• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Holy shit, the last 5 minutes or so of Ibushi vs Omega from DDT's Budokan show yesterday was fucking crazy.

ibqF4yeHoS0gIT.jpg

Fuck.

They went a good 35+ minutes, the match is nothing short of insane. Highly recommended, a ton of fun;

Kota Ibushi (c) vs Kenny Omega - (DDT 08/18/12)

jmdajr

Finally getting around to watch smackdown i actually like the pairing of Sin Cara and Rey. Rey is obviously off everything which is why he has to wear the shirt now. But this paiting doesn't seem random and helps Sin Cara with the fans and hopefully this leads to a feud between Sin Cara and Rey
Yup yup

Aiii

So not worth it
IT'S TIME! IT'S TIME! IT'S PREDICTION TIME! YEAH!

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_santino_cesaro_SUN.jpg

United States Championship: Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro (Pre-show)
So far none of the title matches on the pre-show have led to a title change. So logic dictates that neither will this one. Add to that how Cesaro has won alot in the past few weeks and once again, WWE booking says it will be Santino. Regardless, Santino should be putting the young guy over. Esp. since he's just a comedy character and Cesaro could genuinly be a top guy some day. So screw logic.
Winner and new US Champion: Antonio Cesaro

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_tagmatch.jpg

WWE Tag Team Championships: Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. The Prime Time Players (Darren Young & Titus O'Neil)
Kofi and R-Truth are boring as hell, which is a shame, esp. in Truth's case, because he was amazing as a heel in his feud with Cena. He could've been a top player last year, but they booked him to weakly and turned him face :( Little Jimmy the John Cena fan in the crowd rocks the socks of Little Jimmy the invisible joke char. But I digress, the PTP are ready to push the tag-team division to new heights, they could use the titles to put them over and the babyface teams could provide them with decent midcard feuds. If WWE is really serious about pushing the tag-division... Ugh, who am I kidding. R-Truth and Kofi will win this one just because they entertain the kids in PG WWE.
Winners and still Tag-Team Champions: Kofi and R-Truth.

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_miz_mysterio.jpg

Intercontinental Championship: The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio
Ever since Cody lost the IC Title it's turned back to a hot-potato title that is used to elevate talent that already won bigger titles. First Christian, now Miz and this Saturday: Rey Mysterio. That said, I'm looking forward to this match, I hope they get 15 minutes. Miz has been amazingly enjoyable lately, it's impressive how much he improved in the ring over the years. Mysterio, really a shell of his former self, can still put on a good match. He'll be the champ going out of SummerSlam, because we'll have plenty of heel champs at the end of the night that need some balancing out.
Winner and new Intercontinental Champion: Rey Mysterio

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_bryan_kane.jpg

Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
Soulplaya and Owl are right about one thing, Kane is great at putting young talent over. That's exactly what he'll do. Bryan will control this match (as in call the spots) and he'll turn it into another classic. That guy can get a great match out of anyone, even a slowpoke like Kane. Bryan is just transitioning onto his next feud, so by all intents and purposes he needs to win this match. And he will.
Winner: Daniel Bryan

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_y2j_ziggler.jpg

Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler
This feud has been entertaining and lets face it, with these two we could have a serious contendor for match of the night. however I expect Jericho to win this. He'll be gone for a while, but I expect that when he returns he'll enter a feud with Ziggler over the outcome of this match and I expect Ziggler to be champ by the end of SummerSlam and for a while after that. Jericho will feud with him over the title down the line and put him over then. But at SummerSlam:
Winner: Chris Jericho

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_sheamus_delrio.jpg

World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio
Del Rio will once again lose to Sheamus. Nobody can believe the guy can beat Sheamus, with the way they've been booked over the past months. It doesn't matter. Sheamus will win (maybe via DQ after interference by Ricardo) and Del Rio will tear him apart after the match. Ziggler will come out, cash in, eat a Brogue Kick regardless and kick out from that, ZigZag Sheamus and win the WHC. Ziggler will be the first to survive a Brogue Kick in forever (I'm thinking Bryan kicked out of one at Extreme Rules, but I'm not sure) and look like a million bucks.
Winner via DQ and still World Heavyweight Champion: Sheamus.

Dolph Ziggler vs Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Championship:
Winner and new World Heavyweight Champion: Dolph Ziggler

20120814_LIGHT_summerslam_hhh_brock_heyman_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
So, it sucks that Cena was put over at Extreme Rules, as it hurt Brock. But lets face it, Brock is only there for a few dates and Cena is there every night. I sorta get why they put Cena over. I don't agree with it, but I understand it. Triple H is another story though, and completely against everyone's expectations, I expect Brock to win this one, setting up a rematch with Triple H for either SS or WM29. This match should be brutal though, say what you will about Trips, the guy does know how to put on landmark matches. I hope it goes 30 minutes and I hope that just like Brock vs. Cena, we'll see some "accidental" bleeding.
Winner: PAUL HEYMAN'S CLIENT BRRROCK LESSNAARR!

