• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
knUZRpw.gif

M'lady

somedevil

Brock is winning but the last segment just shows Vince's paranoia about protecting Cena. Wasn't there any other heel for him to do this too? Rowan would of been fine.

If you are justifying the Wyatt thing because there's no one else Cena hasn't already beaten a bunch, that is absolutely terrible logic and just illustrates the very problem here.

RP912

Banned
What are you talking about? If anything they have been selling the match. Even Cena came out and said that there was no way to spin it.

I mean with him running down the ramp and jumping like the match didn't matter. Nothing about tonight demonstrated a bit of selling from a down point of his career. Hell he sold losing to the rock way better than losing to brock at summerslam.

You can say that about every heel in the company except for Brock. That's pretty much why people are complaining.

Literally. Their need to rely on Cena and continuously allowing him to bury talent is why the WWE is in the position to where they have to rely on part-timers and the same handful of guys to keep things afloat.

Who are three heels who aren't complete jobbers you wouldn't have complained about? And you can't choose Randy Orton because has to put over Reigns again.
From tonight it looks like Reigns is fueding with Rollins. And even if Orton was gonna fued with Cena again, there's no reason he couldn't have had a match with Cena tonight. It didn't have to be 3 people. Just one heel would've gotten the job done....kinda like how the match started out.
We're already getting set for Vince's "protect Cena" revisionist history. Just like how they swept Bryan beating Cena under the rug

They called Bryan's knee "The knee that beat Cena" for months. I think they did a solid job at reminding people that Bryan beat Cena at Summerslam.

Unless that was sarcasm.

Alucard

Banned
Just watched the opening and closing of Raw. LOL.

Cena just obliterated Bray Wyatt. On free TV. Decimated the WWE's #2 or #3 heel.

WTF.

Anth0ny

You people always overreact. They needed to do that to build Cena back up so Cena/Lesnar II will look like an actually interesting match and not just a BS repeat of the SummerSlam match.

They didn't need to do it to the Wyatts.

It also would have helped sell the worst defeat of his career if he wasn't kissing babies and patting little jimmies on the head as the show went off the air. Cena doesn't seem very shaken by the whole thing.

Sephzilla

They called Bryan's knee "The knee that beat Cena" for months. I think they did a solid job at reminding people that Bryan beat Cena at Summerslam.

Unless that was sarcasm.
Did you notice that during every video package leading up to WM 30 they never showed Bryan pinning Cena? They literally start with Bryan getting pedigreed by HHH and gloss over who Bryan beat for the title in the first place.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Cena just obliterated Bray Wyatt. On free TV. Decimated the WWE's #2 or #3 heel.

WTF.

He's at least fourth right now. Brock. Orton. HHH. I'd say Rollins is ahead of him too.

Cena is number one face right now so he should bury someone that low in a fight he takes seriously.

Toki767

WTF.

Honestly, Wyatt's like #5 or 6.

#1: Brock/Paul Heyman
#2: HHH/Stephanie
#3: Orton
#4: Rollins
#5: Rusev
#6: Wyatt

Sephzilla

Can we just have a HHH/Cena feud at this point. Since HHH seems to like being meta lately I'd like to see a feud over who is the true lord of burials

Kusagari

This heel discussion really is part of the problem.

The only major active wrestling heels right now besides Brock are Orton, Rollins, Kane and the Wyatt's. And Orton, Rollins and Kane are all with the Authority.

Besides them you've got Rusev who is feuding with Jack Swagger, The Miz (lol) and Cesaro (lol).

There's nobody for Cena to squash, that will matter, but the Wyatt's.

JNA

Banned
The worst part of this whole thing was Cena trying to copy Lesnar with the German Suplexes.

So now Cena is gonna beat Lesnar at NoC? WWE had the perfect plot for Lesnar being a monster for months to come until either Wrestlemania or another year. They could use that time then to build a star up to a point where he would be ready to take on Lesnar, and than that star looks great because he defeats the monster Lesnar.

Instead, we're gonna get Cena redeeming (again) and "come through against the odds" (again) by beating a guy that literally just squished him a week ago. Then Cena ties Flair, loses to Reigns for title at Royal Rumble, than Cena Rematch at Wrestlemania and wins title against Reigns for 17.

This is why I hate the WWE of today. This is why I despise the Cena character today. They refuse to build up other stars and instead just feed them to Cena. -_-

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just don't see Rollins as that over. He's in a decent position, but I think his promos have made people less interested in him. He gets pops in the ring in actual matches, but that rarely translates well to heel heat since he's not a monster or booked like that. Especially because he's mostly looked like a goof other than the Ambrose thing(which he needed Kane's help to do) And Roman is gonna run him over completely if his booking stays the same.

I guess Rusev, but I still think Bray's a lot more over than Rusev, and Bray has survived for bad feuds, more established than the new hotness. And I REALLY don't think Orton's over as a heel. In fact, I'd put him below HHH/Steph, Bray, Rollins AND Rusev.

This heel discussion really is part of the problem.

The only major active wrestling heels right now besides Brock are Orton, Rollins, Kane and the Wyatt's. And Orton, Rollins and Kane are all with the Authority.

Besides them you've got Rusev who is feuding with Jack Swagger, The Miz (lol) and Cesaro (lol).

There's nobody for Cena to squash, that will matter, but the Wyatt's.
Cesaro would have been fine had he not been jobbing to Kofi

Did you notice that during every video package leading up to WM 30 they never showed Bryan pinning Cena? They literally start with Bryan getting pedigreed by HHH and gloss over who Bryan beat for the title in the first place.

It's called a narrow focus on the story. I mean, I understand there has to be a vast conspiracy against Bryan with John Cena whispering into Vince McMahon's air like Wormtounge to 'buryyyyy himmm', but the truth is, the story at WM wasn't about Bryan beating Cena. It was Bryan getting revenge on the Authority and regaining his title.

Bingo. The Wyatt's at this point, rightly or wrongly, are the NAO's during peak DX. Heels. Over heels. But, not main event heels. I'm sure Steve Austin stunned the Outlaws and other heels of that level approximately 8,819 times during the Attitude Era.

Of course, the main reason why I'm OK with this was that I was never that into the Wyatt's, aside from Luke Harper. Wyatt's a sub-standard Kevin Sullivan cosplayer who's a decent wrestler and Rowan is now just becoming a servicable wrestler. Let Harper branch off and boot people and you'll have a supporter. Let Wyatt continue to compose interviews that sound like the ramblings of a 14-year-old e-fedder with a wrestler named Gothik.

Toki767

I just don't see Rollins as that over. He's in a decent position, but I think his promos have made people less interested in him. He gets pops in the ring in actual matches, but that rarely translates well to heel heat since he's not a monster or booked like that. Especially because he's mostly looked like a goof other than the Ambrose thing(which he needed Kane's help to do) And Roman is gonna run him over completely if his booking stays the same.

I guess Rusev, but I still think Bray's a lot more over than Rusev, and Bray has survived for bad feuds, more established than the new hotness. And I REALLY don't think Orton's over as a heel. In fact, I'd put him below HHH/Steph, Bray, Rollins AND Rusev.

To be fair, we were discussing which heels were booked strongly, not which heels were over.

All of those people you mentioned have been booked more strongly than Wyatt since Mania.

Ehhhh......I guess. But I would say that's because it's not important who he beat. The story was between Bryan and the Authority. Them talking about him beating Cena wouldn't have added anything.

But you somewhat have a point.

Alucard

Banned
He's at least fourth right now. Brock. Orton. HHH. I'd say Rollins is ahead of him too.

Cena is number one face right now so he should bury someone that low in a fight he takes seriously.

Orton? Really?

Guys who could've been fed to Cena instead of Wyatt tonight:

-Luke Harper
-Eric Rowan
-Curtis Axel
-Ryback (do a full-show build about their history)
-Orton
-Kane

But eh...whatever. This won't matter in the grand scheme of things. Wyatt will go on to bigger and better things anyway.

Sephzilla

I think Wyatt is probably the #3 heel in the company behind Brock/Heyman and HHH/Steph. Rollins is a benefactor of feuding with Ambrose IMO, I need to see how he works with someone else before I say he's #3. Nobody really seems to care about Orton any more. Rusev is climbing though, I might put him at #4 above Orton.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And Bray was one of the few new characters they came up with that I really enjoyed that had glimpses of greatness but was fed to the Cena machine. I'm sure I can dig up posts where I even said that Bray was the only reason I was watching Raw.

So it sucks to see this happen just to put over a rematch that shouldn't even happen. A rematch that makes Cena seem like a delusional loser who can't accept that he got beat clean and bad.

RP912

Banned
You know it's sad when orton is not the bad guy any more. In fact he put over more wrestlers and still got a main event spot....interesting.

Toki767

And Bray was one of the few new characters they came up with that I really enjoyed that had glimpses of greatness but was fed to the Cena machine. I'm sure I can dig up posts where I even said that Bray was the only reason I was watching Raw.

So it sucks to see this happen just to put over a rematch that shouldn't even happen. A rematch that makes Cena seem like a delusional loser who can't accept that he got beat clean and bad.

It makes perfect sense when you consider that Cena is really the heel.

Top Bottom