• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Vylash

im8fx0PLg3enB.gif

He is the better hollywood movie star

RP912

Banned
Meanwhile Vince Russo is back on the NewLegacyInc charity stream and was just told about the Lego Deathmatch.

http://www.hitbox.tv/newlegacyinc

More swerves :)

How the fuck are you doing a roster reveal and DON'T REVEAL THE ENTIRE ROSTER?

And some of the picks didn't make any fucking sense! Justin Gabriel? Tamina? Why not people actually on TV right now?

Usually yukes does the roster around wrestlemania time unfortunately...so by the time you get the game half the roster is outdated as hell.

2kaulity

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to come up with the Lego Deathmatch idea - it's hard to relate to a dude getting hit with light-tubes, or thrown through barbedwire, but everyone can relate to stepping on Lego.

Heel

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to come up with the Lego Deathmatch idea - it's hard to relate to a dude getting hit with light-tubes, or thrown through barbedwire, but everyone can relate to stepping on Lego.

Could have sworn I've seen this before.

strobogo

Banned
I don't feel like that's saying much.

Dude is a good wrestler but he's so boring and had the worst look forever.

He still has a pretty bad look. A leather vest that looks 3 sizes too big for him, airbrushed tights/kick pads that look to be scales and chains. And super low rent regardless.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm surprised how Tyson survived the Release Purge, tbh. That Total Divas connection.

It's like the NXT thing about American Wolves, 'I've got plenty of guys that can work. I need you to do more than that.'

Recall

This DVD arrived yesterday so gave it a watch today and wanted to write a little something about it.

WWE Backlash 2007
1) Jeff & Matt Hardy (c) vs. Trevor Murdoch & Lance Cade (WWE Tag Title Match)
Rating: Grade B – Fun and exciting, lots of team work with both teams looking strong making for an ideal PPV opener especially with the extremely over Hardy’s picking up the win.

2) Melina (c) vs. Mickie James (WWE Women’s Title Match)
Rating: Grade C – Perfectly acceptable match. Melina went above and beyond heeling it up and it resulted in a far more competitive match than one would expect.

3) Chris Benoit (c) vs. MVP (WWE United States Championship Match)
Rating: Grade B – Technically sound and hard worked match, lacked a little urgency in the start but pulled it all together by the end.

4) Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Umaga, Shane McMahon & Vince McMahon (3 on 1 Handicap Match for the ECW World Title)
Rating: Grade D – It was what you would expect from a handicap match, and just did nothing for anyone. It didn’t even have any big spots and as a match was totally forgettable unless you count burying Lashely memorable.

5) The Undertaker (c) vs. Batista (Last Man Standing Match for the World Heavyweight Championship)
Rating: Grade A – An excellent fight that really captured the essence of the match stipulation, that it was seemingly impossible to keep the other down. Both hit each other with their big moves and each got up every time and even a bump off the stage wasn’t enough to decide a victor. Really enjoyable and even with the finish they gave us it was still extremely satisfying.

6) John Cena (c) vs. Edge vs. Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels (Fatal 4 Way Match for the WWE Championship)
Rating: Grade A – There was so much energy that it was impossible not to be wrapped up in the contest, bodies everywhere and not a single lull in momentum. Everything just meshed and it created something really special. What a great fatal 4 way that managed to vastly exceed my own expectations.

Overall: For a PPV that looked totally passable on paper turned out to be something quite special especially with those final two matches being as good as they were. Everyone tried and it totally paid off, even with the poor ECW title match it still all flowed so seamlessly and made for a genuine fun watch.

Top Bottom