• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Razorskin

----- ------
Guys John Cena CAN SELL
1345127310184i1j1p.gif

Woah, what the hell happened to GAF? Had to change to OpenDNS to get access.

Anyways, the SHINE 2 iPPV finished an hour or so ago - I enjoyed the show, overall it was better than SHINE 1, but no one match was as good as Jazz vs Sara Del Rey. The OVW 3-way between Heidi Lovelace, Sojo Bolt & Taeler Hendrix was a lot of fun, Hendrix looked great in this match. Also enjoyed the opener between Su Yung & Kimberly, Sassy Stephie vs Mia Yim which was a great, hard hitting match, Jessica Havok just destroying Reby Sky, who shows some good improvement but couldn't match Jessica's power or experience, and Leva Bates vs Portia Perez, which wasn't great or anything (like most Leva matches I've seen) but was good fun. The Made in Syn vs MsEerie tag match was fine, but never really kicked into gear, which was somewhat of a disappointment. April Hunter made her way to ringside towards the end and took out MsChif's knee, ultimately giving Made in the Syn the win. Jazz vs Mercedes Martinez started out crazy fast and was great while it lasted, but I'm just thankful the overall quality of the show was as high as it was, otherwise the end to the main event would have felt especially cheap when the ref declared a no-contest as both Jazz & Martinez refused to take the action to the ring. That being said, what we did get was pretty intense and it took the whole locker-room to seperate the two. The rematch should be awesome.

Great work by everyone involved, the iPPV went off without a hitch and the crowd seemed pretty lively - SHINE are 2 for 2 and I'll definitely be purchasing SHINE 3. Here's a bunch of random screencaps;

ibhk5V7vifwHDn.png

Nice spot in the OVW 3-way;

inIuWJmOK4c5b.png

iblcEaDROnZZbg.png

Jessica Havok trying to snap Reby Sky in half;

ibed9ahOo6ocQH.png

iSAcrcresFp1B.png

MsEerie vs Made in Syn;

iXcGFGGveBIAW.png

Made in Syn trying to escape MsChif's screams;

ibkgJ10LatOyil.png

Captain Jack Leva;

ihRbgkUpmWcPJ.png

ilOvfXOFXNeHc.png

XenoRaven

It was a countout spot, and Cena's dumb ass was too far away when the ref got to 9. He had to nosell for 1 second to get his dumb ass back in the ring and then went back to "selling".
Holy crap. I thought it was two clips put together for comedic effect. Wow.

Submitted for your approval Midnight wrasslegaf - La Mascara
This is the short film me and some friends made last weekend for the 48 hour film competition. From Friday to Sunday we had to make a short 4-7 minute film on a genre that we drew out of a hat. We got road movie. It's a beautiful melodrama that I think everyone here can enjoy. Although the last is probably a little hard to accept.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9erq-E1KkE&list=UU8vYr0qu1H25eVLmlIA0FGw&index=1&feature=plcp

G-Fex

I have a super special announcement regarding streamed wrestling silliness.

Ah what the hell its not like I have a huge fanbase.

I'm announcing OLDAMANIA

All the OLDER than dirt superstars are going to be going at it to try to relive their glory days!

Just Retire chants will be chanted.

pants

Cause we all gonna know the outcome..

No, because regardless of the outcome the match is useless.
Triple H vs Sandow (Triple H putting him over)
Brock vs Bryan (Bryan coming close and Brock having to begrudgingly respect him)

Something like that would have been better.

I see the DDT show in the prestigious Budokan Hall has an attendance of over 10,000! Awesome news for DDT, and what a crazy feat for a small Japanese indy. Seriously, the equivalent would be ROH managing to get Madison Square Garden 2/3 full.

The thing about Triple H and his waste of time feuds that bothers me is a relatively small thing. I hate how his biggest feuds in the past year have both involved guys who did NOT want to bother fighting him initially. Both the Brock and Undertaker had no reason to fight him. Brock could have been a monster for ratings but they made him an afterthought.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's Brock's own fault for signing on for only a few dates. You can't be the focus if you're only gonna be on two or three Raw's before the PPV you appear on.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That's Brock's own fault for signing on for only a few dates. You can't be the focus if you're only gonna be on two or three Raw's before the PPV you appear on.
Except they sucked the steam right out of him when Cena decided to no sell his injuries. At that point Brock should've just walked back in the ring and started shooting on him.

