• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't even comprehend the amount of 'ironic' 'insider' 'wrestling' 'fans' at Full Sail if the Young Bucks were there.

I had to use that many quotations for it.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
The Scott Pilgrim of Tag Teams

You're right
tumblr_lcivrhZJ9e1qdubemo1_500.gif

Kaladin

I can't even comprehend the amount of 'ironic' 'insider' 'wrestling' 'fans' at Full Sail if the Young Bucks were there.

I had to use that many quotations for it.

That group is already at Full Sail every week. I would argue that group is almost exclusively from Florida....or at the least, the majority of that group.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

My favorite thing about that match is that it's the 9/11 conspiracy angle of professional wrestling. Like you'll see on any video about Undertaker or Brock, 'you know I heard Brock was shooting' and like 5 people agreeing with him and having a discussion that there's no way Brock was supposed to go over at Mania.

The irony of using terms like 'shoot' like we're in the know while getting completely worked is why the carnies will always have the upper hand, friends.

My favorite thing about that match is that it's the 9/11 conspiracy angle of professional wrestling. Like you'll see on any video about Undertaker or Brock, 'you know I heard Brock was shooting' and like 5 people agreeing with him and having a discussion that there's no way Brock was supposed to go over at Mania.

The irony of using terms like 'shoot' like we're in the know while getting completely worked is why the carnies will always have the upper hand, friends.

Yeah it's kinda weird how many people are still in denial. I mean I was shocked just like everyone else, but a minute later I shrugged my shoulders and was like "well that's that I guess"

Heel

When the boxer hits the speed bag to the rhythm of the drum breakdown before the "Hall of Fame" chorus, followed up by a guy doing a chest press with 10 lb. dumbbells? Absolute perfection.

'CAUSE YOU BURN WITH THE BRIGHTEST FLAMEEEEEEEEEEE

Hulu now let's you watch some content without a Hulu+ subscription on Android devices but I just checked and the WWE stuff isn't available free.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
The Next NXT Pay per view was just announced for September 11th!!

I'm hoping if not by then, Neville will lose the title and start becoming prepped for moving up to WWE.

I don't read the NXT spoilers, so hoping for any of the following matches

1 - NXT Title Match: Neville vs. Sami Zayn
I'm ready for the NXT super friends to put their friendship aside for the title match. Zayn finally comes through and gets a victory rather than narrowly losing as usual. Nevile can move onto WWE soon after getting a rematch.

2 - Tag Title Match: The Ascension vs. Amore & Cassady
The Ascension need to move on from NXT sooner or later. If they haven't lost their titles by now, then I hope Amore & Cassady can take the titles at this show. Ascension can go on and most likely not amount to too much in the WWE.

3 - Women's Title Match: Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks
Keep the title on Charlotte. Only person ready for the title out of the bunch would be Banks.

4 - Kalisto vs. Tyler Breeze
Not too much to talk about here. I'd like to see the styles mesh.

5 - KENTA vs. Bull Dempsey
Let KENTA be the one to put the end to Dempsey's win streak and then start a mini-feud.

6 - Damien Sandow or Tyson Kidd vs. "Mystery Opponent" (Prince Devitt)
Sandow can continue his comedy angle and challenge any NXT superstar to come out and beat him. This would serve as Devitt's debut. If not for Sandow, then let Kidd continue his heel role and call out Devitt.

/endfantasybooking

somedevil

This months thread feels a little too extravagant. We don't have this kind of OT money anymore.

WWE lost some money but people make it like they lost Nintendo level of money. They lost 100 million last quarter.

NXT Spoilers for 8/21:

* Becky Lynch is out first. Becky had new ring gear but lost to NXT Women's Champion Charlotte with the Bow Down.

* The Vaudevillians Simon Gotch & Aiden English defeated Big Cass and Enzo Amore to advance to the NXT Tag Team Tournament finals.

* Natalya defeated Carmella. This was Carmella's TV debut.

* Mojo Rawley defeated Steve Cutler in a boring match. Mojo cut a promo on Bull Dempsey after the match.

* Sami Zayn and Adam Rose vs. Kalisto and Sin Cara in another tournament semi-final match is next. This was described as a great match with lots of spots. Cara and Kalisto win to advance to the finals.

* Triple H comes out for an off-camera segment and announces the next live special will be on September 11th. All titles will be on the line and the new NXT General Manager will be revealed.

* Tyson Kidd defeated Tyler Breeze by count out and mocked him after the match.

A debut and the new GM is
Regal

somedevil

I'm hoping if not by then, Neville will lose the title and start becoming prepped for moving up to WWE.

I don't read the NXT spoilers, so hoping for any of the following matches

1 - NXT Title Match: Neville vs. Sami Zayn
I'm ready for the NXT super friends to put their friendship aside for the title match. Zayn finally comes through and gets a victory rather than narrowly losing as usual. Nevile can move onto WWE soon after getting a rematch.

2 - Tag Title Match: The Ascension vs. Amore & Cassady
The Ascension need to move on from NXT sooner or later. If they haven't lost their titles by now, then I hope Amore & Cassady can take the titles at this show. Ascension can go on and most likely not amount to too much in the WWE.

3 - Women's Title Match: Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks
Keep the title on Charlotte. Only person ready for the title out of the bunch would be Banks.

4 - Kalisto vs. Tyler Breeze
Not too much to talk about here. I'd like to see the styles mesh.

5 - KENTA vs. Bull Dempsey
Let KENTA be the one to put the end to Dempsey's win streak and then start a mini-feud.

6 - Damien Sandow or Tyson Kidd vs. "Mystery Opponent" (Prince Devitt)
Sandow can continue his comedy angle and challenge any NXT superstar to come out and beat him. This would serve as Devitt's debut. If not for Sandow, then let Kidd continue his heel role and call out Devitt.

/endfantasybooking

I can tell you none of that is happening. I can spoil the 4 matches that are happening so far if you want.

Top Bottom