• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I only started watching in 2011 but if anyone here has seen 2008-2011 is the product so bad right now you would rather not watch compared to those years? I hear those years were pretty bad...Even for two hour shows.

It's more that it's just draining on my psyche, and I can't take much of it anymore. There have been too few upswings to get me back interested. It's not even radically bad. I'd enjoy it if it was that, even if it wouldn't last. It's just boring, it's tedious, it's uninteresting. Wrestling is so boring, and wrestling is supposed to lack subtlety so me saying it's boring is about the worst possible thing I can say about wrestling.

The current product is boring. And no amount of good matches will change that when I have no investment in the characters involved.

XB9UMxp%2B%281%29.jpg

Aw yeah.
Pro Wrestling Is Fake, But Its Race Problem Isn't

UberTag

I'm curious what kind of internal tools WWE uses to measure whether or not wrestlers like Bo Dallas are "over as fuck." I doubt they're just going by their gut instincts alone at this point. Surely they use ratings metrics, HUT numbers, web analytics, merch sales etc. to soullessly end careers.
The only metric that matters is whether Vince is entertained or not.

Mengetsu

Things have been pretty shitty these last few months that I am reminded of the 2007-2009 doldrums, the one thing the present has going for it over those years is you tend to get a much higher frequency of good to great matches across the year.

It's more that it's just draining on my psyche, and I can't take much of it anymore. There have been too few upswings to get me back interested. It's not even radically bad. I'd enjoy it if it was that, even if it wouldn't last. It's just boring, it's tedious, it's uninteresting. Wrestling is so boring, and wrestling is supposed to lack subtlety so me saying it's boring is about the worst possible thing I can say about wrestling.

The current product is boring. And no amount of good matches will change that when I have no investment in the characters involved.

I can agree with all this. I mean now a days I watch but it's just background noise most times and I don't care for much of what's happening unless I really like the characters namely Ambrose, Rollins and NXT people. Sigh..Seems like since Punk left and Bryan got injured it's just all went down hill for me in watching but I keep doing so because it's just a hobby now.

Edit:
TNA has announced the following for next week's Hardcore Justice themed episode of Impact Wrestling, which will be the first Wednesday night show for TNA:

* Dixie Carter will be interviewed by Mike Tenay about going through the table
Lol

RP912

Banned
I swear the only match that matters on summerslam 96 was the boiler room brawl.

Ron Simmons looking like the lost descendant of Sector and Cyrax :/

RP912

Banned
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Kinda figured bo was not on Vince's radar. Dude is the epitome of what a heel should be like in 2014....annoying, cringeworthy, and their promos mean well.

Dude was awesome with that DBry exchange but I guess he was a BOner :/

He has written some of the greatest wrestling themes of all time but I never really liked Jimmy Hart.

When was the last time he did anything that wasnt just hanging around Hulk Hogan? He do anything interesting in WCW?

RP912

Banned
He has written some of the greatest wrestling themes of all time but I never really liked Jimmy Hart.

When was the last time he did anything that wasnt just hanging around Hulk Hogan? He do anything interesting in WCW?

He managed the dungeon of doom *shrugs*

They needed all the help they can get :/

Looking at the card artwork for Daniel Bryan's cards in WWE Super Card, compared to everyone else's is hilarious. It's like they consulted Dr Duncan to make him look as bad as possible. There's probably a few shareholders in here that feel this is a deliberate effort to berry him and while ordinarily I thumb my nose at those people, I would have to agree. They just look so comically terrible.

Mengetsu

Bitter or HHH with the cism?

The former personal ring announcer of Alberto Del Rio also revealed that Triple H never referred to him by his name, but as "Bumblebee," an overweight Latino cartoon character on The Simpsons who dresses in a bumblebee costume and is portrayed as a spoof on common American stereotypes of Mexican pop culture.

"#BumbleBee was his name for me… Don't even think he ever knew my real name," Rodriguez stated.

Verendus

Banned
I played Double Double E.

I don't know what to say about it though. I've always played it local multiplayer with 3-6 people. This was probably the first one on one match I've had in 8 years.

Game feels different. But so did WWE 2K14 when I first played it after WWE 13. Then I realised they're not that different at all. My initial impression is that I'm not that impressed. I mean it's okay, but it does seem like the same game. But the problem is, what I want to know can't be answered with this demo.

Are there improvements to the HIAC, Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber and TLC matches in terms of interactivity? Are the match options fully customisable so that I can create a Fatal Four Way Last Man Standing Elimination match for example? And so on. These are the things I'm really interested in. Anyway, graphics on the wrestlers and ring are good. Crowd, announcers and the rest look terrible. Animations seem better here and there, but it's pretty clear the base is still the same since the old stuff is present. Mini-game they've introduced is crap. I didn't know what I was doing, and it's not like I'm going to read your damn prompts when I'm busy as shit.

Only a couple of jobbers were playable. No Batista, Rock or Triple H. I'm also deathly curious as to whether they're finally going to give us 2004-2005 Eddie Guerrero instead of the 'Latino Heat' one.

I'm sincerely going to create a document and drop it at Yukes when I'm in Japan later this year. Just goddamn man, what I want is not too much and it shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Gonzalez

Banned
I'm sincerely going to create a document and drop it at Yukes when I'm in Japan later this year. Just goddamn man, what I want is not too much and it shouldn't be too hard to implement.

While your there could you go down to the offices of Spike Chunsoft and drop a document there too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I played Double Double E.

I don't know what to say about it though. I've always played it local multiplayer with 3-6 people. This was probably the first one on one match I've had in 8 years.

Game feels different. But so did WWE 2K14 when I first played it after WWE 13. Then I realised they're not that different at all. My initial impression is that I'm not that impressed. I mean it's okay, but it does seem like the same game. But the problem is, what I want to know can't be answered with this demo.

Are there improvements to the HIAC, Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber and TLC matches in terms of interactivity? Are the match options fully customisable so that I can create a Fatal Four Way Last Man Standing Elimination match for example? And so on. These are the things I'm really interested in. Anyway, graphics on the wrestlers and ring are good. Crowd, announcers and the rest look terrible. Animations seem better here and there, but it's pretty clear the base is still the same since the old stuff is present. Mini-game they've introduced is crap. I didn't know what I was doing, and it's not like I'm going to read your damn prompts when I'm busy as shit.

Only a couple of jobbers were playable. No Batista, Rock or Triple H. I'm also deathly curious as to whether they're finally going to give us 2004-2005 Eddie Guerrero instead of the 'Latino Heat' one.

Damn so we still waiting on 1997 Mullet Eddie huh...

Mengetsu

WTFrick, 5 Super Rare cards with less than 200 matches? I have about 250 and am still trucking along with my lone maxed out super rare Jake Roberts.

I spent $20.00 in Amazon Coins I got for free awhile back from that GAF exploit. Still don't help as you can see I need a Diva cause I always lose that match up :/

Looking at the release of Alberto Del Rio a week later, you have to be happy for the guy. Now that he is on the open market, Del Rio can garner the most money out of any independent wrestler thanks to his WWE past. Is there any former WWE Champions in free agency right now? No. Once Del Rio gets fully cleared to compete elsewhere, the money will pour in. TNA was rumored to have already contacted Del Rio, who would insert Del Rio into the main event picture immediately. Do not rule out Ring of Honor and AAA in acquiring Del Rio’s services. ROH is always looking to make a big splash and Del Rio started his wrestling career in AAA. It would not be a surprise if he would want to finish his career where it started.

Alucard

Banned
For ROH fans:

BREAKING NEWS - RAYMOND ROWE OUT OF ACTION...

We have just received word that current ROH star, one half of the tag team War Machine, RAYMOND ROWE was involved in a serious motorcycle accident. His injuries include severe bruising, lacerations. He also sustained a broken arm that will require surgery and rehabilitation. We at Rowe's ROH family - wrestlers and fans - are incredibly grateful he will make a full recovery.

Unfortunately, Rowe will be out of action indefinitely while he rehabilitates. While there is currently no set date for his return, Rowe has sworn he'll be back stronger and better than ever! We will have all updates here on rohwrestling.com.

Beard-Bros-Hanson-Rowe.jpg

----------

A motorcycle accident. Ouch. I hope he fully recovers. A shame because War Machine were starting to pick up steam.

I spent $20.00 in Amazon Coins I got for free awhile back from that GAF exploit. Still don't help as you can see I need a Diva cause I always lose that match up :/

Level her up to maximum, pull a second AJ Lee uncommon card and level that up to maximum, then combine the two and level the Pro card to maximum.

Not sure if it works on uncommon cards but in the gaming thread, someone was able to get a crazy stat boost on a Pro Rare Undertaker card by following that method, basically made him a Super Rare.

Verendus

Banned
I now hope Cena beats Lesnar on Sunday, even though there is about a 1% chance of that happening. He is truly the underdog now. Overcoming the odds has never meant more than it does this Sunday.

Mengetsu

Level her up to maximum, pull a second AJ Lee uncommon card and level that up to maximum, then combine the two and level the Pro card to maximum.

Not sure if it works on uncommon cards but in the gaming thread, someone was able to get a crazy stat boost on a Pro Rare Undertaker card by following that method, basically made him a Super Rare.

I saw this but I haven't bumped into another Uncommon card of AJ she was my only one. I keep getting Summer and Tamina commons :(

Looking at the release of Alberto Del Rio a week later, you have to be happy for the guy. Now that he is on the open market, Del Rio can garner the most money out of any independent wrestler thanks to his WWE past. Is there any former WWE Champions in free agency right now? No. Once Del Rio gets fully cleared to compete elsewhere, the money will pour in. TNA was rumored to have already contacted Del Rio, who would insert Del Rio into the main event picture immediately. Do not rule out Ring of Honor and AAA in acquiring Del Rio’s services. ROH is always looking to make a big splash and Del Rio started his wrestling career in AAA. It would not be a surprise if he would want to finish his career where it started.

I would love to see him in TNA, just to see how he cuts promos. I feel like WWE limited him alot in what he said.

Top Bottom