• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Past

Tonight is the last RAW before Summerslam right? Something interesting better happen this week, last few weeks honestly felt like fillers except for the Steph/Brie feud.

Bwahaha, don't bootleg Preston City Wrestling DVDs, or they'll come pay you a visit;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rnYZd6GvKI

Cringe worthy. I can't believe the lad actually gave him the DVDs instead of just telling him to do one.

I posted this over the weekend, the owner had been hyping it and I was a bit disappointed when I saw it.

In all honesty the PCW owner doesn't ever come across well he's got hugely arrogant, always goes out in a suit what's that all about?

Also if you dare to ask a question about the product you invariably get a cocky response.

I wouldn't mind but the DVDs have come out before faulty and with no commentary and he still acted arsey when people questioned it.

Why do I get the feeling this Hulk Hogan celebration is going to overshadow the rest of the show tonight? It's bad enough WWE has poorly built up SummerSlam this year. They need be giving us reasons to actually watch the "Special Event" on Sunday instead of this. I don't mind the Hogan birthday celebration, but it shouldn't be the key focus tonight.

VoxPop

Why do I get the feeling this Hulk Hogan celebration is going to overshadow the rest of the show tonight? It's bad enough WWE has poorly built up SummerSlam this year. They need be giving us reasons to actually watch the "Special Event" on Sunday instead of this. I don't mind the Hogan birthday celebration, but it shouldn't be the key focus tonight.

Unless we get to see Brock in all his ferocity destroy Hogan and leave him in a bloody heap leading into SSlam.

Zach

Deadspin said:
Nothing is more real—and more obscured by the smoke and mirrors of the mat—than a simple fact: the billion dollar spectacle of pro wrestling relies entirely on the ruthless economic, mental, and physical exploitation of its performers.

Yeah, this is what I find unsettling about wrestling... and the whole Chris Benoit thing made it really easy to completely ignore it for a long while. But I think mainstream wrestling is trying to protect folks a bit more. You can argue that it's not out of pure benevolence, but WWE seems to be taking a much better approach at caring for its performers -- new and old -- these days.

somedevil

How has it been poorly built? This is the first time we had a card built out before the final week. Last year was a two match show with a bunch of filler. Also, the show is ending with Brock and Cena.

strobogo

Banned

Seems like a pretty well built show to me. Bork/Cena hasn't had much build, but it really doesn't need to. Rusev/Swagger has been going on for about 2 months and this will likely be the blow off gimmick match. Brie/Steph has been building since June, but is really an extension of Authority vs Bryan, which started at last year's Summerslam. Rollins/Dean has been going on for months. Paige/AJ started the day after WM, restarted when AJ came back and kicked into high gear over the last 2-3 weeks.

Orton/Reigns is iffy. It could be Roman vs Kane with the same build. It's one of the better built up PPVs for WWE for quite a while. I'm assuming Ziggler/Miz will probably happen, or the rumored Dolph/Sheamus/Miz unification match as well.

Trying to get those nostalgia Network buys considering it launches internationally tomorrow. That's all it is for, I bet.

Vylash

According to PWInsider.com, members of the WWE creative team were cut last week, including WWE Senior Vice President of Creative Eddie Feldmann. Anywhere from 3-5 members of the creative staff were let go.

tg4X0GI.jpg

That's what you get for publicly 'liking' WWE

Eh, I don't have a problem with it normally and sometimes I see stuff I'd have missed otherwise. This new change though, ugh. I really didn't need to hear the start of "Roman Reigns 30 Second Fury" loudly playing in the background.

Which is a funny video in and of itself, considering they already did a 30 Second Fury of his spear a few months ago. Whatever.

DMczaf

In the Age of Brock, you no longer have creative teams to carry your lazy asses. They cost too much money, come up with up your own storylines and characters.

ihsnFwCmnMPX7.gif

strobogo

Banned
One of my favorite arcade games:

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. There was only one place I ever saw a cabinet, which was at Union Station in Indy. So anytime we went to a Pacers game, we'd go there and I'd have to get a stool to stand on to be able to play it.

One of my favorite arcade games:

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. There was only one place I ever saw a cabinet, which was at Union Station in Indy. So anytime we went to a Pacers game, we'd go there and I'd have to get a stool to stand on to be able to play it.
That was a cool game. I used to play at nickle nickle.

Top Bottom