• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

G-Fex

"I like my avatar" then you change it. I see through the lies.

I'm asking you guys to make this a reality. Put your avatar up, get Panda in for the match - we HAVE to have a main event.

And for your avatar, I humbly request if you lose you are saddled with this for one month:

Yes, the coin purse.

NO!

I'd rather be subjected to a Chyna avatar

This is supposedly the worst Kane match out there. Any of you Kaneinites want to weigh in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxfSAMYF8EI&feature=youtu.be

Part 1. You can find Part 2 from 1.

Bloody hell i'd forgotten about this, Kronik have some of the sloppiest ring work i've seen and their moves have no impact at all, the fans give zero fucks and the Bros of Destruction deserved better than the dreck they were handed in the invasion era.

G-Fex is right about other X Pac stuff, he just came off as a boring weasel like douche who couldn't actually BE A MAN AND FIGHT, even when he beat Kane it was as if he lost. He even reused HHH's flamethrower spot that one time and he still sucked.
X Pac's betrayal of Kane basically killed his WWE career, you don't turn on Triple G and keep the fans respect.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NO!

I'd rather be subjected to a Chyna avatar

Be honest Fex - what's it gonna take to make you put your avatar up for the match? Seriously, I want to make this happen. Real stakes.

XenoRaven

Nah it's not.

Bryan is turning face in a few months tops. But probably in a few weeks time. With the crowd reaction he's getting WWE has little choice but to turn him.
I have to say, barring any major catastrophes, I'm pretty impressed by the stuff they've had for Bryan for the past year. When he screamed at everyone to stop saying "Yes!" I figured he'd be hearing sarcastic "Yes!" chants for the rest of his career kind of like Owen Hart had to constantly deal with "Nugget" chants. But this whole anger management thing could actually turn him face again and have the crowd chant "Yes!" because they actually like him instead of this weird thing where the little jimmies want to make fun of him and the Bryan fans don't know if they should chant or not.

I'm impressed with Bryan too. Everything I heard about the guy up until last year made it seem like he didn't really want a wacky character, or to cut exaggerated promos, and just let his ring work do the talking for him. I don't know what changed, but I'm glad it did. The guy has a ton of personality and he's become a reason for me to watch RAW even if he never gets in the ring.

It's almost as if they gave a guy with a ton of talent a chance to see what he could do, and then gave him consistent story progression for an entire year. I don't know how he got so over. WEIRD.

G-Fex

Pretty damn good!

It depends if anyone is up for facing you in particular. Did you have Ultimate Marvel? I think Panda likes that game. If nobody else comes through I'll face you in...P4A. Even though I blow at ARC games.

I don't have ultimate marvel....maybe I'll pick it up I dunno.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have ultimate marvel....maybe I'll pick it up I dunno.

Baw gawd I tend to derail these topics so much so I'll seriously shut up after I say this but

I really enjoy Ultimate MVC3 a lot more having read Cosmic Marvel books. Makes a huge difference.

XenoRaven

Cody cuts better heel promos than Punk
I'm sorry. My disrespect sense is tingling. Are you disrespecting CM Punk? He's the WWE champion and deserves respect. You should respect him and you should also respect his respect because he is respectful of the respect he respects so let's all respect the respect champion and learn to respect him and his respectful respect.

strobogo

Banned
Lolz to someone thinking Beth's boobs were real. Holy bologna. Next thing you know someone will be thinking Kaitlyn's boobs are real.

I'm surprised that WWE bothered to get the scratch logo issue settled. They've spent YEARS editing all the footage from the era. Almost a decade. And now they can use it again. I bet some video tech guys are so pissed right now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm sorry. My disrespect sense is tingling. Are you disrespecting CM Punk? He's the WWE champion and deserves respect. You should respect him and you should also respect his respect because he is respectful of the respect he respects so let's all respect the respect champion and learn to respect him and his respectful respect.

I wish I could find the promo Jerry Lynn cut after winning the LHW title because it's pretty much the same promo that Punk has been cutting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpwDQSfDq2g

DAMIEN SANDOW IS THE! BEST! THING! EVER!

Sandow is breaking into my fave five.
That R Truth and Kofi bit really makes me actually want to see the WWE split up another tag team, Kofi turns heel and kicks Truths face off for this little Jimmy BS that is slowly becoming excruciating, Kofi has the suit, he is already on the path to heel, lets see what the man can do cut free from the shackles of generic mid card face with directionless (or just non existent) promos, let Kofi undergo his Rocky Maivia transformation, Kofi Kingston becomes Kofi the King.

Or WWE could make face wrestlers not suck for a change, nah that's asking too much. Funny thing is you can jump back to Kane here, he's a face but he's entertaining because he doesn't act like every other face, he's still his own character, see it can work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Things to look forward to in the September OT:

Fave Five RANKED and VOTED on by you guys!
Fight of Fighters 2013 Community PPV results!
New wall of shame!
New...Sexy?!
And someone in this very thread has a plan for Sunday PPVs when none are on!

October's gonna be ridiculous with WWE 13.

G-Fex

Baw gawd I tend to derail these topics so much so I'll seriously shut up after I say this but

I really enjoy Ultimate MVC3 a lot more having read Cosmic Marvel books. Makes a huge difference.

We'll see, sadly I'll have to wait til thursday probably to pick up a new game. That's payday.

XenoRaven

Sandow is breaking into my fave five.
That R Truth and Kofi bit really makes me actually want to see the WWE split up another tag team, Kofi turns heel and kicks Truths face off for this little Jimmy BS that is slowly becoming excruciating, Kofi has the suit, he is already on the path to heel, lets see what the man can do cut free from the shackles of generic mid card face with directionless (or just non existent) promos, let Kofi undergo his Rocky Maivia transformation, Kofi Kingston becomes Kofi the King.
I don't know what else he was supposed to say, but I love Kofi's answer to Cole's question about lil Jimmy. He was basically like "I uhh...support Truth." Lol so basically he nicely said the man is out of his mind.

Lil Jimmy is an asshole by the way. He made Bryan relapse.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Makes sense. Since Lawler's a scumbag.

A lot of what came out of Memphis for heat involved race, too - just basically Lawler was from a place that would use some low tactics to get some insane heat. Like Jimmy Hart and Skinner not liking "Orientals":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GijAFYuJdHU

Jimmy Hart again offering watermelons and women to Kamala:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kGWFk4ZcWQ

And Brickhouse Brown dealing with the Stud Stable:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rzDf5sEsvY

And here we thought Kamala coming from the "dark continent of Africa" was bad! Memphis had it all beat.

G-Fex

G-Fex you don't want to play me in Marvel.

e5lzK.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow Sunflower, almost as amazing as I am in Marvel

It blows man. I just lay down my controller when someone uses Wesker as an assist and

ARGH

Let's talk JBL. Thoughtful analysis? Yes, I say yes. Good stuff from him, I like his wrasslin' mind.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's still better than what Batista's MMA record will be.

That reminds me - do we want to take a trip over to MMA-GAF for Batista's debut to see him get pulverized, or should we stick around in here and have them come to us?

Top Bottom