Brock's fault? No, creative's fault, Cena's fault & HHH's fault. Collectively, they've made Brock look like a chump. Also, the HHH vs Brock match is set-up to give HHH the win - Brock broke his arm, got his family involved, broke his best friend's arm. If the pay-off isn't HHH beating Brock and getting revenge, then what is it? Have Brock beat HHH and make him seem like a true monster? They already wasted an opportunity for that when Cena no-sold everything like the cheesy waste of space he really is.

Daffney looks like she's gained quite a bit.....

Still, I would with the force of 1000 suns. Daffney <3

Nah, it does matter. Even if it doesn't to all the little Jimmies, all the touting morons of the WWE Universe, it matters to me. It's one of many things Cena does (or in this case, doesn't do), or is written to do, that flies in the face of booking 101 and immediately makes me wonder why I'm wasting my time with this piece of shit wrestling promotion that is ashamed to be a wrestling promotion.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just stop worying about the green capped asshole.

I skip most of all of his matches and I'm better for it. Only watch the select few that are interesting because of the other guy(s) involved and skip everything else.

You're welcome.

I already DO that, and still he infuriates me in the few Cena matches I watch. Plus, you can't watch WWE and truly ignore Cena, he proliferates every aspect of the show, right down to a good mid-card match only getting 5 minutes because we've got to make time for Cena's impassioned in-ring promo, the recaps of Cena's impassioned in-ring promo and the tout reactions to Cena's impassioned in-ring promo!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Cena no-selling injuries?

OH MY GOD! THAT IS UNHEARD OF.

Stop pretending like it matters what Cena does.
Cena no selling Brock invalidated any kind of threat he could have been booked as, him molesting Shawn backstage(who they've decidedly booked as an incapable cripple now for his guest appearances) does nothing for me and you and I both know the crowd would take Brock as a more serious threat had Cena not gotten up and smiled and said "everything is fine, wrasslin' is fake!" Moreover as Bootaaay stated Cena permeates the entire WWE product, you can try to ignore him but the fact is he is front and center to the entire product and when the center of your show invalidates what was his only real threat then it just begs the question as to why they even bothered signing Brock up as the world's most expensive jobber.

Striker

Alex Shelley to WWE apparently.......that would be pretty cool if they are serious about letting him show his talents. I wonder what cheesy name they will come up with for him.
Now only if Smackdown can do this lightweight/cruiserweight division. And in that process, get the likes of Sheamus, Orton, etc. off the show.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cena no selling Brock invalidated any kind of threat he could have been booked as, him molesting Shawn backstage(who they've decidedly booked as an incapable cripple now for his guest appearances) does nothing for me and you and I both know the crowd would take Brock as a more serious threat had Cena not gotten up and smiled and said "everything is fine, wrasslin' is fake!" Moreover as Bootaaay stated Cena permeates the entire WWE product, you can try to ignore him but the fact is he is front and center to the entire product and when the center of your show invalidates what was his only real threat then it just begs the question as to why they even bothered signing Brock up as the world's most expensive jobber.

I'm sorry, but Brock winning against Cena is impossibru. I know what you're trying to say, but in WWE world, Brock Lesnar is not the top competitor. Cena is. Cena is unbeatable, unstoppable and the saviour of the masses™. He is their main event, their go-to guy.

Yes, I understand your frustration. But Cena beating Brock means little, because Cena beats fucking everyone. He won every match he's had this year, he's lost maybe 4 or 5.

From a kayfabe point of view, Cena is in a league far above everyone on the roster, including Brock Lesnar. Might not make sense to us, but in the DUBYADUBYA-E UNIVERSE it makes perfect sense that Cena overcame Brock.

This is the short film me and some friends made last weekend for the 48 hour film competition. From Friday to Sunday we had to make a short 4-7 minute film on a genre that we drew out of a hat. We got road movie. It's a beautiful melodrama that I think everyone here can enjoy. Although the last is probably a little hard to accept.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9erq-E1KkE&list=UU8vYr0qu1H25eVLmlIA0FGw&index=1&feature=plcp

That was fantastic. I lol'd when La Mascara walked into the lair at the end and dude had the collar on with the tape on his mouth and nipples. The gut punch near the end of the fight scene was also a personal favorite.

Entropia

No One Remembers

What... the fuck?

Top Bottom