• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ATTN: New York area retro gamers! Sat Aug 13 - retro gaming con on Long Island

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
LIRGEXPO-SITE3-1.jpg

Last year was the first annual Long Island Retro Gaming expo, and it was a pretty big hit! Lots of people, a large vendor area with tons of classic games and memorabilia for sale, tons of CRT TVs and classic systems hooked up, tournaments and other contests, and a small museum of assorted rare game collectibles.

News broadcast of last year's expo

This Saturday, August 13, will be the second year and I hope to see some of you NYers there (or anyone from out of town that's in the area)! It will be held at the UpSky Long Island Hotel (110 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway, Hauppauge, NY 11788), about 40 miles east of midtown Manhattan.

Tickets are $20 the day of the show, $15 in advance (or $18 if you want a limited Early Bird ticket which allows entry an hour earlier).

This year it's expected to be even bigger and better! Some of the neat stuff they will have:

-an information panel on the Sharp X68000, an extremely powerful (for the time) Japanese-only computer that played host to a ton of amazing arcade ports and original games. I will be co-hosting this panel, doing all the game playing, so you can come and laugh at my Castlevania skills :p

-a DJ playing a vast assortment of familiar and obscure retro game music (I hear this guy is good...
yup it's me
)

-panels hosted by the CheapAssGamer, the Stone Age Gamer, and PeteDorr (of Pete's Game Room youtube fame)

-a small museum with various classic systems and games - featuring the Nintendo PlayStation in the flesh

-cosplay contests

-a section devoted to homebrew games for various retro consoles

-tournaments for Melee, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Goldeneye, Halo, Shaq Fu (lol) and more! Win various prizes!

-a large vendor's room stocked with tons of great retro games and memorabilia

The website:

http://expo.liretro.com/

Top Bottom