• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Ithil

Triple H vs Brock at WM as trips real final match is all but confirmed. So WM will be:

Rock vs. Cena II
HHH vs. Lesnar
Punk vs. Austin?? (I think it will happen)
Undertaker match

That is a DAMN good card on paper. They could do some serious buys with that if it turns out this way.

Rock vs. Cena was technically a pretty meh match, the novelty and the crowd mde it entertaining. Without the novelty, and even worse, the knowledge that Cena would be 100% guaranteed to win, that match would be lame.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I think it was a solid PPV, but with a very, very poor build up, and a few questionable finishes/booking decisions (like having Brock/HHH be the last match).

7/10

Unless you are one of the chosen ones, this place will shit all over your match.

But that match did actually suck. Can't believe they went with that garbage as the ME.

I don't think it was bad, I was entertained by it and definitely wanted to keep watching because of the build up and the wrestlers involved.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
the match should have ended like

cSnBs.gif

Wow at all the negativity in here :|

I thought that was a pretty good match overall.

I thought the earlier matches were good to great. But the weird endings to both world title matches and the lackluster main event at SUMMERSLAM, which is supposed to be the 2nd biggest PPV of the year, were disappointing.

Bork vs. Rybork next?

It worked so well for Goldberg.

Have him crush a mid-card face on Raw. Then have him face off against Sheamus or Orton.
Dominate them then setup the Taker at Mania match.

HHH/Brock makes little sense. Taker/Brock can be a clean feud built off the UFC incident.

How much do you actually win if you're right with everything? I forgot

Not huge. I only bet €5, but have a chance to win €66 (around 12/1 odds), which is an okay amount for me if it come off.

I always tell myself to make a decent bet on PPVs, but never go through with it :/

Sokantish

Not huge. I only bet €5, but have a chance to win €66 (around 12/1 odds), which is an okay amount for me if it come off.

I always tell myself to make a decent bet on PPVs, but never go through with it :/

You should just save your winnings and bet it on the next PPV. It's a pretty nice payoff really considering you only bet €5

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'd love to see Jack Swagger vs. Brock in a good ol greco roman match on Superstars

BlazinAm

The thing about the summerslam ppv card is that they left what could have been a huge draw for them in a triple threat between Cena, Bryan and Punk. All three men are hot with the crowd in some way but instead they built a program around Bryan to pump up the yes chants when it doing well on its own. WWE wants to say summerslam is the second ppv to wrestlemania but they do it with a weaken card.

Also get the fuck over with the Sheamus vs Rio feud, like they don't work sell at all.

Kaladin

The thing about the summerslam ppv card is that they left what could have been a huge draw for them in a triple threat between Cena, Bryan and Punk. All three men are hot with the crowd in some way but instead they built a program around Bryan to pump up the yes chants when it doing well on its own. WWE wants to say summerslam is the second ppv to wrestlemania but they do it with a weaken card.

They completely ruined that match by putting Big Show in it. Cena vs Punk vs Bryan would have been the logical match to go with, but when has WWE ever been logical in their booking?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
To keep the Brock train rolling, they should have him on Raw talking the talk until Randy Orton interrupts. Before the end of the scene, have Orton deliver an RKO and set Brock into another fury for the next few months until Survivor Series where Orton/Brock would take place.

The best use of Brock would be to let him go on a rampage now that he is away from Cena until Wrestlemania where Undertaker would take the win to end the return of Brock.

Rey and Sin Cara should team up to help the tag-team division. Ziggler shouldn't be thrust into the title picture just yet. I'd like to see him win it at the Royal Rumble to build up to Wrestlemania.

Top Bottom