• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

I really like Rusev. Which is why I'm sad that he'll probably get fed to Cena to give Cena momentum back after he loses to Brock again. Cause lord knows Cena needs momentum more than Rusev.

Big One

Banned
WWE is the only company I know of today that takes an act that has a lot of heat and puts it under instead of over. Does Vince hate making money?

RP912

Banned
WWE is the only company I know of today that takes an act that has a lot of heat and puts it under instead of over. Does Vince hate making money?

Unless it's not 9.99 a pop. He doesn't give a fuck about what made wrestling great. Hence why they are unsure about ambrose despite the fact that he's the modern day stone cold.

Toki767

Well Cesaro's winning this unless they want RVD to get a bigger pop than Sheamus in a match. Probably a triple threat somehow though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'll say one thing about Thunder in Paradise. There's some bad acting and poorly written dialogue, but I was expecting WAY more amateur stuff like staring at cameras, exposed mic booms, bad takes, etc. These Bay Watch dudes got corny acting recording down to a science. In the 90s, there's always that one bad guy goon with a nasty looking pony tail. Making this show a show instead of a movie was a smart idea. This shit draaaaags past 30 minutes. They find some gold. That was the thing that was supposed to be worth millions? there's barely any gold! Maybe Gold was worth more in 1994.

Holy shit this British woman is the fucking worst. Bring back Mrs. Garrett. Oh Jesus, Hulk is in a speedo again. He's 'oxidating his blood' so he can swim underwater. Well earlier he breathed underwater and didn't have to do that shit. Why does he have to do it now? Apparently Spence can hold is breath for an exceptionally long time. 'He's part Whale' creepface says. I guess that was supposed to be funny. THE STRING BROKE. This underwater segment could not look more like a set. Everything about this show could not look more like a set. They play up the string breaking and that Creepface is gonna go get him... But then Hogan just finds his way back easily anyways.

So now Hogan is saying they all three go through this hole to get out even though it's a super long trip, and only Hogan can breathe like that. Ok, question.. Why didn't Hogan just go out through the opening, come back to the island, push the rock over and put the rope back in like the way they got in? Anybody? I'm very disgusted with this Bay Watch quality writ-- oh. At least with Baywatch I got Anderson, Electra, and Bingham in bathing suits. This I get Hogan in bathing suits. and homely British woman.
durmouthajartes9n.jpg

Excellent breath holding technique you fucking genius. She also goes ahead of them even though only Hulk knows the way out. And that's why she nearly drowns. She might as well have since she's gone after the pilot 'episode' anyways. THEY WERE ABLE TO GO FROM UNDERWATER IN A CAVE DIRECTLY INTO THE SHIP. WHAT THE FUCK HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE. HOW WOULD HULK EVEN KNOW WHERE IT IS. WHY DIDNT THEY HAVE TO SURFACE TO FIND IT. WHY. WWF has better writing. Or WCW. Whatever is funnier. Hogan paints black on his face because Commando was a good movie. Channeling Roddy Piper.
hoganpsychologicalwaregsci.jpg

His haircurtain is ponytailed. Fucking gross. Why would you put camo stripes on if you're going up on a boat? It's not in the jungle. Hogan is being stealthy then he throws a 200 pound man off the boat into the water. It's ok, nobody noticed. THEN HOGAN PULLS OUT THIS FUCKING MONSTER KNIFE
hogaknnife1xs4f.jpg

Ponytail dude finds Hogan suddenly! Suddenly it's the martial arts fight scene!
imnotsellingforyoubrozbs5d.gif

I...Is Hogan shooting on his no selling reputation? Go back to the indies with that kung fu shit, brother. Giant Gonzalez reappears and Donkey Kongs Hogan. Apparently Gonzalez is the only henchman who has his shit together. Gonzalez stays true to his wrestling style and tries to constantly choke Hogan. This fight is actually way better than Gonzalez vs Undertaker, no joke.
chairshotbrotherbnsz5.gif

IT HAPPENED. Haha, wrestling. The little girl calls Hogan 'daddy' several times even though her mom has only been married to Hogan for a few hours. They chain up Hogan and tie him to a comically oversized wrench then throw him over the boat's edge. Then they comically do the same thing to Carol Alt and that little girl. It's really abrupt too! Hogan has to save the little Hulkamanacs. Or Spenceamaniacs. Hurricaneiacs? He breaks the chains, obviously and creepbag shows up to give him air. British woman sits in the boat and does nothing. Thunder easily breaks the anchor from the bad guys boat. Ain't sellin that shit, brother.
rocketface8bssv.jpg

How come this fancy super boat can't go under water? Seems like something you would put in your SUPER WEAPON BOAT. All the bad guys jump off the bad guy boat to avoid getting hit, and they make sure to show EVERY SINGLE ONE of them jumping off the boat. They love that slow mo shot of people jumping off stuff in this show. Hogan blows up bad guy ship with their own rocket. And they haven't mentioned British Lady's angle, the ORIGINAL conflict, in forever. Oh no. Potential sex scene. I've already seen one Hogan sex tape, my eyes can't take another.
brotherjackdudeghs49.gif

MRS. GARRETT IS BACK! THANK GOD! And she says even though they outsmarted the old British uncle, he's not gonna back off. Oh, Mrs. Garrett, you couldn't be more wrong as Disney will be moving the set after this episode, and half the cast will be gone. Apparently the Uncle is watching them do it. Who knew Hogan was such a voyeur.

THUNDEEEEER! And we're done for this 'episode.' Or mini-movie or whatever you want to LIGHTNING STRIKING TWICE call it. There's still some more to go at the Disney lot. MESS WITH THUNDER. PAY THE PRICE! HA!

gaiadyne

I think this might be the first time Sheamus has been featured on Raw in his normal everyday attire instead of the usual shirt and no pants combo

Downhome

Another comment from my wife after her asking why Cesaro doesn't do much anymore and I said they aren't hot on him right now - "This business is way too fickle."

She gets it.

Top Bottom