• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Novid

Banned
so i wake up in the morning, and i see a preview of our friend in the DNC's new TV block...oh wow its so early 90's... and guess was the preview of the wwe show did.

showed a banned move that will not be in the show...

GIVE ME THE DOOM SONG! PLAY IT!

http://youtu.be/fqcn_TPu4qQ

we are doomed.

RBH

SD_678_Photo_021.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI__n7NfSHc

I could honestly watch the last 5 minutes of Stone Cold vs. Dude Love from WWF Over the Edge 1998 over and over again and never get tired of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkiWOAzpWJY#t=39m0s

One of my top 10 favorite matches of all time~

Austin vs. Bret Hart - WMXIII
Austin vs. Dude Love - Over the Edge '98
Austin vs. HBK - WMXIV
Jericho vs. HBK - WMXIX
Jericho vs. HBK - Ladder Match - No Mercy '08
Mankind vs. HBK - Mind Games
Undertaker vs. HBK - WMXXVI
Cena vs. HBK - Raw from London - 4/23/07
Edge vs Mick Foley - WMXXII
HBK vs. Hogan - Summerslam

G-Fex

The same HillBilly Jim who lifted Batista's car with a crane with Batista in it and dropped it upside down from 30 feet and left him for dead?

That Hillbilly Jim?

- Alex Shelley has reportedly signed with WWE. Shelley left TNA a few months back and was reportedly in talks with WWE to join the promotion's roster directly, as opposed to spending time developmental. It is unknown if he got that request.

Oh snap!
I saw this on 411. I'm posting this on my phone so it'd be a hassle to get the link.

Jamie OD

I see the DDT show in the prestigious Budokan Hall has an attendance of over 10,000! Awesome news for DDT, and what a crazy feat for a small Japanese indy. Seriously, the equivalent would be ROH managing to get Madison Square Garden 2/3 full.

I'm hearing great things about Ibushi Vs Omega. Great, great things. Not sure when it is being aired in Japan. What usually happens is a program only consisting of the headline matches airs first almost straightaway. Then the rest gets aired a few weeks later.

Just watched Extreme Rules. LTTP.

Pretty Good show. However, that Lesnar/Cena match. The company just threw away $5 million and storylines with the finish. Cena was on a two-match losing streak (losing to the Rock at Mania, Tensai on Raw) and could've made it into a storyline. It would've at least been a new wrinkle to the character and went with the whole overcoming the odds theme.

Brock could've went and ran over the WWE as the new "Face" of the company. Also, the ending was terrible. Cena got like 0 offense in. He hit Brock with the chain and AA. That's insane, especially following the Punk/Jericho match where there were so many close finishes and finishing maneuvers.

Kaladin

Pretty Good show. However, that Lesnar/Cena match. The company just threw away $5 million and storylines with the finish. Cena was on a two-match losing streak (losing to the Rock at Mania, Tensai on Raw) and could've made it into a storyline. It would've at least been a new wrinkle to the character and went with the whole overcoming the odds theme.

Brock could've went and ran over the WWE as the new "Face" of the company. Also, the ending was terrible. Cena got like 0 offense in. He hit Brock with the chain and AA. That's insane, especially following the Punk/Jericho match where there were so many close finishes and finishing maneuvers.

Welcome to the WWE, nobody beats Cena and he is always the face of the company, even without the belt. Also, if for some reason he does take a loss, it doesn't matter 24 hours later.

Excuse me, that was a Chicago Street Fight®.

Spike6663

Extreme Rules was a one-off. If Lesnar loses tomorrow then I lose a lot of faith in WWE but given how much money they've invested in his character it's hard to see him not coming off as a 'dominant force'.

Extreme Rules was a one-off. If Lesnar loses tomorrow then I lose a lot of faith in WWE but given how much money they've invested in his character it's hard to see him not coming off as a 'dominant force'.

Yeah, but as the thread has brought up on numerous occasions, he's not being booked as a dominant force. His booking is sort of nonsensical and seems like an attempt to undermine his and Heyman's wrestling characters.

The Extreme Rules is not a one-off. It was his first showing and he lost. That's a big deal, especially since Cena (who was booked weird during this time too) complained about his arm injury then didn't sell it.

Then the HHH/Brock build up has been terrible, mired in law suits, unfounded accusations of making it personal and cowardly heel acts. Lets not forget HHH not selling his broken arm during the Mayweather fight.

Tomorrow is going to be another low buy-rate payperview due to how they booked the Sheamus/Del Rio, Cena/Punk/Big Show and Brock/HHH fueds.

The main event of tonight's Strikeforce FEMALE main event will probably draw more and has more interest.

How long has Sheamus been feuding with Del Rio?

Why do I care?

Who knows. It seems like forever. They were supposed to feud after Mania except for the outcry/fan support for Daniel Bryan led to their Extreme Rules match instead of Del Rio getting the shot. Then he got injured. So, it's like they've had a four to six month feud.

Also, they're two of the worse developed heel/faces on the roster. Del Rio's character has been stale. Ricardo has more personality. And Sheamus, let's not go down the rabbit hole again. Blah, blah, new Cena, blah, blah, RKO/Brogue kick, blah, blah, bullying behavior.

All right, here's my best guesses on the roster:

Alberto Del Rio
Big Show
Brock Lesnar
Brodus Clay
CM Punk
Chris Jericho
Christian
Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan
David Otunga
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Epico
Evan Bourne
Great Khali
Heath Slater
Hunico
Jack Swagger
Jinder Mahal
John Cena
Justin Gabriel
????
Kane
Kofi Kingston
Lord Tensai
Mark Henry
Miz
Mr. McMahon?
Primo
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Rock
Ryback?
R-Truth
Santino Marella
Sheamus
Sin Cara
Ted Dibiasi
Triple H
Tyson Kidd
Undertaker
Wade Barrett
William Regal?
Zack Ryder

No Damien Sandow? No Antonio Cesaro? No Usos? No Prime Time Players?

Top Bottom