• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Second match was actually pretty fun, Jimmy Jacobs & Danny Daniels vs Chris Hero & Alex Shelley. I forgot how shitty Hero's offence was before he learned how to do strikes, but he and Shelley do some good work on Jacobs arm before Daniels makes the hot tag. The final stretch is a bit of a finish clusterfuck, but Hero eventually picks up the win on Jacobs after turning a Sliced Bread attempt into the Hero's welcome. I liked Danny Daniels - little personality, but he was real solid in the ring.

Daniels.gif

Shelley.gif

Carnby

Dean Ambrose as an action movie star could actually work. People would believe that he can kick butt and get the girl, unlike Miz. Which is why he is rescuing his niece the the Marine movies. No one would believe he would have a wife and child.

Cagey

Banned
I spent about 20.00 in amazon coins and still can't win most matches. I need one good diva card to balance the odds :/

Fired it up last night and got a rare Big John Studd and then my first winnings selection was a rare Eva Marie.

Crushed fools.

Can we all agree that WWE SuperCard will likely end up saving the company from financial ruin? What a turnaround.

Hit the IWC in the weakspot: free-to-play fun-and-playful freemium games. $9.99/month for a PPV and back catalogue is highway robbery, but $25 for digital cards is a steal breh. Practically giving it away.

Raw64life

I'm 83-17 through my first 100 matches and I'd probably be damn near undefeated if an uncommon Summer Rae wasn't my best Diva card. I'm currently rocking a super rare Cody Rhodes and a rare HHH, Austin and Rock.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boots I would like a before/after pic comparison of the condition of that mat after the show.

Boots I would like a before/after pic comparison of the condition of that mat after the show.

Will do, although it's hard to imagine it looking any worse.

I had to take a break after the 3rd match, it was so bad. Mark Wolf vs Josiah Caine - neither guy looked like a wrestler and everything they attempted was so, so shitty.

Wolf.gif

Kornflayx

¡HarlequinPanic!;125514248 said:
Just don't eat the whole pint in one go, you don't want to end up as a bull dempsey!

God no, I've been eating that pint over the last 5 days. I'm not some undisciplined oaf

Oh god, the 4th match. This one definitely ranks high on the hilarity scale - Yellowjacket & JV Insanity are two scrawny newcomers looking to get a shot in IWA-MS, but they're in the ring with Jay Bradley and Ryan Boz, who waste no time in hitting them very hard. It's obvious the noobs have no place being there, but they persist anyway;

Bradley_Boz.gif

The one chance bargain basement Nakamura JV Insanity gets to show off his stuff, he does this, probably the worst dropkick attempt ever;

JB_Insanity.gif

Then he gets fucking lariatooooooo'd to death;

Bradley_Boz1.gif

Next match features Arik Cannon wearing the most garbage bag-inspired indie wrestling gear I've ever seen.

I have no words;

Cannon.gif

Match wasn't terrible, other than whatever the fuck that spot is above. Ian offers both guys more IWA-MS bookings post-match, "Hey assholes, d'you want a fuckin job?".

jred2k

Looking at those IWA MS gifs makes me think I don't appreciate good wrestling as much as I should. I've never spent much time watching true garbage wrestling so my 1-10 scale probably truly starts at around 4 or 5.

Corporal Robinson vs Purple Haze sucked, shocking I know. Haze isn't the same one from the 80's NWA, just some jobber. Corp invites Haze outside the ring to start the match, but Haze makes to walk out the door. Corp gives chase and corners him, offering him a free shot which has zero effect. Corp scores with a nutslap before going to work, but Haze thumbs him in the eye and takes him to the ring for some mat wrestling. It's bad. Corp's so bad. He lariats the shit out of Haze, hits a brainbuster, grabs a chair and beats Haze with it for a while before pinning him with a slingshot legdrop over a chair.

Corp1.gif

Corp.gif

Incidentally, what a collection of entrance music so far. Disturbed, Linkin Park, Nazareth, Rage Against the Machine, ICP, some other shitty nu-metal, buttrock I can't name. So awful.

So TNA moving to Wednesday's not just because of Smackdown but because of the heavy fall tv schedule.

Sounds like they will indeed strike a deal with Spike afterall. Lol at the haters. Lol at the dirtsheetz

Jason Lancaster vs Jared Lancaster was abysmal - two twins who look like and probably are backyarders, wrestling this super-rehearsed 3 minute match they probably figured out on their trampoline, before Cash Flo comes out and destroys them. Nate Webb takes exception and makes fun of Cash Flo's weight after he said the Lancaster kids had no business being in the ring. Cash charges, but Nate Webb gets the better of him before bailing. Presumably awful match coming between those two later on.

Rocker Dropper;

Lancaster.gif

Impeccable form on that dropkick, Webb dumping himself on the back of his own head;

Webb.gif

What year was this IWA-MS show taped?

2003 - it was a benefit show, I believe. Six hours long. Here's the card;

01. Ian Rotten vs Simon Sezz
02. Danny Daniels & Jimmy Jacobs vs Alex Shelley & Chris Hero
03. Mark Wolf vs Josiah Kain
04. Brad Bradley & Ryan Boz vs Yellow Jacket & JB Insanity
05. "Anarchist" Arik Cannon vs "Kaos" Cody ONeill
06. Corporal Robinson vs Purple Haze
07. Jason Lancaster vs Jared Lancaster
08. Steve Stone vs Cameron Cage
09. Adam Evans vs Trik Davis
10. Chandler McClure vs Justin Kage
11. "Spyder" Nate Webb vs Cash Flo
12. Nigel McGuinness vs Jimmy Jacobs
13. Carlton Kaz vs Jeremy Madrox
14. Hy-Zaya vs Simon Sezz
15. J.C. Bailey & Ian Rotten vs Frankie the Face & "Anarchist" Arik Cannon
16. Brad Bradley vs "Kaos" Cody ONeill
17. Shaq Daddy vs Josiah Kain
18. Kappa Tappa Kegga vs Simon Sezz & Hy-Zaya
19. Chris Hero vs Alex Shelley
20. Jared Lancaster vs Jason Lancaster
21. Hailey vs Ponchmagnus (Intergender Match)
22. "Poison" Apollo Starr vs Corporal Robinson
23. J.C. Bailey vs Jimmy Jacobs
24. Swiss Money Holding (Ares & Double C) vs Mark Wolf & Chris Hero
25. Ian Rotten vs Corporal Robinson - Fans Bring the Weapons (with bonus backstage footage after the match)

Top Bottom