• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Man, I found out I have the same neck injury as Santino. My choices are to live with it or have a neck fusion surgery. I'm gonna tough it out. Not sure how this happened. I never took that many back bumps in the ring when I was training.

Fusion surgery isn't that bad. Not sure how it is on the neck but I had it done 2 years ago on my lower back and I haven't felt this good since I was 20 and I'm 34. I had 3 really badly herniated disc with the middle vertebrae moving around a few cm left and right. It would bring me to my knees when it was bad and mildly painful 24/7. Had the fusion and other than losing a bit of range of motion in my back it feels get. I can work, sit for hours driving (couldn't go more than 4 hours sitting in a car or truck), I can run and work out again, and finally feel normal for the first time in years.

Took me about 8-10 weeks to feel good and another month or 2 of PT to be back to 100%. I put off having it done for way too long but fear really kept me from doing it.

Not sure how painful yours is right now but it's only going to get worse with age.

BvF99A-CcAA9lJC.jpg:large

BvFiYQACUAIz89O.jpg:large

BvF5c5CCQAMffVm.jpg:large

BvLxk2HCcAEpl1Z.jpg:large

Should of asked him to give ya a stunner

Fusion surgery isn't that bad. Not sure how it is on the neck but I had it done 2 years ago on my lower back and I haven't felt this good since I was 20 and I'm 34. I had 3 really badly herniated disc with the middle vertebrae moving around a few cm left and right. It would bring me to my knees when it was bad and mildly painful 24/7. Had the fusion and other than losing a bit of range of motion in my back it feels get. I can work, sit for hours driving (couldn't go more than 4 hours sitting in a car or truck), I can run and work out again, and finally feel normal for the first time in years.

Took me about 8-10 weeks to feel good and another month or 2 of PT to be back to 100%. I put off having it done for way too long but fear really kept me from doing it.

Not sure how painful yours is right now but it's only going to get worse with age.

Well the bone is tightening around the nerves and it's causing my bones to pop quite a bit in my shoulders and back. Pain wasn't too bad until I started working out again and then it flared up again. The bad thing is I can't really work out right now due to it other than some cardio. Also I have a feeling it is also causing me to have like a throbbing sensation in my head once in a while, mostly when looking at computer screens. For some reason I would be more comfortable with it being in my lower back, but being in my neck has me scared about it.

Only 8 matches left on the IWA-MS mess. First up Simon Sezz & Hy-Zaya have teamed up after their earlier match to take on two middle-aged frat boys, Kappa Tappa Kegga. The fat one takes a spill out of the ring and lands face first, huge slap of skin on concrete. The flippy dudes take early control, hitting both their dives well, but the frat guys brawl with them through the crowd and suplex Zaya into a door a couple of times. Back in the ring they put Simon into a tree of woe then the fat guy goes for a jumping headbutt but just lands on his face. Zaya returns to make the save and flippy dudes go to work. Hy-Zaya fucking KILLS himself on a swanton bomb for the win. JEEEEEZUS!!! That match sucked, lol. Super awkward segment post-match as Ian runs down the frat dudes and tells them about the real meaning of 4:20. He then says that if they cut out their stupid shit and turn up on time next Saturday he'll give them a job. They never turned up.

Sezz_Zaya.gif
Hy_Zaya2.gif

Chris Hero vs Alex Shelley! I'm actually looking forward to this. Wrist-lock exchange to start off. Hero does a flippy lucha escape. Ugh. Real fast counter-for-counter stuff on the mat until Hero scores with a cravate takedown. Shelley rolls it into a pin for a 2. Hero returns to the cravate, but Shelley just suplexes his out of it. Indie respect stand-off. Test of strength, but Shelley drops down, kicks out a hand and trips Hero into an inverted cross-face. Smooth. Hero headscissors free but Shelley kips out and arm drags him back to the mat. Goofy headstand escape from Hero. Another stand off. Shelley puts on a weird submission that's like a figure four mixed with a truck hitch. Looks dumb. Hero reverses the polarity and Shelley gets to the ropes. He grabs a side-headlock takedown, but Hero flops out of it Johnny Saint-style. He tries to do the Lady of the Lake, but Shelley just stomps on his face. Hah. Crowd are falling asleep, they want to see MOVEZZZZZ!! Shelley responds, shooting Hero into the rope and hitting a big enziguri.

He hammerlocks Hero and slams him back into the mat. Shelley charges, but eats a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker and both guys are down. Hero gets to his feet first and hits a shitty doublestomp for 2. Arm-trap vertical suplex for another near-fall. Crowd are really dead at this point, except for one girl who keeps half-heartedly shouting "C'mon, Chris". Hero gets tough and starts slapping the shit out of Shelley, who responds with some chops and a big boot. He takes too long to follow up though, and Hero catches him into a sit-out powerbomb. Shelley gets his feet to the ropes, so Chris tries a lariato which only gets him 2. Hero hits a bodyslam and tries a double-jump moonsault, but Shelley moves out of the way and Hero hits the mat hard. Back-breaker across the knee from Shelley. Big tornado DDT for 2. Shelley tries for...something, but Hero hoists him into an electric chair and then just fucking slams him face-first on the mat. Hero locks in the Hangman's Clutch (cravate STF) and Shelley taps. The back-and-forth stuff at the start was good, but Hero lost the crowd once he took control and they didn't give a shit about Shelley's comeback.

Hero.gif
Hero1.gif

Aw, fuck no. The Lancasters are back and, seeing as their trampoline backyarder match was interupted by Cash Flo earlier, they're going to do it again. Kill me now. Hah, hip-toss that ended up dunking the guy on his head. I think that was intentional. I can't tell these guys apart. Shitty leg lariat. Neither guy knows how to run the ropes, I'm sure they're trampoline backyarders. Aimless move after move shit. One of them wins with a shitty Cop Killa.

Lancaster2.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
It's dumb to make me sign up for an account when other games don't have the same requirement. I'm not getting a facebook or google + account just to play this game and see if I like it or not.

That is fine Bobo, you don't have to do shit if you don't want to.

I can't blame a dev for not wanting to spend a ton of cash on central authentication servers though.

Well the bone is tightening around the nerves and it's causing my bones to pop quite a bit in my shoulders and back. Pain wasn't too bad until I started working out again and then it flared up again. The bad thing is I can't really work out right now due to it other than some cardio. Also I have a feeling it is also causing me to have like a throbbing sensation in my head once in a while, mostly when looking at computer screens. For some reason I would be more comfortable with it being in my lower back, but being in my neck has me scared about it.

About a week out I was ready to back out, 2 days before I just assumed I was going to die, and day of while sitting in the hospital bed I was ready to run for the hills. Saced shitless is an understatement. It's definitely something to think long and hard about having done. There's pro's and con's. What you are dealing with sounds much worse than what I had. Mine was mostly just pain, I could have lived with it and probably stayed fairly active. Having a pinched nerve in my neck was horrible I couldn't imagine dealing with a disc issue.

That is fine Bobo, you don't have to do shit if you don't want to.

I can't blame a dev for not wanting to spend a ton of cash on central authentication servers though.

It's Take Two. They already have servers up for their other games. This one is also highly monetized, so they are going to make alot of money on it.

I'm enjoying Supercard. It's fun and pretty addictive. I have yet to be bothered by the game telling me to spend money like so many other phone games out there and that is really nice. I have been tempted to spend some cash but then I saw how much they wanted to points and I said fuck that.

About a week out I was ready to back out, 2 days before I just assumed I was going to die, and day of while sitting in the hospital bed I was ready to run for the hills. Saced shitless is an understatement. It's definitely something to think long and hard about having done. There's pro's and con's. What you are dealing with sounds much worse than what I had. Mine was mostly just pain, I could have lived with it and probably stayed fairly active. Having a pinched nerve in my neck was horrible I couldn't imagine dealing with a disc issue.

Yeah, shit has me scared of being paralyzed after. Especially since you never know what kind of Dr. you are going to get. If I had it done, I'd probably spend the money to drive and get it done by Dr. James Andrews that does all the WWE work and alot of sports stars. First off I'm just gonna try to live with it though. I think if I don't work out it will calm back down.

I haven't been able to get on PSN for the past two days. Hope they fix that shit before tomorrow.

Do you have Time Warner Cable? They seem to have PSN issues these days for some fucking reason.

Choose Manual when setting your network on the PS3/4 and set your Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and your secondary to 8.8.4.4 and it should work.

It was a hard though battle but you did, in the end, take it home. Congrats! May we meet again in the field of battle.

I was legit shook when you won the first game because I thought there was going to be another 45 minute rest period before the match. I'm embarrassed at the amount of panicked grinding I've done today.

What were your prizes by the way?

Alucard

Banned
Just read some random news on PWTorch:

-Davey Richards broke his leg at a TNA house show...lucky for him Impact is recorded for at least the next month

-Daniel Bryan called the cheating storyline "stupid" in an interview with IGN

-ROH Field of Honor sounds like it was a decent show

Top Bottom