• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've watched five episodes so far, and sort of followed this thread. Count me in.

It's got the action, it's got crazy twists, and it's got an iconic opening theme. This shit is the real deal. XD

edit: HOLY FUCK THIS OPENING REALLY DOES GO WITH EVERYTHING

harSon

Banned
Fineeeeeee, the show is good. I was ready to right it off as another example of GAF over hype, but that's not the case. I love how fast paced the narrative is. Just when you think things are beginning to slow down, they amp up again in a big way.

Articalys

Z0kwmnz.png
Oxb7ehd.png

Dali

So I've watched five episodes so far, and sort of followed this thread. Count me in.

It's got the action, it's got crazy twists, and it's got an iconic opening theme. This shit is the real deal. XD

edit: HOLY FUCK THIS OPENING REALLY DOES GO WITH EVERYTHING

Yeah the OP theme cannot be praised enough. Watching the first episode then having it jump in full blast sounding of heroic-type, epicness blew me away. The best touch is how right after the horns in the first few moments you expect the repeated horns to be at a slower tempo and to go back and fourth between the speed of the first horns and a slower tempo. No it speeds things up, increases the tempo, and makes the whole song sound more urgent and dangerous. So badass.

edit: Maybe the second round is just an octave higher rather than a faster tempo. I dunno either way I expected the original horn's pitch and tempo then a lower pitch and slower tempo, but the way the theme is done is amazing.

Ushae

Banned
Ok, so I just finished watching episode 5 and I have to say I'm really impresed with the way the anime has started. The Titans are creepy and sometimes terrifying in how easily they can overpower the humans.

Looking forward to see how the story progresses.
Surely the main character isn't dead now right?

Kettch

Best part of the opening is the -Vague Manga Spoiler-
lift scene
. Gives me chills every time. I'll be happy if it's half that epic when it comes up.

Ok, so I just finished watching episode 5 and I have to say I'm really impresed with the way the anime has started. The Titans are creepy and sometimes terrifying in how easily they can overpower the humans.
Yeah, they've done a magnificent job at turning the Titans into zombie-like monstrosities, except they are about as far from cannon fodder as you'll get. In episode 5
I was expecting Eren and co to at least down one of them after his showing against the Colossal Titan, but DEEEEEAAAAD!! Public service announcement to kids: Don't fuck with Titans.

Fou-Lu

So glad this manga is being adapted, it really was meant to be anime with all the fast action, been loving the show. First time I've ever watched an anime as it was coming out though, it's driving me crazy.

Jinaar

Watched all 6 episodes in the last day and a half. Totally engrossed with this show. So many times as a viewer I'm like "Oh I know what's going to happen next." Nope. Didn't see that coming. "Oh a flash back on the two main characters, this is going to just be something that's already been done.... nope."

This is a very raw anime so far.

The titans are probably big enough to dig themselves out, they don't seem totally dim.

How many episodes is this expected to have? Has the manga even been completed yet? Don't wanna wiki it due to spoilers! Thanks

Everyone seemed pretty confident about the walls in the first episode. Also considering we got to see what the nobility is like in this, I imagine they wouldn't care to spend more money/time/effort on something that's already protected them for 100 years.

You know what they say, hind sight is 20/20.

Humans had never encountered a 50m titan until the first attack. And the walls themselves are actually very sturdy its where the gates are located that are the points of weakness.

I suppose they could build kinks and changes of directions into the gated portions of the wall, so that the breach for traffic wouldn't run directly ahead, couldn't be breached in one super rush. More areas of slight weakness, but no areas of glaring weakness. Not sure how that would mesh with wall building technology of the era, but I imagine it could be done. Since they really only want to keep Titans out, it could still be wide enough to let wagons/carts through, but would slow commerce to some degree.

SUPREME1

Banned
Jumping that trench would be a piece of cake.

The trench should be on the outside and line up flush with the wall, so in essence you have a 100m tall wall... begining from the bottom of the trench to the top of the wall. You could even put a bunch of spikes and stuff to make it uncomfortable or even dangerous for the Titans to even been in the trench.

duckroll

The trench should be on the outside and line up flush with the wall, so in essence you have a 100m tall wall... begining from the bottom of the trench to the top of the wall. You could even put a bunch of spikes and stuff to make it uncomfortable or even dangerous for the Titans to even been in the trench.

I don't get it. How are you going to go out and dig such a trench? Who would do it? If you're safe behind the wall, why would you send a ton of people out to die, to build a trench you don't need? How are the people going to get out of the trench after digging it?

Kenai

So I just got done watching episode 5? I think and
the titan with the huge uguu eyes
caused me to spontaneously burst into laughter at what was supposed to be an intense heartwrecking moment. I even understood (I think) why they were like that right after
so it could see the wires yea?
but that was just a weird way to feel.

I really love this anime, it's something special.

So I just got done watching episode 5? I think and
the titan with the huge uguu eyes
caused me to spontaneously burst into laughter at what was supposed to be an intense heartwrecking moment. I even understood (I think) why they were like that right after
so it could see the wires yea?
but that was just a weird way to feel.

I really love this anime, it's something special.

I think the anime is really struggling to really handle some of these moments, Jokes at the wrong time just feel offensive to characters on screen, odd titan designs make it try to be fun when its just serious distressing moments, I mean, people are dying all around, why those designs...doesnt make sense.

Fireblend

Banned
I don't get it. How are you going to go out and dig such a trench? Who would do it? If you're safe behind the wall, why would you send a ton of people out to die, to build a trench you don't need? How are the people going to get out of the trench after digging it?

Well then obviously you build another wall outside of the primary wall designed to protect trench diggers, who'll be working between those two walls. Might as well dig a trench for that one too.

Duh.

Kenai

I think the anime is really struggling to really handle some of these moments, Jokes at the wrong time just feel offensive to characters on screen, odd titan designs make it try to be fun when its just serious distressing moments, I mean, people are dying all around, why those designs...doesnt make sense.

Yea, I think they could have changed the way they looked in other ways.
That design was apparently somewhat faithful to the source material though I guess?
That's just what I've heard though.

They have to know how common of a trope that is. It made me feel rotten to be laughing given the situation the squad was in, but it just happened anyway. I'm kinda glad no one was around to make me feel even more like a psycho but now I'm reading about it from some other posters/on other sites and apparently my reaction wasn't that rare.

So I just noticed in episode 5
when the Colossal Titan vanishes, where it used to be there is a single footprint with two holes on either side of it.

God I love this show.
01laugh.gif

duckroll

Well then obviously you build another wall outside of the primary wall designed to protect trench diggers, who'll be working between those two walls. Might as well dig a trench for that one too.

Duh.

Should just develop a nuke and drop a few on the Titans outside too, amirite. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom