• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Episode 02

Eren might be crazier in the anime, I can't decide yet.
Anyway, good episode... I'm glad they seem to be correcting the timeline a bit with the next episode as well since the manga loved to jump all over the place. It feels weird watching the beginning knowing some of the later developments though...

Taruranto

vmN9kPV.jpg

Can Annie's giant nose defeat a Titan?

Akito

Episode 2
Thank you based Mikasa for shutting Eren up for once, I almost hit the mute button during the screaming contest between Eren and Armin. It didn't bother me that much in the manga but Yuuki Kaji was really giving his best there. I like that they will go the chronological route while adding additional scenes that help fleshing out things and also some subtle hints and foreshadowing only manga readers would recognize.
The ED is incredible, although I like the visuals more than the song itself, which is still fine on its own.

RangerBAD

Has this been posted? This guy transcibed the OP in under a week and did an amazing job on the piano. (I'd also like to know what's said at the first of the OP. "Something something be the eagle!")

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Episode 2
Thank you based Mikasa for shutting Eren up for once, I almost hit the mute button during the screaming contest between Eren and Armin. It didn't bother me that much in the manga but Yuuki Kaji was really giving his best there. I like that they will go the chronological route while adding additional scenes that help fleshing out things and also some subtle hints and foreshadowing only manga readers would recognize.
The ED is incredible, although I like the visuals more than the song itself, which is still fine on its own.

Can't wait for some later scenes...

Jarmel

Banned
Episode 2-
I've found this to be a much better episode than the pilot but it still suffers from a few cuts that I don't think flow together, from an editing point of view, as well as they should have. I think they did a fine job fleshing out the second chapter in the manga and the anime-original content they put in, really works in regards to the context of the show. Actually thought this episode was better than the manga counterpart as it really fleshed out attack. Compared to duckroll, I didn't really notice an abuse of still-shots compared to the first episode and while the episode didn't have anything like the opening scene with the Recon force in the first episode, it was still a very good looking episode.
Araki's flair is still here though and he can overblow it a bit such as the priest(or whatever he is) preaching while the town is under attack. He also abuses that dramatic wind flair a bit too much but I think it was a much better display compared to the first episode. I do expect this to be a continuing issue though.
Composition was a bit of a mixed bag but mostly leaning towards the good side. I thought a few of the pieces playing throughout the episode were beautiful such as the one around 5:45 and the one near the end at 19:55. There is also the use of discordant sounds such as static that is used similarly to a horror movie. It works fine for the most part but not as effectively used as say Aku no Hana. That said, the composition does a feel a bit all over the place such as one piece using synths,or something similar anyway.

As for Yuuki Kaji, I flat out just don't think he's a good fit. Eren can be aggravating in the manga but Kaji just takes it to a whole new level and really ruins scenes with his yelling. He really feels the most out-of-place from a VA standpoint of the trio.

Oh and the ED is beautiful until the off CGI Eren model.

RangerBAD

Episode 2

You mean like
showing a young Annie when she shouldn't even be there
? :p

Episode 1-2

The OP and the ED rocks. Soundtrack really gets epic when the Titans are around.

The animation of the Titan is so good and the backgrounds are gorgeous. I got no problems with the CG used.

The VAs are really doing a good job portraying the despair of the characters.

Thats a pretty good start. This adaptation is really an improvement of the original material.

Ep 2

This goes to show how little I remember of this part of the manga. Don't remember that
dream with Eren's dad
at all.

Anyway, another fantastic episode. I was even on the lookout for Araki's direction ruining it, but nope, I thought it was perfect and not melodramatic or over the top to the point of being inappropriate in the slightest. I think they picked right with that guy.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ep 2

This goes to show how little I remember of this part of the manga. Don't remember that
dream with Eren's dad
at all.

Anyway, another fantastic episode. I was even on the lookout for Araki's direction ruining it, but nope, I thought it was perfect and not melodramatic or over the top to the point of being inappropriate in the slightest. I think they picked right with that guy.

That's because it didn't show up that early. See: chapter 3.

Soma

Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 02

Two for two with this adaption so far.

Pretty good follow-up to the first episode and I think it wrapped up the introductory arc well. I'm glad I haven't watched a lot of shows with Yuki Kaji voicing an MC because his voice doesn't bother me all that much here. He plays the part of a bratty, overly ambitious kid well enough and I'm curious to see how well he'll do for the rest of the series. The production values still seem to be pretty great, for the most part. The
Armored Titan's
introduction was fantastic. The bombastic soundtrack accompanying the scene definitely improved an already memorable scene.

I really do enjoy both the OP and the ED for this show, visually and even musically.

also AWWW YEAAAAAH NEXT WEEK GET HYPE

Episode 2 was pretty good. I can't wait for episode 3.

Half of me wants to jump into the manga right now, the other half wants to keep everything that happens a surprise. But that half also recognizes that I'm likely to spoil the show for myself before the anime finishes.

RangerBAD

Episode 2 was pretty good. I can't wait for episode 3.

Half of me wants to jump into the manga right now, the other half wants to keep everything that happens a surprise. But that half also recognizes that I'm likely to spoil the show for myself before the anime finishes.

You'll have to read it sometime because you know the anime will end before the manga so there will be a non-canonical ending.

I'm not that much of an anime fan, but it feels good to have to wait every week for an episode again. Unfortunately, I spoiled myself a bit about the story by reading up general information on the manga, but I'm enjoying the anime series immensely.

There's one part that was a little confusing for me, though:

Episodes One and Two Spoilers
What exactly was going on with Eren's dream? The subtitles I had mentioned Eren saying something like, "You've been acting weird since Mom died." But I thought he hasn't spoken to his father since the attack. Was it a weird premonition, or am I just confused?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm not that much of an anime fan, but it feels good to have to wait every week for an episode again. Unfortunately, I spoiled myself a bit about the story by reading up general information on the manga, but I'm enjoying the anime series immensely.

There's one part that was a little confusing for me, though:

Episodes One and Two Spoilers
What exactly was going on with Eren's dream? The subtitles I had mentioned Eren saying something like, "You've been acting weird since Mom died." But I thought he hasn't spoken to his father since the attack. Was it a weird premonition, or am I just confused?

Well, it's a massive spoiler that will get explained later on... but if you really want to know I can tell you now.

RangerBAD

Not necessarily. They could just end it wherever and make more seasons down the line.

The problem is there aren't many good stopping points.

Not generally what happens with these kinds of shows, but it could happen. It's just not likely unless the manga ends in the next few months. I'm just having bad memories of Zetman.

Yeah, I wouldn't want fillers on this show. It's pretty atypical for shounen.

Not generally what happens with these kinds of shows, but it could happen. It's just not likely unless the manga ends in the next few months. I'm just having bad memories of Zetman.

Yeah, I wouldn't want fillers on this show. It's pretty atypical for shounen.

The difference between this and many other adaptations is this is actually expected to do very well. It's based on a very successful property and got itself a nice timeslot.

I think more seasons is definitely a possibility if it sells well.

Oh wow the manga art is so ugly lol. Well its not that bad, but this anime certainly took it a step up. Such beautiful art thus far.

Episode 2
This episode was pretty much spot-on with the manga with a very nice set of scenes that made the beginning quite dramatical while using later events for some forshadowing ( such as late characters buried in some plans or appearing quickly .

The result is highly enjoyable.

Shingeki_no_Kyojin_-_02.jpg

Well it's gross and disgussing

Will they keep the good work all the way with such a delicious attention to detail ? Only time will tell but i sure hope so.

Mesoian

I'm just glad they're not rushing. They seem to be taking their time making their points, getting the ideals of the characters across and making sure the gravitas of the situation is being expressed. I was worried this would get the Magi treatment and they would just skip entire volumes, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Delicious attention to detail? His statement of the Titans eating is some crucial detail?

Lol no ... The statement already has a sentence for it in the quote ..

The "delicous attention to detail" is on the setting they use .. i feel that they did a pretty good job regarding the manga that's all . Will they keep doing that ? i sure hope so.

Dennis

Banned
Episode 2 - great stuff.

Haven't been this invested in an anime since FMA.

Time absolutely flies by watching this and I am like "oh hell naw, another week has to go by now!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom