• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

-Del Rio confirms he did slap WWE Social Media manager Cody Barbierri, and said WWE can “take my job but not my pride and dignity.”

-Del Rio said there were many witnesses to the incident, since it took place at catering, and he named Jack Swagger specifically as a witness. He added he’s not at liberty to say much more about it, but he did say the following:

“This person (Barbierri), I slapped him, I feel embarrassed of my actions. After his comment I stood up and demanded an apology for what he said, but he smiled and said nothing and I slapped him.”

-Del Rio revealed a similar incident took place with Cody Barbierri 8 months ago, he said “[Barbierri] was pretending to read something on his computer, and supposedly said Del Rio is a such and such. I said “what did you say?”, and he said “oh no, it’s something from Twitter.” He then tried to high five me, I told him not to touch me and I went to the ring.”

-Del Rio says he spoke to Vince about the incident, and Vince told him that he understood Del Rio’s anger, but his actions were inappropriate. He told him all was well, however, and to go back to work. The next day he got a phone call from Triple H informing him he had been released.

-Del Rio says he’s considering taking legal action against WWE, and says an attorney told him its unconstitutional for WWE to prevent him from working:

How the hell this SM guy still has a job is beyond me. Fuck man!

strobogo

Banned
jzUeeAdaotfwx.jpg

Toki767

I still can't believe Brock has been back in WWE for over 2 years now after being gone for 8 years. And he hasn't faced anyone that already wasn't in the company at the time he left other than CM Punk.

Biggest missed opportunity ever was having him wrestle 8 matches since being back with only 1 match being against someone new.

You had HHH talking about Lesnar having matches with guys like Orton, Sheamus, etc... and it's pretty sad that that stuff never happened.

I could see a Lesnar vs Bryan match at the Royal Rumble.

Bryan loses but shows that Lesnar is beatable by coming close but losing in the end.

Then the enevitable happens at Mania.

ReignsWinsLOL

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
They spent several weeks making an angle out of Jamie Noble of all people being "retired" by Sheamus.
It's not like Christian getting retired by Lesnar is a huge leap of logic. I like your idea.

Yeah, it's a long shot since I'm betting creative already sees Christian as retired. Big Show, Henry, Cena, Sheamus, and maybe even Batista are the likely candidates.

The top faces are disappointing to look at. I'm not including Reigns and Ambrose for logical reasons ("not ready"), RVD and Jericho (part timers who typically put over young talent), Bryan, Taker, Rey (injured), and Ziggler (in IC title run), WWE looks to be in a state where they need to let their younger wrestlers to step up. Kofi and Big E are in limbo, so I hope WWE figures out what to do with them soon. Mid card and tag titles are repped by faces, so no room for them to pursue those and both aren't at the level of Lesnar.

It's too bad WWE isn't going to let Devitt, KENTA, or Steen skip NXT since all three would help the main roster immediately. Neville and Zayn are ready for the main roster so I hope they debut before Mania.

It's also too bad WWE won't pursue other older talent to help put over younger talents. Id welcome departing TNA wrestlers to allow the current roster more time off. Dudleyz, Styles, and Angle would be nice diversions while newer talent develop and create followings.

So Summerfest was awesome!

That means tonights RAW is going to suck right?

I guess I can have it on as background noise while I play SuperCard. I'm such a mark for that game, actually considering spending $5 on a card pack but I know it'll screw me and give me shitty cards so I've been holding off.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As I started falling asleep last night during the Cena/Brock promo package something came to me; The schoolgirl is basically the Diva's version of the Chikara Special. It basically works without fail and they all know how to do it.

I can totally see Alberto's story happening.

I guess whoever he slapped kicked up a fuss and made a threat of legal action or something and they had to take action. Dude was on the way out anyway so they are only cutting him off a few months early.

DMczaf

DM's killing me by not being at RAW. I thought you would camp out and demand tickets!!

I was actually right next to the Thomas and Mack Center just an hour or so ago. I went to the UNLV gym. I saw the WWE trucks.

A single tear went down my eye as I walked to the garage...

Top Bottom