• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Image from a summerslam party

tumblr_m7s81nfNGt1r4zr2vo2_250.gif

So let's get REAL interesting up in this piece. Question for everyone here...

What is the best technical wrestling match that the Ultimate Warrior ever had?

Good luck. I'm going with Savage/Warrior from Summerslam 92. Review-A-Wai did a show on it and it inspired me to look it up. A 26 minute match with Warrior! Can you believe it?

Oh, that's a really good pick.
I haven't watched many matches with Warrior in them, but I think he put on a good show in his match with Rick Rude on the Saturday Night Main Event before Summerslam '90. His offense was fairly stiff, as usual, but he also showed some degree of planning as he worked over Rude's back and legs in order to soften him up for his stronger moves. There was also a nice exchange where Warrior countered Rude's submission attempt with a shoulder jawbreaker, which I thought was pretty smooth. Technical wrestling isn't really Warrior's forte, though, which is why matches like this or Savage/Warrior stick out like a sore thumb.

Rude and Heenan were great in this match, too - Rude sold Warrior's moves like a champ and got in some good spots of his own, and Heenan, as always, was a consummate heel manager.

Sorry guys

A0g7i8vCIAIH_oT.jpg:large

Lucky dog!

Booker's idea of disciplinary action for assaulting another wrestler with heavy gear is telling the offender to scram. He is the true successor to Teddy Long's
ineffectual
legacy.

Alex Shelley to WWE apparently.......that would be pretty cool if they are serious about letting him show his talents. I wonder what cheesy name they will come up with for him.

tm24

Alex Shelley to WWE apparently.......that would be pretty cool if they are serious about letting him show his talents. I wonder what cheesy name they will come up with for him.
Hes been rumored for about a month now. Hes not signing anytime soon since he's on his way to Japan for a bit

Top Bottom