• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Kaladin

0806-jackson-andrews-wwe-2.jpg

Oh, that guy.

WWE have an awesome travel package for rich folk at Mania this year.....

I highlighted the two things I don't think they have done before. Anyone got ten grand I can borrow?
I did platinum two years in a row before they split off VIP for Miami. I'm in the second row in Atlanta an still had my view blocked half the show because I was camera side.

They wanted an extra 1000 and you were only guaranteed first four rows last year. Now it's going up another 5. There's a couple cool things they're doing but they should make it row 1 or 1 and 2 to limit the people. Who cares if you're meeting a legend on a tour and there's still 300 of you. Plus tht price point is an absolute ball buster. Too bad they treat their fans shitty at shows now. I've been told to sit and be quiet while booing a heel promo.
They've neutered the audience, lowered the fan interest, and now tripled the price. Brilliant.

I'm doing wrestlecon and buying a 100 level mania ticket. Should be an awesome weekend.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I totally agree, but... not wrestling ability nor muscle size get you over in the business. What gets you over is that microphone and how you are booked.

Look at Cena. He got over with his thuganomics gimmick. He wasn't bulky back then.

Cena was a former bodybuilder. He wasn't huge, but he was slightly bigger or around the same size as a Kurt Angle upon his debut.

The Mysterious & Handsome Stranger's twitter is gold;

https://twitter.com/HandsomeMystery

"Predicting my movements is like predicting the weather. Can't be done. Except through sorcery. #DoNotTrustMeteorologists"

"Ain't polite to talk politics in front of a lady but I got somethin' to say. So, ladies, please un-follow me. #Gentleman"

"2¢ for a stamp is robbery. #PresidentCleveland"

"Just when you start trusting locomotives, they introduce the automobile. #SlowDown"

"Don't know how to use the typewriter. Sapphire does my Twitters for me. #Pecking"

Greatest gimmick of 2012? Greatest gimmick of 2012.

Seriously. The Reseda crowd will tear him a new one, and it will be glorious. Personally, I'm glad, heel Davey is far superior to face Davey anyway, even if the dude is a massive asshole.
That's an amazing string of tweets.

Kyoufu

Cena was a former bodybuilder. He wasn't huge, but he was slightly bigger or around the same size as a Kurt Angle upon his debut.

My point is, it doesn't matter how you look. It really doesn't. It doesn't even matter how good your wrestling ability is.

It's all about promos and booking.

Nothing nobody here matters they don't have ratings boxes or they watch off streams.

Agreed, that's why I just skip the first hour; WWE plays so many recaps throughout the middle of the show that I might as well take advantage of it.

Besides, even if someone in this thread had a Nielsen box, they'd keep it to themselves; otherwise, they'd have to deal with all sorts of weird pressure from other posters to turn it on and off at specific points in the show. Having even a little influence over the ratings would drive the thread power-crazy, I'm telling you.

I like you Bootaaay. Good luck to the Hammers this season. :)

Cheers, we're going to need all the luck we can get, I fear. Expect to see some truly ugly football from us this season. And, as I doubt we'll be vying for the same league positions, good luck to the barcodes too - I'll always have a soft spot for Pardew, he's a bit of a wally, but a good manager.

somedevil

Punk is fine shape to me. That pic doesn't make him look good but he looked fine to me when he wrestled John Cena. All I care is about is the match quality and him not getting gassed 5 minutes into a match.

If he keeps giving the quality of matches he did against Daniel Bryan for 25 minutes then how he looks now is fine to me.

Kyoufu

Cheers, we're going to need all the luck we can get, I fear. Expect to see some truly ugly football from us this season. And, as I doubt we'll be vying for the same league positions, good luck to the barcodes too - I'll always have a soft spot for Pardew, he's a bit of a wally, but a good manager.

Pardeau is odd. I feel bad for him tbh. If our owner wasn't so tight he'd have a beautiful squad to play with.

