• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

One thing I'm a bit worried about with the first hour is how it's had the lowest ratings of the 3 hours so far, meaning I'm hoping they don't push back big promos and segments to 9 and 10 o'clock hour making the 8 o'clock hour filled with time-killing recaps and garbage.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
One thing I'm a bit worried about with the first hour is how it's had the lowest ratings of the 3 hours so far, meaning I'm hoping they don't push back big promos and segments to 9 and 10 o'clock hour making the 8 o'clock hour filled with time-killing recaps and garbage.

When Macho Man was running WCW, he ran an hour of commercials during the 8pm hour and ran nearly commercial free the remaining 2 hours. That lasted for about a week.

bangai-o

Banned
When Macho Man was running WCW, he ran an hour of commercials during the 8pm hour and ran nearly commercial free the remaining 2 hours. That lasted for about a week.
isnt that how the nfl does it. try to ge the commercial quota out of the way sooner.

sAPdk.jpg

>>>>>>>> CM Punk

Did everyone drink their milk and take their vitamins today? only 23 minutes until the greatest Raw ever! I'm shaking with anticipation! I can feel it!

bangai-o

Banned
i can just imagine Macho Man directing the guys in the truck.

"*dramatic macho man voice* we're gonna run all the commercials during the first hour. yes we are brother"

jobber

isnt that how the nfl does it. try to ge the commercial quota out of the way sooner.
Nope. Networks will cram a commercial in at every opportunity.

This sounds amazing. Do it Vince!

Raw did go commercial free once. WCW had more leverage since Turner owned everything. During that first hour of Nitro there was 1 5 minute match and 2 promos. The rest was commercials.

i can just imagine Macho Man directing the guys in the truck.

"*dramatic macho man voice* we're gonna run all the commercials during the first hour. yes we are brother"

We're gonna open with a promo segment, yeah, let em have a little bit of shine, JUST A LITTLE BIT. Then we're gonna sell the ads, yeah, ad-ver-ti-sing dollars, UH HUH, commercial after commercial, slim jims and 1-800-collect.....

WOW MAN YEAH

jobber

im pretty sure there are way more commercials during the first half then the second half. at the last quarter we only get a commercial at a score or two minute warning.

don't forget time outs, injuries, reviews, change of possession, and tv time outs.

bangai-o

Banned
don't forget time outs, injuries, reviews, change of possession, and tv time outs.
thats the thing though. they dont cut to commrcials with those if they already met the quota during the first half. im not saying its commercial free but it is less commercials.
Raw seems to have a different deal where we get ton of commercials thru the whole show.

DMczaf

That was actually a Friday night show if I remember correctly. And there was a message behind the episode about her learning to not use her looks and persuasion to get through in life or whatever. Out of context it's very weird, but yeah...

Looks like something G-Fex would write.

Top Bottom