• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Christ, 3 hours and they still go 10 minutes overrun with a 15 minute plodding promo featuring no pipe bombs from anyone, preaching Cena, and one kick to Jerry Lawler.

Mehhhhhhh

I would have liked Lawler to elaborate on why he couldn't say that. Naming anybody, who isn't Cena, would have been productive and setup future, if not immediate, hooks for a feud.

Oh hey look it's Jerry Lawler being involved in another feud instead of just staying behind the scenes

the-room-tv-throw-o.gif

Kind of a weak looking kick, but ending was okay. Though why didn't Cena come out to help Lawler, while Punk quickly escapes the ring and we have the Punk/Cena stare down?

rvd2kewl

Punk's not getting booed anytime soon. They'll be here in Chicago two weeks from tonight and next week is a 2 hour drive from here (Milwaukee) so he's not getting booed there either. Boston's been booing Cena for a while too so they might as well just continue to go the route they're going and see how it plays out. The crowd reactions aren't changing before that match though.

GBONZZZZ

So, what's the deal with Jericho? I'm watching the Canadian feed, don't mind about spoilers. Did he leave? If so, what's the reasoning?

Diablos54

Well that was... Stupid. Punk beat Cena a few weeks ago on RAW 1000, but apparently that's not enough for Cena. What a bunch of bullshit.

And it's obvious they're holding Punk back promo wise, he could have ripped Cena apart with the crap Cena was sprouting, but no...

Novid

Banned
What did i tell yall.

Wait, wait... But Novid, Saban wasnt going to change the product! Vince said he would CHANGE!?

Well guess what. Saban's Money is more important (to help John Cena of course) than the future of the Brand. AJ has become K-On Gimmick, Punk is nowhere near his promise. D-Bry is Benoit without all the baggage (that isnt a good thing) Sandow has something but that something might soon turn into Nothing, they Ruin'd A-Train after his success in Japan The women's division is near death, the tag's as much as HHH wants them to be bigger are not working...

So what you gonna see after August 25? The deathnell of the brand. Period. You can thank Saban and his BILLIONS. Nobody belived me in the Gaf-Hop board that Nicky (cant call her the C-WORD no more) Minaj was not infuenced by Biggie, Pac and Weezy - but is a damn fucking Eroge Cosplayer trying to get Gaga props - until the recent adverts. Nobody believed me, when i told folks that Vita was going to have problems...welp... And now, you seeing the effect of what Saban and his Political connections can do.

But that will be it for this brand. TNA will have its 15th annversery, as the biggest US wresling company. WWE will nowhere to be found.

SING THE MOTHERFUCKING DOOM SONG!

http://youtu.be/fqcn_TPu4qQ

IN DUBSTEP

http://youtu.be/Bmy58HhKMtc

HELL FUCK IT, GET MIZZAINS THEME - THE ONLY GOOD ONE JIM JOHNSON HAS LEFT HERE!

http://youtu.be/PUVJvA2Jctw

Say good fucking bye to the good old days, time to pray,

because WE ARE DOOOMED!

gurudyne

I'm lost, does that title mean anything anymore? Shouldn't it signify best in the world? Isn't that its reason for existence? Or have we moved to an informal title based hierarchy? "You might be the WWE Champ, but I'm the King of Kings ever since I beat the last one." How, in an arc about the title being something of value, is the value of the title getting buried?

It feels like it can be a decent arc, though. It'd be an excellent spot if say Cena served up another promo like tonight and Punk dropped a pipebomb on how meaningless it's become (bonus points for referencing the Cena design elements) before silently walking out of the arena and dropping it in the river/ocean.

strobogo

Banned
I'd much, much rather have King as a full time in ring competitor than in the booth. I'll take a "Jerry Lawler shows how to properly punch someone in the face" match over him fake giggling and sounding like a Stepford Wife.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Ahhh, thanks for the info. Any word on if it's just temporary? I assume his tour won't be going on forever...
You'd be surprised. It actually is going on forever. Jericho signed some weird deal where he has to do a Fozzy show every other day for the rest of his life.

McNei1y

Ahhh, thanks for the info. Any word on if it's just temporary? I assume his tour won't be going on forever...

I remember him saying a couple of weeks ago that he planned on finishing up his touring before coming back.. so I guess however long his tour is for?

It's unfortunate since Jericho is my favorite but at I know that I will mark out when he comes back.

BAH GAWD WHO COULD IT BE? SOMEONE WITH Y2J IN HIS NAME. I CAN'T BREAK THE DAMN CODE!

Top Bottom