• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ep 5

dzpBD6r.jpg

You mean people don't die when they are killed!?

Yep, that was awesome. That scene was damn effective, especially with
Eren's arm flying off.
I almost wish I didn't read the manga before this, because it would have given me an even bigger "wtf" feeling.

The people seeing this stuff for the first time are really in for a treat.

I laughed so much during this episode, especially at the osamu-tezuka-looking titan. this show just gets funner and funner, I hope there aren't too many flashbacks from now on though.

Well, the anime does censor stuff, but it's still probably better to experience first. I do think people should check out the manga equivalent chapters of what they've seen though, just to see it without the censorship if they want to see how gory it really is.

B.O.O.M

MUST RESIST URGE TO READ MANGA.....WILL POWER WAVERING!!! NOOOOOOOOOO HELP ME!!!!

I would recommend checking out some other manga/anime to keep your mind off of this for now. Some pretty good anime this season like Gargantia, Hataraku Mao, and yahari ore no. For manga/manhwa stuff like Tower of God, god of highschool, one punch man etc are good. At least this is the plan I follow with anime for which I haven't read the manga beforehand

Sarquiss_

Thanks everyone. I am just going to keep myself busy watching some other anime as B.O.O.M recommended :)

I haven't been this intrigued and shocked by an anime in such a long time. Can't wait for the Bluray so I can watch the entire series in one sitting.

This Anime is pretty damn epic. Episode 5 in particular just goes to show that anything can happen, and I'm dying to see how they recover / what happens next.

Massive cliffhangers.

Hahaha, these reactions are delicious.

Though my favorite part of the episode is when the Titan basically just reaches its arm out, and the dude flies right into it. SPLAT.

Soriku

Thanks everyone. I am just going to keep myself busy watching some other anime as B.O.O.M recommended :)

I haven't been this intrigued and shocked by an anime in such a long time. Can't wait for the Bluray so I can watch the entire series in one sitting.

You should watch Mirai Nikki and Steins;Gate as some other series with an intrigue and shock factor, if you haven't already. Mirai Nikki is basically Plot Twists: The Anime, and Steins;Gate is just a great time travel story with some good twists. Steins;Gate takes a while to get going though.

B.O.O.M

I think the anime that genuinely shocked me in recent times was Ga Rei Zero...had a few wtf just happened moments with it. It's a prequel to the manga but I liked it way way better

Sarquiss_

Thanks for the suggestions Soriku and B.O.O.M

I haven't watched any of those anime yet and from the sounds of things they are going to be awesome.

Amikami

Banned
Holy Shit I made that post before I watched episode 5. :O Now I'm really interested. I don't know how the hell Eren is supposed to survive. That episode was pretty incredible.

Defuser

Episode 5

RqkhUbn.gif

Shit hits the fucking fan and it's fucking brutal. Unexpected twist.

Can't wait for the next few weeks of episodes to happen to see gaf reaction to it.

Antiochus

The Titans are the result of the central government's efforts in the deepest city core to control and weed out its population. Agents are sent out from the center to the hapless periphery. The largest flesh titan is "manufactured" in an aerial vehicle then dropped down from the atmosphere.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

its all fucken over from what i can see

why the hell was he just standing there in that titans mouth talking? jesus.

sohois

That was some intense shit. I really liked how all the action scenes basically delivered the opposite of what one would expect:

First with the Colossal Titan, just as Eren is about to attack he just disappears, no epic confrontation or anything

Then in the closing scenes, despite the slaughter of the other soldiers, you would expect once main characters arrive they'll duly begin kicking ass. but NOPE, crazy frog-jumping titan out of nowhere. So then you think, 'they'll be pumped up for revenge and destroy that titan'. boom, main characters leg gets eaten and the rest of the crew easily defeated.

Finally you have Eren's epic legless comeback moment and you think at least grandad titans got to die, but again, he loses his arm just like that

People said earlier in the thread that one should expect 'It gets worse: The series' and this episode really drove that point home. Also it was a nice demonstration of how actually dangerous the Titans are, previously I had always wondered how these slow, stupid, lumbering beasts could survive the spiderman attacks, the episode really showed off how easily they picked off the soldiers.

dan2026

I'm kinda surprised that SnK seems to have taken off as much as it has.

The manga is decent, but its not exactly the greatest or the most unique story eve told.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That was some intense shit. I really liked how all the action scenes basically delivered the opposite of what one would expect...

People said earlier in the thread that one should expect 'It gets worse: The series' and this episode really drove that point home. Also it was a nice demonstration of how actually dangerous the Titans are, previously I had always wondered how these slow, stupid, lumbering beasts could survive the spiderman attacks, the episode really showed off how easily they picked off the soldiers.
Yeah I get the feeling we are learning along with them and it's nice.

The manga is decent, but its not exactly the greatest or the most unique story eve told.
Have you seen the other shit that is airing?

Sure it has a lot of tropes, but I dig the different art style, setting, and spiderman gears. It's very refreshing.
Oh Lord you guys who have never read the manga are going to flip your shit in the next few episodes.
This is basically what I heard from someone. "It doesn't slow down"
Excited!

Dennis

Banned

Can't speak for the manga but the anime is one of the best I have seen since Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Another episode that was boring as fuck. And just because Eren dies doesnt mean the Anime represents the desperation that the manga has.

And finally we saw some limbs cutting off instead of blending them away.

Herla

Got some good Berserk vibes from this episode, I like it.

Too bad I got myself spoiled because I thought too much about a thing that I saw in an episode...but I guess there's more to it than just a couple twists.

kurahador

The series has alot going for it---story, mood, twists, action...etc

Action/set-pieces wise, I think it's the best since One Piece.

vareon

Surprised me too. This is why I hope the manga ends next year or so, before it takes many weird(er) turns and people begin to lose interest, A.K.A. Claymore-itis.

just spent all night reading the manga since my last post. so much unsolved stuff that it makes it seem like this manga is going to go on forever. i have no self control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom