• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Aiii

So not worth it
Regal was an awesome GM. Damn it Regal, had to fuck it all up too!

The thing with current era GM's is that all they do is make "on the fly" calls and all ends up being a tag-team or 1vs1 match of the people in the ring or in a backstage promo at that exact moment.

It would be easy to book a good GM-role. But not by this creative team.

jmdajr

I feel the same way. The recaps and ads are soul crushing while the roster is weak. Boredom Clay and Ryback are terrible.

At least I have Punk and Bryan.

I have hope in Ryback.

There in no potential for Brodus though. Not with that gimmick. Will go no higher than Santino level.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
General consensus is that she's hot. It's debatable for every woman on earth, but lets go with the majority vote here. That she's over (although more over pre-GM stint) is pretty much a given.

So creepy to me! Just creepy!

Anywho, I prefer her not doing so great as GM as opposed to guest GMs. I'll take social media ambassadors any day of the week. Usually Mondays.

Aiii

So not worth it
Someone who never recovered from Benoit dying was Chavo. Chavo lived through Eddie and Benoit and I think they humbled him a lot. When they died, he was so fucking lost, and he has never recovered. I always wonder how Malenko is doing.

Malenko is a backstage producer and seems to be doing well from what I can tell by the few times they show him during HOF stuff and what not.

He's had that job for ages and people seem to really like him backstage from what little I can gather. Seems to be doing alright, married for a long time, bunch of kids. Did have a heart attack last year though.

Anyway:
http://www.wwe.com/classics/wherearetheynow/where-are-they-now-dean-malenko
http://www.wwe.com/classics/wherearetheynow/where-are-they-now-dean-malenko-part-two

mooooose

Malenko is a backstage producer and seems to be doing well from what I can tell by the few times they show him during HOF stuff and what not.

He's had that job for ages and people seem to really like him backstage from what little I can gather. Seems to be doing alright, married for a long time, bunch of kids. Did have a heart attack last year though.

Anyway:
http://www.wwe.com/classics/wherearetheynow/where-are-they-now-dean-malenko
http://www.wwe.com/classics/wherearetheynow/where-are-they-now-dean-malenko-part-two
Yeah I knew he was a producer, I just wonder if he has his demons too. His closest friends are dead (Eddie, Benoit), nuts (Chavo/Saturn), or drug addicts (Saturn). Poor guy.

I realize that Benoit has been on DVDs since, but I mean advertising him as such. Going out of their way to put his matches on DVDs as bonuses and whatnot. I think it will happen eventually.

The WWE/Scooby Doo crossover is going to have the villain dressing up as the ghost of Chris Benoit "haunting" his old home, spoilers: it's Chavo Guerrero trying to scare people away from the fortune Benoit left to Eddie Guerrero but was unobtainable since Eddie's already dead so Chavo is snooping around the household to scare away intruders and find the wealth himself and he would've got a way with it to if it weren't for that meddling Cenation.
Random police officer line: well we'll see who taps out....in jail! because every Scooby doo episode needs a smartass Cop remark relating to the villains disguise.

I think Vince could get away with this. He gauges the reaction and then decides if he can release The Rise and Fall of Benoit 3 disc blu ray.

Aiii

So not worth it
Saturn is actually doing quite well now.

Even was at FCW/NXT recently visiting the young talent.

Gotta give it to WWE, they seem to be rather forgiving of past mistakes as far as allowing these guys backstage goes. How many employers would allow that?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I knew he was a producer, I just wonder if he has his demons too. His closest friends are dead (Eddie, Benoit), nuts (Chavo/Saturn), or drug addicts (Saturn). Poor guy.

Saturn's on his way back. He's doing so much better now. Watched his youshoot and thankfully, he's all still there up in his head. He had a horrible stint with drugs, was shot, and more...but he has people around who care for him and he's on his way to a better life.

Aiii

So not worth it
The WWE/Scooby Doo crossover is going to have the villain dressing up as the ghost of Chris Benoit "haunting" his old home, spoilers: it's Chavo Guerrero trying to scare people away from the fortune Benoit left to Eddie Guerrero but was unobtainable since Eddie's already dead so Chavo is snooping around the household to scare away intruders and find the wealth himself and he would've got a way with it to if it weren't for that meddling Cenation.
Random police officer line: well we'll see who taps out....in jail! because every Scooby doo episode needs a smartass Cop remark relating to the villains disguise.

I think Vince could get away with this. He gauges the reaction and then decides if he can release The Rise and Fall of Benoit 3 disc blu ray.

Instead of a Rise and Fall, they could do a Greatest Rivalries set. Benoit vs. Concussions and Steroids.

Aiii

So not worth it
This is gettin' a little grim.

All kidding aside, if it were a proper documentary. An objective doc about Benoit's life and some expert opinions/suggestions as to how Benoit ended up doing what he did. Something that can teach future generations of wrestlers/sportsmen about what to avoid.
And teach WWE to stop abusing their talent by not giving them a month or two off per year
. I'd totally be down for that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
By the way, whoever it was in wrasslegaf that told me not to ignore Sleeping Dogs was right. Just sayin...you were right.

All kidding aside, if it were a proper documentary. An objective doc about Benoit's life and some expert opinions/suggestions as to how Benoit ended up doing what he did. Something that can teach future generations of wrestlers/sportsmen about what to avoid.
And teach WWE to stop abusing their talent by not giving them a month or two off per year

I'd love to see WWE adopt 'seasons' or somesuch for a talent rotation, but greed is a bitch. It'd be so much better for the wrestlers' mental health, gives them time to get into better shape without the abuse, give you a lot of ways to run storylines...it'd be great if it went that way. 6 months on, 3 months off. Even 1 month is a hell of a lot better than what is happening now. I know WWE talks a bunch about "THERE IS NO OFF SEASON" but at this point, there's enough talent to where you can cycle them through if you'd just pare down your fuckin glut of programming.

Instead of a Rise and Fall, they could do a Greatest Rivalries set. Benoit vs. Concussions and Steroids.
Benoit vs. Benoit
It's interesting hearing the wrestlers talk about how unlike Benoit it was to do what he did yet also notice his descent into madness/depression, Jericho's 2nd book in particular covered this on a few points.

This is gettin' a little grim.

It's actually how I personally deal with it, bleak humour to override the fact that one of my favourites went bananas to put it pleasantly.

By the way, whoever it was in wrasslegaf that told me not to ignore Sleeping Dogs was right. Just sayin...you were right.

r2vaN.gif

Striker

Unfortunately they won't do that unless they are later forced to. They have to make money, so they send anybody out there who they think will be a good market for them.

Case in point when Mark Henry was in the main event scene on Smackdown. He was going strong then got injured. He didn't want to take time off because he knew if he did he would lose his spot. Which is precisely what happened.

For the longest time, unless you were a 10+ year vet, or you were good buds with Triple H, or your name was John Cena or Randy Orton, you were losing your spot if you lost time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately they won't do that unless they are later forced to. They have to make money, so they send anybody out there who they think will be a good market for them.

Case in point when Mark Henry was in the main event scene on Smackdown. He was going strong then got injured. He didn't want to take time off because he knew if he did he would lose his spot. Which is precisely what happened.

For the longest time, unless you were a 10+ year vet, or you were good buds with Triple H, or your name was John Cena or Randy Orton, you were losing your spot if you lost time.

Some of this is the general wrestling business - anyone will tell you that taking time off for injury KILLS your hot streak, and it does. It sucks, but it does. That's how this business works.

The merchandising is what kills me though - knowing you'll never see Rey lose a Mask vs ____ match because he sells so many masks, knowing you won't see Cena turn unless there's a valid replacement that can sell as much merch as he can. It's painful but there's nothing you can do about it.

Aiii

So not worth it
They didn't let Cena near the mic yesterday. And he had that weird "Monday, it's time to work" comment in the camera before his match. Also, they totally dropped the storyline where Punk had to decide wether he wanted to face Cena or not and just announced the match via AJ instead this week.

I wonder if the dirtsheet report of Cena's promo and being vocal about being dissatisfied with his character last week had some truth to it after all.

G-Fex

I'd love to see WWE adopt 'seasons' or somesuch for a talent rotation, but greed is a bitch. It'd be so much better for the wrestlers' mental health, gives them time to get into better shape without the abuse, give you a lot of ways to run storylines...it'd be great if it went that way. 6 months on, 3 months off. Even 1 month is a hell of a lot better than what is happening now. I know WWE talks a bunch about "THERE IS NO OFF SEASON" but at this point, there's enough talent to where you can cycle them through if you'd just pare down your fuckin glut of programming.

watching sleeping dogs on twitch and it looks awesome.

With my overtime money I can't wait I'm going to go on a fucking mega shopping spree

Sleeping dogs, Darksiders II, Persona 4: Arena, Madden 13. It's gonna be great.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
didn't wwe and wwf settle their beef so wwe could use the old scratch logo for videos?

watching sleeping dogs on twitch and it looks awesome.

With my overtime money I can't wait I'm going to go on a fucking mega shopping spree

Sleeping dogs, Darksiders II, Persona 4: Arena, Madden 13. It's gonna be great.

I thought you hated new games with the fury of a thousand suns just because.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
didn't wwe and wwf settle their beef so wwe could use the old scratch logo for videos?

Yes sir! Thankfully - because gok dam the scratch logo was EVERYWHERE and the blurring was just fuckin' ridiculous. Glad to see it not being mandatory anymore.

G-Fex

I thought you hated new games with the fury of a thousand suns just because.

I'm selling out Nocturnowl. Trust me I plan on buying a TON of old games too.

Even the most rarities I shall scour the globe for...such as Contra 3 and.....TMNT: Turtles in time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys why don't you like Aean Dmbrose anymore... He's the future!!!!!!!!!

Future is right.... distant future. And then future endeavored.

I'm skeptical of WWE's use of talent, that's all.

Ithil

They didn't let Cena near the mic yesterday. And he had that weird "Monday, it's time to work" comment in the camera before his match. Also, they totally dropped the storyline where Punk had to decide wether he wanted to face Cena or not and just announced the match via AJ instead this week.

I wonder if the dirtsheet report of Cena's promo and being vocal about being dissatisfied with his character last week had some truth to it after all.

Cena hasn't given much of a crap for years. Outside of one or two bright spots, he comes across as bored and uninterested in most promos and matches. That's what happens when you have to stay as such a stale and dull character day in day out for so long.

It doesn't help when your "franchise" man has no interest in whatever program he's in. I mean, remember when Daniel Bryan won that Beat the Clock match that put him against CM Punk at Over The Limit. Punk came out and clapped, and while it was a character thing for rivals, you could easily tell both guys were legitimately happy and excited to be starting the program. That kind of fresh enthusiasm is key to keeping the main event scene entertaining these days. If the people in the program are excited about it, well it tends to get you excited about it too.

But when Cena stands there staring into space while the other guy talks, then smirks and ignores everything he said to crack some lame joke and throw out some slogans for B A * (then attack them from behind), why should I give a shit? He clearly doesn't, so neither should I. Same deal with the commentary team, if half the time they're not interested or enthusiastic, how am I supposed to be?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yes we did SoulBro, all it took was the sheer awfulness of a boring 3 hour Raw for the denizens of wrasslegaf to realise Kane is like one of the only good things left, D Bryne was cool too, the best part of Raw was a cheesy comedy skit, that pretty much sums things up.

So Kane/Ryder tag team? yay or nay, seems like a Kane cycle stage.

This Punk heel turn has fallen so flat for me, it's strange that unlike most here I didn't mind face Punk but this heel Punk is just like a whiny heel to the point I almost want to cheer Cena, that said Punk beat the fuck out of King and that's always approved.

HHH's grubby fingerprints were all over Raw in the worst way, I had to fast forward through his shit towards the end so if he's retired or something somebody better tell me because i'm gauging things from a sped up version of him wobbling up the ramp.

Where the hell is Wade Barrett?! did he even get a promo this week?
I don't want a Kane/Ryder tag team (I'll only be watching youtube clips of it, anyway, lol). I would love a Bryan/Kane tag team, though.

However, I would give Kane/Ryder a chance.

McNei1y

I don't want a Kane/Ryder tag team (I'll only be watching youtube clips of it, anyway, lol). I would love a Bryan/Kane tag team, though.

However, I would give Kane/Ryder a chance.

During the anger management promos with them, i thought about how awesome a bryan/kane team would be. I mean Bryan is already feuding with 50% of the tag champs.

Top Bottom