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_triplethreat.jpg

WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Big Show
This one is hard to call. Because it all matters on what's going to happen at WrestleMania 29. If the plan is for Rock vs. Punk, then Cena will take this one and be the champ until the Rumble. If the plan is for a second Rock vs Cena then Punk will go over here. Big Show will lose though, that much is certain. Now, they could also wait for Cena to win the title untill Night of Champions or maybe even Survivor Series. I would like that, so that might be the case. Regardless, as far as storyline goes we've seen Punk gradually turn tweener over the past few weeks, and I believe that was set up for a full Heel turn at SummerSlam. So my pick will be Punk turns full heel and destroys Cena. Wether that happens before or after the match? Fuck if I know. I'm gonna go with my hopes here and say Punk will retain the title tonight, go full heel and Cena won't get the title untill Survivor Series, meaning we'll get heel Punk vs babyface Rock come WrestleMania 29. That would be my way of booking it, so:
Winner and still WWE Champion: CM Punk

Predictions:

Brock will win (he cannot lose twice, makes future opponents pointless)
Ziggler will win (Jericho pushing people like a boss)
Bryan will win (Should win this to move on)
Rhyhorn will win his squash match
Miz will win (will promote crap movie with title on shoulder)
Sheamus will win (Del Rio is in a fucking hole right now)
Punk will win (We should respect him)

Kaladin

United States Championship: Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro
WWE Tag Team Championships: Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. The Prime Time Players
Kane vs. Daniel Bryan

Brock has to win to look like a credible threat to whoever he faces next. HHH has no reason to win other than the politics of contracts and ego. We'll see.

I'm calling it as Brock for fun, but realistically, it will be the predictable and boring ending of HHH winning by HBK interference after Heyman pulls bullshit all match long.

If CM Punk keeps the title I expect HHH to feud and bury Punk again. The excuse for the feud will be that he HHH vs Lesnar is the last match at Summerslam

Kaladin

He doesn't have to win to look like a credible threat. All Brock has to do is hurt Triple H or HBK and put them out for months (till the Mania build anyway). I don't think we will see a clean finish in this anyway.

somedevil

Kane vs. Daniel Bryan

Bonus Added Match to the Card:

Sandow vs Funkasaurus

mooooose

It is absolutely ridiculous how CM Punk's "revolution" is just a marketing gimmick. This should have been his fucking TV character, at least somewhat.

NawidA

Banned
Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio (how many times can Del Rio lose this match?)

Bonus Added Match to the Card:

Sandow vs Funkasaurus

United States Championship: Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro (but WWE backwards booking will negate the two Cesaro wins)

WWE Tag Team Championships: Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. The Prime Time Players (PTP need the belts more than Kofi and Truth)

Intercontinental Championship: The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio (LoL if they don't try to repair the Miz's character)

Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio (Sheamus is the new Cena/Orton)

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar (Logic would dictate Brock winning but Vince and HHH, ugh)

WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Big Show (Punk wins setting up a fued with Cena)

It is absolutely ridiculous how CM Punk's "revolution" is just a marketing gimmick. This should have been his fucking TV character, at least somewhat.

I was just about to post this word for word. It's insane. Good job, 'E :|

It was. Straight Edge Society. New Nexus. Voice of the Voiceless.

Those were a cult, a spin off, and a lie, respectively. None of them was the revolution that should've happened post-CM Punk shoot.

Both were wasted. Then he finally got over and it went to shit in multiple ways. Listening to Punk in interviews, he had plenty of good ideas for SES and New Nexus and nothing could ever pan out for the guy.

They burried every stable Punk was in to Super Faces. The way they booked the New Nexus in the Royal Rumble 2011 protecting Punk like he was Jesus was great till about half way through when Cena came in and eliminated everybody.

Keyser, are you betting Summerslam? HHH (+350), Cena (+424!), and Dolph (+300) are all getting some great odds. Even Del Rio is +500, though I still wouldn't take him at that.

PTP +270

Paracelsus

Brock will win/Double KO
Ziggler will lose by DQ
Bryan will win
Ryback will win
Miz will win
Sheamus will win, Del Rio sneak attacking, Ziggler new WHC
Punk will win but not clear.

Keyser, are you betting Summerslam? HHH (+350), Cena (+424!), and Dolph (+300) are all getting some great odds. Even Del Rio is +500, though I still wouldn't take him at that.

PTP +270

I did put a small bet on a few days back

b2KBU.jpg

I did not add Sheamus into the accumlator, as it was REALLY low odds. Did not do Ziggler, as I was was afraid they could do a switcharoo, and have Jericho win. Added Man U for a stupid reason - as I think the odds are good (that could backfire obviously - regret adding that now). Could win €66.82

Noticed the Brock odds have fallen a lot lately.

Top Bottom