Punk is fine shape to me. That pic doesn't make him look good but he looked fine to me when he wrestled John Cena. All I care is about is the match quality and him not getting gassed 5 minutes into a match.

If he keeps giving the quality of matches he did against Daniel Bryan for 25 minutes then how he looks now is fine to me.

Yeah I love watching his matches.

XenoRaven

Obviously Punk has been struggling with alcoholism since Jericho poured alcohol in his mouth and he has developed a beer gut. Don't blame Punk. Blame that rascal Jericho!

G-Fex

I'd like to give CM Punk that rejuvenating tonic that Mr. Burns gave Ken Griffey Jr. in that one old simpsons episode.

CM Punk's grotesquely swollen Jaw

rvd2kewl

I did platinum two years in a row before they split off VIP for Miami. I'm in the second row in Atlanta an still had my view blocked half the show because I was camera side.

They wanted an extra 1000 and you were only guaranteed first four rows last year. Now it's going up another 5. There's a couple cool things they're doing but they should make it row 1 or 1 and 2 to limit the people. Who cares if you're meeting a legend on a tour and there's still 300 of you. Plus tht price point is an absolute ball buster. Too bad they treat their fans shitty at shows now. I've been told to sit and be quiet while booing a heel promo.
They've neutered the audience, lowered the fan interest, and now tripled the price. Brilliant.

They screwed people over this year too in Miami and had most of the fans stuck behind the giant palm trees for the show. On top of that, the trees really limited the amount of ringside seats they had this year. The ones that complained enough to the right people about the palm trees blocking their view ended up getting free ringside tickets (5th row) to another show. That helps a little, but it still had to be a rotten feeling to travel all that way to Mania, pay a decent buck for a ringside seat and end up with a blocked view to a "Once in a Lifetime" event.

It's really disappointing to see the direction they're heading with the tickets. Ringside tickets to house shows and TV shows are up to $107/each now after Ticketmaster fees and the PPV ringside seats are $325-$525 depending on the city. Mania's now quickly becoming like a boxing ticket where the only people ringside are the comp'ed tickets and rich people.

I'm doing wrestlecon and buying a 100 level mania ticket. Should be an awesome weekend.

Best way to go for Mania 29 weekend IMO.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What we really need is a Snooki rematch at WM. Fuck bitching about one unflattering photo of Punk, the real problem is the lack of Jersey Shore in the WWE.

Agreed. And wasn't EVERYONE impressed with what Snooki could do? Give us some Ronnie! Single Ronnie for GM!

Enfinit

Agreed. And wasn't EVERYONE impressed with what Snooki could do? Give us some Ronnie! Single Ronnie for GM!

I mean, holy FUCK that guy's awesome. Booker T's a joke compared to Ronnie. I'd watch Snooki backspring-elbow-shit a different Diva every RAW for months.

GODDAMN WWE HIRE US.

Love that promo, almost as much as this one;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XevxBvFYhuI

I WISH I could find that one after Punk & Colt win the tag titles, and Punk's cutting a super serious promo, only for Cabana to blow a party whistle in his face, throw streamers in the air and scream "Live from Chicago, Illinois, it's GOOD TIMES, GREAT MEMORIES!!!" - the look on Punk's face was priceless.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
May I have your attention please

I've just received a text from the anonymous Raw texter

and I quote

Shawn Michaels LIVE on Raw TONIGHT. Lesner and Triple H in the building as well. Buy a Slurpee

Enfinit

Just got this from WWE via text:

scaled.php

Also:

Azo53yFCEAMRZvQ.jpg:large

AzpC1FkCAAEBpgu.jpg:large

Devil Punk is much better than Matt Hardy 2.0. Wonder why the hell he has that on.

XenoRaven

Suddenly I don't feel like watching RAW anymore. I wonder what was announced between 60 seconds ago and now that made me feel that way. Huh. Weird.

Top Bottom