it there. I don't want to speculate too much on this. :p

zelas

Turned out to be the best episode of this season even though the Ymir/Christa crap in the first half was dragging on. It was the same kind of "we desperately want you to care about these uneventful happenings" crap that has made almost every episode before it a slog.

Turned out to be the best episode of this season even though the Ymir/Christa crap in the first half was dragging on. It was the same kind of "we desperately want you to care about these uneventful happenings" crap that has made almost every episode before it a slog.

I think it was a good contrast to the second half. We got all this angsty backstory with those two trying to justify their actions, then the scouts show up and tell them their lives are worth shit next to Eren's.

HardRojo

Fuck Mikasa. What a fucking boring character, I swear she'd be right up my alley if she weren't all about Eren, she should have a lot more personality, I love seeing serious and independent girls in media who don't need to be attached to someone else to show how badass they are, but I also want them to be very talkative, lively and not dictated by one single thing to establish whatever excuse of a personality Mikasa has. She's probably the character I hate the most in the series.

Tuck

First half was a bit weak/drawn out. Second half was better. Armin's bluff to Bertrolt was fantastic, especially his eyes.

HardRojo

This episode had some good parts, but overall was very weird, I don't know how to feel about it.
  • Fuck Mikasa. Die already.
  • Connie picking up Christa with one hand while riding a horse. He probably lifts.
  • Animation was really spotty, not just a few times, but for several frames in different instances.
  • I don't think I understand Ymir anymore. What the fuck is her deal?

kirblar

This episode had some good parts, but overall was very weird, I don't know how to feel about it.
  • Fuck Mikasa. Die already.
  • Connie picking up Christa with one hand while riding a horse. He probably lifts.
  • Animation was really spotty, not just a few times, but for several frames in different instances.
  • I don't think I understand Ymir anymore. What the fuck is her deal?
My read on Ymir (and I could be wrong) -
Survivor's Guilt

Ymir is just twisted but don't really blame her. All her life has been shit. She has seen some shit. For real.

Episode spoiler:
Very interesting about gaining the 'power of titans' as a reason why titans in general like to eat humans only. They tend to ignore other things so it makes sense.

Soriku

Erwin is awesome. Shouldn't have stuck his arm out like that though lol.

And I love when Mikasa goes into kill mode. Unfortunately she always gets blocked by someone but whenever she's like that I don't care who she wants to kill, I'm too enamored by her rage.

HardRojo

I thought Ymir was just lying to get Christa to do what she wanted.

Nah, it seems people in the thread got it right and she was talking about shifting. It didn't make sense for me at first either, but I got it now.

Mikasa should die already. I'm going to make it my primary mission.

The Ymir / Christa relationship is just not hitting at all for me.
Their motivations are way too flimsy for them to be as committed as they are to one another.

Erwin is a bad mother fucker though whew.
Him and Hange are definitely my favourites, it's easy to see why both are as high ranked and respected as they are.

I thought it was interesting that the Titans in the field attacked the armored Titan.

Previously, we'd only seen them attack shifters when provoked (Erin's first transformation, Ymir) or when commanded somehow (Annie'a suicide gambit). When Erin first woke up in captivity, it seemed like Reiner had instructed 1 or 2 of the aberrant titans to keep a close eye on Eren.

And of course, the Beast titan just talks to them like a G.

Now they're just flat out trying to kill Reiner in a mob rush. What gives?

Erwin working up to being my favourite character. Guy is dedicated to the cause. Strong end to the episode. I'm still a fan of mikados but she's just not in the same league as the power duo that is Connie and Sasha.

I thought it was interesting that the Titans in the field attacked the armored Titan.

Previously, we'd only seen them attack shifters when provoked (Erin's first transformation, Ymir) or when commanded somehow (Annie'a suicide gambit). When Erin first woke up in captivity, it seemed like Reiner had instructed 1 or 2 of the aberrant titans to keep a close eye on Eren.

And of course, the Beast titan just talks to them like a G.

Now they're just flat out trying to kill Reiner in a mob rush. What gives?

Titans are drawn to shifters, they are not controlled. Annie didn't command them but yelled so the titans were aware she was there and draw them to her. Reiner can't control titans as well, the two aberrant were just there, that is why Reiner also wanted to wait at night to travel so the titans won't attack when they travel. The Beast titan is a different story.

Jigolo

what was that crazy ass episode. omg 😲 😲😲

man i love this show

how many episodes left?

Mojada staring down B was awesome holy shit

FluxWaveZ

Now we know what Aramins secret powers are, psychological war fare, while MIkasa gets battle skills and Eren gets Titan powers.

I feel like we knew that ever since his "awakening" moment in Season 1 where we learned that Eren and Mikasa depended on him to make the right decisions, and he had his Phoenix Wright moment to try to persuade the others that Eren wasn't a threat. It's why I've always liked him.

Buckle

Just got done with episode 35.

Ugh. Ymir is a fucking idiot.

Was hoping she wouldn't seriously be dumb enough to side with Reiner, hopefully it doesn't take too long for Christa to get her to use her damn brain because right now, I'm rooting for them to beat the crap out of her in the next episode. Ain't nobody got time for "I'm doing this thing that will get everyone you ever cared about killed for your own good" shenanigans.

Oh man, what an episode! That was hype.

I was shocked when Erwin got caught. I couldn't believe it. He has been my favourite character since Season 1. I thought, please don't tell me he's going to go out like that. We haven't even seen him in action yet! He is Levi's superior so I'm expecting more from him, man.

Everything else was great. But, I just hate Mikasa so much. Her character and personality in general is so bland and she seems practically invincible. With her around, there's nothing for others to worry about. Like, she has never been found to be vulenrable in certain situations whether it's facing off against multiple Titans or Titan Shifters and I don't like that. Anyone else and you feel the tension, but not with her. Ruins the scenes. You got to have some weakness (except Eren) to build character. Comes off as a Mary Sue. Argh.

FluxWaveZ

You got to have some weakness (except Eren) to build character. Comes off as a Mary Sue. Argh.

The subjective liking of her character aside, Mikasa does have weaknesses, which have been represented multiple times throughout the show. That death stare that's being posted above? Sure, that's "badass," but it's also a representation of how emotionally broken she is. When they were riding on their horses, you could see Armin next to Mikasa, looking at her worryingly because she was going off the rails (again).

Back when Eren "died," she lost her mind while looking like she maintained her composure on the surface. This resulted in her almost getting killed.

It's unfortunate that a lot about her revolves around another character but, at the same time, her obsessive attachment to Eren is an explicit demonstration of her frail emotional state.

kirblar

Oh man, what an episode! That was hype.

I was shocked when Erwin got caught. I couldn't believe it. He has been my favourite character since Season 1. I thought, please don't tell me he's going to go out like that. We haven't even seen him in action yet! He is Levi's superior so I'm expecting more from him, man.

Everything else was great. But, I just hate Mikasa so much. Her character and personality in general is so bland and she seems practically invincible. With her around, there's nothing for others to worry about. Like, she has never been found to be vulenrable in certain situations whether it's facing off against multiple Titans or Titan Shifters and I don't like that. Anyone else and you feel the tension, but not with her. Ruins the scenes. You got to have some weakness (except Eren) to build character. Comes off as a Mary Sue. Argh.
Armoured Titan

Gee I have no idea why you don't like Mikasa. :p

The subjective liking of her character aside, Mikasa does have weaknesses, which have been represented multiple times throughout the show. That death stare that's being posted above? Sure, that's "badass," but it's also a representation of how emotionally broken she is. When they were riding on their horses, you could see Armin next to Mikasa, looking at her worryingly because she was going off the rails (again).

Back when Eren "died," she lost her mind while looking like she maintained her composure on the surface. This resulted in her almost getting killed.

It's unfortunate that a lot about her revolves around another character but, at the same time, her obsessive attachment to Eren is an explicit demonstration of her frail emotional state.

That's the thing. Any supposed weakness she does exhibit is purely related to another character. Her whole existence revoles around Eren. Keep him around and Mikasa is practically invincible. Even without her she's still invincible except she now has crazy stares...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom