• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

I already raged LAST PAGE because of that (also unmarked) explanation
about how Titans appears
. Manga readers need to understand that we don't know anything and shouldn't be hinting at things or giving away plot points because "it seems obvious". Come on guys.
Jesus Christ, discussing things that appeared in that very episode doesn't count as spoilers. If those are spoilers to you then you should avoid this thread completely.

duckroll

The official english name of Zetsuen No Tempest on the Japanese manga covers is The Civilization Blaster, dunno why they used Blast Of Tempest for the anime.

That's a subtitle actually. It's not a translation of the title or anything. It's Zetsuen no Tempest ~The Civilization Blaster~.

Erigu

Could be a case of the Japanese publisher coming up with a Babelfished title just for the Japanese market, then refusing to back down from it due to branding/pride.
That's what I'm thinking, yeah. Japanese companies can get stupidly stubborn...
"That's the English title we picked in Japan, and that's the English title you're going to use, US branch!"

OP Single cover:
B00C96ZE90.09.MAIN._Vddbb817b-20130409005941-PE2HO-bit-ly-MXVBp_SY6000_SCRMZZZZZZ_.jpg

Good cover, though the song will need to play a bit more before I really dig it, just not something I see myself continually listening to at this point in time.

Kurita

Hope there will be another cover without Shingeki No Kyojin characters on it, like what they did for Psycho-Pass and Zetsuen no Tempest singles by Nothing's Carved In Stone.

duckroll

I don't want Branduil to shout at me again, so for the record, what are the "rules" regarding posting information about upcoming episodes in this thread? I'm sure there would be people interested in what's coming up based on magazine previews and stuff, and comparing them to the manga to see how the adaptation is changing things around. But you know, -fucking spoilers- etc. I don't want to be blamed for starting a spoiler spree again! :p

Branduil

I don't want Branduil to shout at me again, so for the record, what are the "rules" regarding posting information about upcoming episodes in this thread? I'm sure there would be people interested in what's coming up based on magazine previews and stuff, and comparing them to the manga to see how the adaptation is changing things around. But you know, -fucking spoilers- etc. I don't want to be blamed for starting a spoiler spree again! :p

I think it's fine to post upcoming staff and stuff. I'd just put the episode titles and details in spoiler tags.

duckroll

Well, I don't mind as long as it's properly tagged.

Yesss!!! I'M FREE!

Episode 2-5 synopsis/magazine info/stuff (no -major- spoilers):

Looks like they're going to be taking the later manga chapters from ch15 onwards to fill the gap instead of making weird time jumps in the manga.

Ep2 should be the rest of chapter 2 and include Eren and Mikasa joining the army.

Ep3 uses chapter 5's title (A dim light glittering in the hopelessness) but it seems to actually be about Eren's early training and his inability to control the 3D Maneuver Gear instead.

Ep4 uses chapter 3's title, but it's set 3 years after Eren joined the corps, and it continues their training. Apparently Rivai makes his first appearance in the anime here, so there might be some original content.

Ep5 uses chapter 4's title, and seems like it actually matches up with the manga content at this point, where they start their first mission 5 years later.

Erigu

Ep4 uses chapter 3's title, but it's set 3 years after Eren joined the corps, and it continues their training.
Then again, "three years after they joined the corps" = "present day", so even if there's some original content / reshuffling, it should also cover the content of the manga's third episode (besides, with that title, it kinda has to, really).

Branduil

Yesss!!! I'M FREE!

Looks like they're going to be taking the later manga chapters from ch15 onwards to fill the gap instead of making weird time jumps in the manga.

Ep2 should be the rest of chapter 2 and include Eren and Mikasa joining the army.

Ep3 uses chapter 5's title (A dim light glittering in the hopelessness) but it seems to actually be about Eren's early training and his inability to control the 3D Maneuver Gear instead.

Ep4 uses chapter 3's title, but it's set 3 years after Eren joined the corps, and it continues their training. Apparently Rivai makes his first appearance in the anime here, so there might be some original content.

Ep5 uses chapter 4's title, and seems like it actually matches up with the manga content at this point, where they start their first mission 5 years later.

Well, it seems like that should make you happy.
Rivai/Rivaille/Levy/whatever his name is making an early appearance isn't that surprising, he's one of the most popular characters. Gotta please the fangirls.

Ryan_

Welp, just tried to download it (because I'm Belgian and did not find any good link to watch it)
and even though, it's great quality, someone replaced the subtitles with some imaginary conversations about bitcoin, wow clans and sucking dick...

Took me a while to figure it out but yea, kinda dissapointing.

Well, it seems like that should make you happy.
Rivai/Rivaille/Levy/whatever his name is making an early appearance isn't that surprising, he's one of the most popular characters. Gotta please the fangirls.

Yes, Ive been dying to finally encounter that. The only thing I knew of the series before episode one, such good arts.

Decado

Anime with stereotypical whiny/preachy child protagonist #98701.

*sighs* Looks like it could be good, otherwise. Maybe they'll fast forward by 10+ years for episodes 2 onward (he asks hopefully)?

Otherwise the brat will ruin it.

Branduil

Anime with stereotypical whiny/preachy child protagonist #98701.

*sighs* Looks like it could be good, otherwise. Maybe they'll fast forward by 10+ years for episodes 2 onward (he asks hopefully)?

Otherwise the brat will ruin it.

Five years.

Jarmel

Banned
Yesss!!! I'M FREE!

So they did what any sane person would. Bravo. Really happy about this change.

duckroll

Crunchyroll has Attack on Titan too!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-799349/new-spring-titles-attack-on-titan

Attack on Titan will broadcast every Sunday afternoon pacific time starting on April 14 with episode 1, and 2 for premium members - with an exact broadcast time to be confirmed at a later point - to the following territories: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and Ireland. Free users will be able to view Attack on Titan one week after initial broadcast.

Articalys

Man, I don't know what's going on anymore. We've gone from rumors that MBS was intentionally holding out on international streaming rights to two major English streaming sites picking it up on the same day, hours apart. What I would give to know what the hell happened behind the scenes...

duckroll

Man, I don't know what's going on anymore. We've gone from rumors that MBS was intentionally holding out on international streaming rights to two major English streaming sites picking it up on the same day, hours apart. What I would give to know what the hell happened behind the scenes...

Well, it's a delayed simulcast (by over a day I reckon) so maybe that keeps MBS happy. Crunchyroll seems to have licensed it directly from Kodansha though (look at the publisher), so many money was an issue too. The IP is a huge cash cow for Kodansha so I wouldn't be surprised if they were being dicks about it.

Articalys

Well, it's a delayed simulcast (by over a day I reckon) so maybe that keeps MBS happy. Crunchyroll seems to have licensed it directly from Kodansha though (look at the publisher), so many money was an issue too. The IP is a huge cash cow for Kodansha so I wouldn't be surprised if they were being dicks about it.
What route do you think Funi went through? Were the two deals struck completely separately or was it a joint agreement? It was weird how Crunchyroll seemed to be done announcing simulcasts, then suddenly a few hours after Funi's announcement they put up a new "coming soon" simulcast box, then just minutes later announced it as Titan.

duckroll

Beats me. But it seems pretty obvious that everyone and their mom wants this series. An opportunity seems to have opened up and they all rushed for it?

But on funimations site its also by kodansha too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom