• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

John Cena ✔ @JohnCena
Follow
"Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty and persistence." Colin Powell
i648CT6dmecp6.gif

Browny

Banned
Re. no challengers for Brock. Have him beat up a few "threats" over the course of a Raw and PPV. Then the next Raw, have Heyman cut a promo about how Brock is dominating all-comers - and finish it with the question "Who's next?"...

...have the footsteps and trumpets kick in, let the crowd pop...

Then have Duane Gill come out for the lols

jred2k

Re. no challengers for Brock. Have him beat up a few "threats" over the course of a Raw and PPV. Then the next Raw, have Heyman cut a promo about how Brock is dominating all-comers - and finish it with the question "Who's next?"...

...have the footsteps and trumpets kick in, let the crowd pop...

Then have Duane Gill come out for the lols

They are fairly constrained with what they can do with Brock at this point. He has around 20 or less appearances left from now til Mania. The next few months should be about guys trying to be ultra competitive and get noticed so they can have a claim to challenging Brock.

Verendus

Banned
I'm going to watch Raw tonight because Brotista might return.

I'm not buying into this Age of Brock until we're past Night of Champions and Lesnar beats Cena again. As it stands, he still isn't safe from Joan Cena. I expect Cena to come back and be like, 'Yes, you did beat me Brock. You hurt me but I never give up, and I'm persistent, and I will learn from my mistakes and I will beat you.'

Then Night of Champions happens, and Lesnar is tapping out again for like the sixth time in his career or something.

No one is safe. No one.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo

Yeah, she doesn't care too much about technical wrestling. She prefers extreme, but since WWE is PG, not many options for her to like. She doesn't like joke characters like Adam Rose, Bo or Santino, not a fan of super faces like Cena, is bored by Cesaro, and isn't into smark-catering Wyatt. WWE's a tough sell for her, so I'm glad she at least found a few favs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, she doesn't care too much about technical wrestling. She prefers extreme, but since WWE is PG, not many options for her to like. She doesn't like joke characters like Adam Rose, Bo or Santino, not a fan of super faces like Cena, is bored by Cesaro, and isn't into smark-catering Wyatt. WWE's a tough sell for her, so I'm glad she at least found a few favs.

Sounds like she should watch some New Jack tapes

Why won't Chris Hero go back to wearing shirts and pants? I don't care if he's fat but you'd have to think wearing the old ring gear while gaining weight hurts his ability to make money considering the wrestling business is so look oriented.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why won't Chris Hero go back to wearing shirts and pants? I don't care if he's fat but you'd have to think wearing the old ring gear while gaining weight hurts his ability to make money considering the wrestling business is so look oriented.

If Dave Mastiff's pendulous breasts and ample bottom can draw, then so can Hero.

Alucard

Banned

Yeah, if he's cool with the fat then whatever, but changing up his gear might help the image.

Caspel

Random idea that won't work and most likely never be thought of, but would be fun:

Christian comes back for his "one last chance" gimmick to compete against Lesnar. At most, 2 month "feud", which could include other wrestlers in triple threat main events. To make Christian look competitive and as a threat, TLC/ladder matches would be the main focus to challenge Lesnar.

Random idea that won't work and most likely never be thought of, but would be fun:

Christian comes back for his "one last chance" gimmick to compete against Lesnar. At most, 2 month "feud", which could include other wrestlers in triple threat main events. To make Christian look competitive and as a threat, TLC/ladder matches would be the main focus to challenge Lesnar.

Chrisrian's an old man that zero people, including Christian, will take as a viable threat.

Vylash

Christian will most likely never wrestle again since he keeps getting concussions, also he's boring as shit and hasn't been over since he split up from Edge

Alucard

Banned
On a random note, I'd really like to recommend checking out a Chikara live show to everyone in this thread. It's just so wacky, out there, and animated. Very enjoyable in person, and the wrestlers are some of the most personable you'll ever meet.

#mark
#chikara

Alucard

Banned
Wrestler makeover idea:

Curtis Axel
-trucker cap
-t-shirt
-black leather vest ala Austin
-torn jeans

...or not. #CAW

I really want Axel to get some more of the limelight.

Heel

I tried a few PSN IDs and a few minutes later they're all magically taken. Raul V. from PlayStation says "yes it is already exist." What the frick, friends? Does it freeze out names if you don't complete registration? So very bummed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wrestler makeover idea:

Curtis Axel
-trucker cap
-t-shirt
-black leather vest ala Austin
-torn jeans

...or not. #CAW

I really want Axel to get some more of the limelight.

Why? He doesn't seem to do anything ever beyond being Mr. Perfect's less-talented offspring?

I tried a few PSN IDs and a few minutes later they're all magically taken. Raul V. from PlayStation says "yes it is already exist." What the frick, friends? Does it freeze out names if you don't complete registration? So very bummed.
It's the work of that dastardly Frenlen.

Alucard

Banned
Why? He doesn't seem to do anything ever beyond being Mr. Perfect's less-talented offspring?

I still think there's something there. I feel he's shown more charisma since being paired with Ryback, and he's a good hand in the ring. I'd like to see what he's capable of in a 15-minute singles match.

Caspel

Christian will most likely never wrestle again since he keeps getting concussions, also he's boring as shit and hasn't been over since he split up from Edge

Oh, I know but just a random idea to give him a proper retirement. I'd rather see Henry get a shot, but thought I'd throw out Christian's name as a different idea. I wish Ambrose was ready for the main event so I could see Brock and him go at it for the title.

I still think there's something there. I feel he's shown more charisma since being paired with Ryback, and he's a good hand in the ring. I'd like to see what he's capable of in a 15-minute singles match.

I think he's more talented than people give him credit for but WWE really fucked him over on his re-debut and made him Heyman's job boy.

If tag wrestling was taken seriously I think that Rybaxel could really be something. The only other way I think they could re-debut him and have the audience give him a third chance would be to go full on Mr. Perfect 2 but I don't think he has the speaking abilities for that. A Bo Dallas type gimmick where he acts as though he's as good as his father but fails and tries to play it off would be interesting but I don't think there's any upward mobility with it.

UberTag

Oh, I know but just a random idea to give him a proper retirement. I'd rather see Henry get a shot, but thought I'd throw out Christian's name as a different idea. I wish Ambrose was ready for the main event so I could see Brock and him go at it for the title.
They spent several weeks making an angle out of Jamie Noble of all people being "retired" by Sheamus.
It's not like Christian getting retired by Lesnar is a huge leap of logic. I like your idea.

A woman after Bootaay's heart

Christian looks like a fucking old regular dude. Really? This is even worse than you people who think fat, sweatpantsed Bray Wyatt should have a shot.

Mr.NiceGuy

Banned
The way I see it:

Brock reached a statue where whoever defeats him claims the defeat of the Undertaker's streak and the domination of Cena. No one in the roster look believable to achieve that by "himself". That's why I think defeating Lesner should be a combined effort. Make Lesner feud with 3 wrestler before Wrestlemania where each one does something to "weaken the monster", of-course none of those 3 wrestlers would win before his defeat at Wrestlemania. And because they weakened him (like one of them causing him shoulder injury, the other separates him from Heyman...etc) their losses aren't meaningless and they could actually be put over.

At Wrestlemania Danial Bryan should win against the "weakened monster" and the thing is it wouldn't be a "tarnished" win since he himself just returned from an almost career ending injury.

Brock still retains his Beast image.

Top Bottom