• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, probably not a good idea to mention something like that.

Supporting official channels is definitely the way to go imo. That way sites like crunchyroll can grow and get more shows and stuff.

Also $7 per month for all the shows you can watch in that time frame is a pretty good deal.

1080p videos too.

Mikasa's haircut just keeps reminding me of Calista from The Last Story.

Calista.600.971797.jpg
The hair doesn't even move from the front of her face just like Calista.

Yeah, probably not a good idea to mention something like that.

Supporting official channels is definitely the way to go imo. That way sites like crunchyroll can grow and get more shows and stuff.

Also $7 per month for all the shows you can watch in that time frame is a pretty good deal.

1080p videos too.

Yeah if more people watch then it could get a disc release and not just be streaming only...hopefully funimation does get home release rights.

Jex

I'm sure like everyone else, there will be some answers you like and some you don't. Whether the latter ruins the series for you is obviously going to vary from person to person.

At least for me, there's more going for the story than just the hook, but I love the characters and their actions, which some people here are already split on.

I see. I don't think I'm really going to be that bothered if it goes down a path I don't care for because I've been warned about it on numerous occasions.

How far does a show get before they make an announcement at con or something? Or we in a new era?

I guess it varies, sometimes funimation will announce that they are simulcasting and also have the home release rights at that time (like Guilty Crown). Sometimes a few weeks into the season, I guess due to popularity, they will announce they got additional rights and will release it eventually, or sometimes they will announce it after the anime finishes airing (PsychoPass).

How slow (or fast) does the manga go in relation to the anime? I mean, I was in Barnes & Noble flipping through volume 4 of the manga, and I was seeing pages that already happened in the anime. I realize it's the American version, and the manga is way ahead of that, but for the TV series to be ahead of the 4th manga volume four episodes in.... that's pretty uncommon, no?

Branduil

How slow (or fast) does the manga go in relation to the anime? I mean, I was in Barnes & Noble flipping through volume 4 of the manga, and I was seeing pages that already happened in the anime. I realize it's the American version, and the manga is way ahead of that, but for the TV series to be ahead of the 4th manga volume four episodes in.... that's pretty uncommon, no?

The anime is rearranging some of the stuff from the manga into chronological order.

kurahador

Ah, alright. That makes more sense. Is there a lot of jumping back and forth through time in the manga?

Yep. The training arc from eps 3&4 are from vol 4, while what you see at the end of episode 4 happens at the end of vol 1. Bit of a mess really.

Newcomers should stick to the anime.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Man, I'd like to watch this on Crunchyroll but:
"Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region."
The hell, why? Other shows are fine.

Not going to watch it via proxy, so I guess it's their loss?

h124HKI.png

That looked expensive. There were sone unfortunate stills though. I guess
next week will be action-less and much cheaper. I don't think I can wait 2 weeks (judging by the preview) to find out how the main character survives, so I'll be getting the comic in a few days :/

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Episode 05

Lots of great action in this episode, although some of the CG was hilariously bad...
I'm really interested to see the reaction of people who haven't read the manga once they get to the end of this one though... should be fun!

Episode 05

Lots of great action in this episode, although some of the CG was hilariously bad...
I'm really interested to see the reaction of people who haven't read the manga once they get to the end of this one though... should be fun!

I haven't watched it yet but how bad is the CG and what is it used for? I thought they only used CG for buildings in the previous eps and it usually moves so quickly you don't have time to focus on them.

RangerBAD

image.php

I see what duckroll's been watching. I just watched it last weekend.

Episode 05

I want to see some predictions. <.<

manfestival

Just watched 5 and I dont read the manga

Every episode is crazy but this one so far tops the crazy meter. Seems like this show tends to have a knack for like the last 5-3 minutes being ridiculous

Shergal

Episode 5

Great action, but they are really toning down the violence making the deaths less impactful in the anime since in the manga its really gruesome.

I don't think the manga is that gory. Perhaps the sketchy art enhances the effect, but it's not a major problem with the adaptation for me. I think the deaths were just fine in presentation; perhaps a bit less of chorus BGM and glorified stills would help, but I'm asking for too much.

shawnlreed

Attack on Titan 5

Goddamn.
I was shocked at the events of this episode.
I have no idea where the story is headed. None.
What an awesome show.

Now, I need to stop posting in this thread before I accidentally click on a spoiler.

Yeah I have a feeling someone's going to unintentionally spoil something soon so I would be wary about spoilers. This goes the same in general though for manga to anime threads.

M3d10n

So the anime reached the "what the fuck is going on I don't even" part in the manga that completely hooked me up. Good. But with the goddamn manga going so slow lately, I'm afraid the anime will actually catch up before it ends.

Man why eat humans only? I hope they explain this soon
Oh boy, you don't even know half of it.

ALERT TO ANIME-ONLY WATCHERS AND PEOPLE WHO JUST STARTED READING THE MANGA:
Do *not* read the "plot" section in the Wikipedia article. It contain spoilers.

So the anime reached the "what the fuck is going on I don't even" part in the manga that completely hooked me up. Good. But with the goddamn manga going so slow lately, I'm afraid the anime will actually catch up before it ends.

Oh boy, you don't even know half of it.

ALERT TO ANIME-ONLY WATCHERS AND PEOPLE WHO JUST STARTED READING THE MANGA:
Do *not* read the "plot" section in the Wikipedia article. It contain spoilers.

Do you recommend that I start reading the manga now? I don't know if I can wait.

Manga is published monthly, anime is aired weekly. So if you plow through the manga and catch up (like me), you're fucked.

Yeah I better read the manga. I need to figure out what kind of story in in for, so I don't became to invested into. I don't want another Gantz.

Permanently A

Yeah I better read the manga. I need to figure out what kind of story in in for, so I don't became to invested into. I don't want another Gantz.

The next episode is the polarizing one. I expect more than a few people to say "The fuck? This isn't what I wanted. Dropped"

So yeah, unless they stretch it out, watch the next episode to see if you'll continue watching this or not.

Or you can read the manga, I guess. Your call. Its not very long though, and its a monthly manga.

The next episode is the polarizing one. I expect more than a few people to say "The fuck? This isn't what I wanted. Dropped"

So yeah, unless they stretch it out, watch the next episode to see if you'll continue watching this or not.

Mmm that only added my curiosity I'm going to skim to the manga to at least know what the next episode is about. I'm so curious it hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom