• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

strobogo

Banned
I have to agree. He always seemed either very manic or very subdued in from of a camera. Never anywhere in the middle. Dude partied hard in the 70s and 80s. I'm sure he still dealt with those demons every day. A coke addiction like the one he was supposed to have during that time will inevitably screw up your brain chemistry. Undoubtedly he probably had been throwing countless numbers of prescription drugs at the issue and eventually they stop working or the person stops taking them.

Depression is an ugly thing. A mostly secretive thing that is easy to hide even from people closest to you until you sprial. Trust me I know all about depression I've battled it for 10+ years. You go one of 2 ways. You get through it and realize life is ok. Or you kill yourself. It's nearly impossible to live your entire life depressed that shit will eat at you until it kills you.

I'm sad for his wife and his kids. Killing yourself is the ultimate selfish act.

This I'm sure isn't the thread for this, but I completely disagree unless you have babies or something.

I never liked his standup much but mork and mindy was the shit back in the day.

He made a metric shitpile of good flicks too.

Robin Williams fave five

1. World's Greatest Dad
2. One Hour Photo
3. Insomnia
4. Good Will Hunting
5. Death to Smoochy

HM
Dead Poets Society
Good Morning Vietnam

DiscoJon

Banned
It would fucking rain while raw is going to be on, looks like it will be a hulu week for me.

https://twitter.com/MrBrandonStroud/status/498976077583503363

ibp7Cz4UUIqTc7.gif

BHZ Mayor

I'm debating getting tickets for the Raw after Night of Champions. How long does it usually take decent seats to sell out? I wanna get an estimate on how long I have to make a decision. Also, I really, really wanna see a Rock/Brock 2, Rock getting gassed be damned.

This I'm sure isn't the thread for this, but I completely disagree unless you have babies or something.

I see your point and for a long time I would have agreed with it. But now I see it as selfish. The people that love you have to live with your death and pick up the pieces. All the bullshit a person deals with when depressed just threw all of that back onto their loved ones. Suicide is totally selfish. It's a cop out. I can't deal with life so I'll just end it.

Of course there are exceptions to that rule but it's my opinion.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

$9.99
$9.99
$9.99

I never liked his standup much but mork and mindy was the shit back in the day.

He made a metric shitpile of good flicks too.

Robin Williams fave five

1. World's Greatest Dad
2. One Hour Photo
3. Insomnia
4. Good Will Hunting
5. Death to Smoochy

HM
Dead Poets Society
Good Morning Vietnam

My personal fave five = my childhood

Aladdin
Hook
Mrs. doubtfire
Jumanji
One Hour Photo

Group hug, guys.

Gorillaz

that superhero family movie was kinda of terrible
So was RV

but they were "good" terrible like, wow this is kind of bad but still has some sort of heart to it

edit: maybe he didn't do a superhero family movie......

strobogo

Banned
What a surprise, a bunch of posts about how shocked people are that a rich guy could have depression, and if he did, he should have had the means to fix it.

njean777

Well at least somebody has to suffer with me, though I am not gonna be able to watch it until tomorrow anyways since my family does not like wrestling.

No RAW for me damn internet is down at this shithole truckstop in Denver so I live vicariously through wrasslegaf on my phone.

I can predict raw though

$9.99
Happy Bday Hulk $9.99
$9.99
$9.99
$9.99
$9.99
$9.99
$9.99
Cena, Brock, and $9.99

Top Bottom