• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Toki767

One thing is abundantly clear.

Even if Reigns beats Lesnar at Mania next year, Cena is still going to be the main event a year later.

somedevil

That was the worst Raw in a long time

I don't even think somedevil can defend that one

Thanks for the call out for whatever reason but the crowd was bad and so was the thing is with Cena. This Raw was bad but I will join the rest saying something sucks when it doesn't.

Golly gosh, I wonder why the Double Yew Double Yew Eee Network has been performing as well as Giant Gonzalez and Great Khali in a midget on a pole match.

Sephzilla

Cena is going to beat Brock, tie Flair's record, inherit Takers powers, and once again reset the WWE Universe back to the standard stud quo.

acrid

Banned
hqdefault.jpg

There we go, 3 plots ready.

You people always overreact. They needed to do that to build Cena back up so Cena/Lesnar II will look like an actually interesting match and not just a BS repeat of the SummerSlam match.

You people always overreact. They needed to do that to build Cena back up so Cena/Lesnar II will look like an actually interesting match and not just a BS repeat of the SummerSlam match.

Yes, so why not have him utterly bury 3 great (well, 2 great and 1 decent) young talents in one go, right?

Thanks for the call out for whatever reason but the crowd was bad and so was the thing is with Cena. This Raw was bad but I will join the rest saying something sucks when it doesn't.

I'm just taking the piss, as our good UK friends might say

Anaheim really let me down this time! Time for Ontario (california) to get a shot at RAW

Ithil

He's been the invincible god face of the WWE for TEN YEARS. He could be pinned by Hornswoggle in 18 seconds on Superstars and not need "building back up".

I don't think the issue was in the idea. It was who was chosen as the "sacrificial lambs" so to speak. Didn't have to be a guy Cena just got done doing damage to and just got a big win for the first time since January a few weeks ago.

lolxforever if at this point you still don't think Flair's record is numbered. There's no way Cena doesn't get at least 1 more reign (I'm thinking at least 2).

RP912

Banned
Man you got to be a miserable guy or fail at life to hog up a spot for so long. Even hogan tried to put over wrestlers like the wall and kidman...sure he won but atleast they could fucking pitch him and hogan made them look threatening.

The one thing that bothers me the most about tonights raw is the fact that cena got mauled to death on summerslam, yet they sweeping it under the rug like hey you win some you lose some.

That's like undertaker losing the streak and coming back the raw after doing commentary during a kofi kingston match...wtf SELL THE MATCH.

Yes, so why not have him utterly bury 3 great (well, 2 great and 1 decent) young talents in one go, right?

Because it's a meaningless RAW match in the scheme of things. Plus, Bray has been cutting boring promos saying the same ole' shit for months, ala Cena.

Heels exist to put faces over. That's wrestling. John Cena - Brock Lesnar II is more important than The Wyatt's. Period.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So who's your most over guy to feed to Cena next? Because Brock is your top of the food chain. Bray was the second most over guy since Punk and Bryan are gone.
Predictions: Cena pins Brock because REDEMPTION. Seth comes out and
havingsomefunuis6q.gif

WWE goes to record low ratings when Cena is forced to retire due to injuries or getting an acting career because they built their entire company around putting one man over, and said man couldn't go out of his way to put other people over. (You say no wrestler does that, but I hope you realize Bret Hart went out of his way to put over Stone Cold. He didn't do it because Vince wanted him to)

And no one learns anything.
I won't the show was bad but I know you still complain about everything though.
Thought you were using the crowd as the scapegoat.

You know, I'm good with the idea of Cena sending a message like this to make things a little more even in a Brock vs. Cena rematch. Otherwise any other challenger looks ridiculous. But you can do that without involving Bray like this.

Yeah I actually like what they did but it shouldn't have been Bray. Should've done it with Orton.

So who's your most over guy to feed to Cena next? Because Brock is your top of the food chain. Bray was the second most over guy since Punk and Bryan are gone.
Predictions: Cena pins Brock because REDEMPTION. Seth comes out and
havingsomefunuis6q.gif

WWE goes to record low ratings when Cena is forced to retire due to injuries or getting an acting career because they built their entire company around putting one man over, and said man couldn't go out of his way to put other people over. (You say no wrestler does that, but I hope you realize Bret Hart went out of his way to put over Stone Cold. He didn't do it because Vince wanted him to)

And no one learns anything.

Dean Ambrose returns as a heel. Cena feud. Jon Moxley becomes the new CZW Heavyweight Champion.

I don't think the issue was in the idea. It was who was chosen as the "sacrificial lambs" so to speak. Didn't have to be a guy Cena just got done doing damage to and just got a big win for the first time since January a few weeks ago.

Who are three heels who aren't complete jobbers you wouldn't have complained about? And you can't choose Randy Orton because has to put over Reigns again.

Showaddy

Because it's a meaningless RAW match in the scheme of things. Plus, Bray has been cutting boring promos saying the same ole' shit for months, ala Cena.

Heels exist to put faces over. That's wrestling. John Cena - Brock Lesnar II is more important than The Wyatt's. Period.

Yeah because one fucking match at a minor PPV is somehow so important that it justifies wrecking a guy who could have been a top heel for the next 10 years.

Because that attitude has served them so well. Look at the abundance of stars they have filling the roster righ- oh wait.

Also cutting boring promos is not a reason to destroy a character. Not to mention Bray's promos are infinitely more bearable than Cena's shit.

Who are three heels who aren't complete jobbers you wouldn't have complained about?

Cena beating down Orton and Rybaxel in the same way would have been fine. The Wyatts, especially Bray, have had too much damage done to them already. Orton is essentially Teflon at this point and Rybaxel look impressive enough to matter and not need to win. Cena didn't need to beat down "non-jobbers". The point was is what he did, not the level of competition he was doing it to.

Man you got to be a miserable guy or fail at life to hog up a spot for so long. Even hogan tried to put over wrestlers like the wall and kidman...sure he won but atleast they could fucking pitch him and hogan made them look threatening.

The one thing that bothers me the most about tonights raw is the fact that cena got mauled to death on summerslam, yet they sweeping it under the rug like hey you win some you lose some.

That's like undertaker losing the streak and coming back the raw after doing commentary during a kofi kingston match...wtf SELL THE MATCH.

What are you talking about? If anything they have been selling the match. Even Cena came out and said that there was no way to spin it.

Toki767

Wait, I thought Kane wasn't a threat because Cena's beat him so many times? At least, that's what I read the last time Cena faced Kane in a match.

OK, though. That's one. Now, name me two more heels.

You can say that about every heel in the company except for Brock. That's pretty much why people are complaining.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Kane (in 2014, lol) is basically a cutscene JRPG boss who terrorized D Bry but then when you got back to the game you realize you're thirty levels higher with the best gear and he does single digit damage and dies in one full round of combat.

In those cutscenes though he is dropping planets on D Bry.

Kane's job (in 2014) is to take massive l's without making anyone look bad. Everyone knows this though and because of that he doesn't make anyone look GOOD for beating him unless they put on quite the show.

Top Bottom