• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Laserfrog

GOODBYE
I6w28.jpg

Ithil

Overall, pretty good PPV, really. Terrible ending to the WHC match, wrong result for Tag Title match, and the Bork/HHH match was dull outside of the finish, but the rest was all fine.

Anth0ny

the end of hhh?

AHABHAHBAHBAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

he'll be back at wrestlemania, if not earlier. he won't stop burying guys until the day he dies.

also, why did the show end 15 minutes early? the fuck? how much applause did hunter expect?

Sokantish

the end of hhh?

AHABHAHBAHBAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

he'll be back at wrestlemania, if not earlier. he won't stop burying guys until the day he dies.

also, why did the show end 15 minutes early? the fuck? how much applause did hunter expect?

Wrestlemania? More like tomorrow on RAW

Triple H vs Brock at WM as trips real final match is all but confirmed. So WM will be:

Rock vs. Cena II
HHH vs. Lesnar
Punk vs. Austin?? (I think it will happen)
Undertaker match

That is a DAMN good card on paper. They could do some serious buys with that if it turns out this way.

Lingitiz

So opinions of the show?

I thought it was thumbs in the middle because of the Sheamus/Del Rio, Punk/Cena/Show and HHH/Brock matches.

Bad, mostly due to the build ups for the feuds. Dolph should've cashed in, and Wade Barrett was a no show. Sheamus/Del Rio had one of the worst finishes ever. Punk/Cena/Show was a joke due to the Big Show being the focus. Save that kind of match for a B PPV, not SS.

DMczaf

I will say, the counter and finish were really good.

Triple H getting his arm broken and tapping out was the correct finish. You now have a legit monster with Brock again.

Wow at all the negativity in here :|

I thought that was a pretty good match overall.

Huh? It was real boring for the most part. The Brock/Cena match had WAY more fire behind it. Only the table spot and the finishing sequence were worth a damn.

Overall it was a passable PPV. Not really good, but not offensively bad. Meh, no one will remember it in a month.

Diablos54

Pretty average PPV, Bryan, Punk, Ziggles and Lesnar jumping off a table the only bright spots. Can't believe that shitty match was the main event as well, terrible.

Top Bottom