• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

somedevil

Ahhh yes. How the heck did I forget him.

Fake Edit.. googling him and he actually first signed with WWE in 02 and had a short TV run in the mid 00's as a super generic character called Idol Stevens then got released and got signed again a year or two ago.

So technically he was a returning superstar.

Antonio Cesaro and Del Rio got called up after a year of doing dark matches. Also, most of the 1st year of nxt got called up.

Fake Edit.. googling him and he actually first signed with WWE in 02 and had a short TV run in the mid 00's as a super generic character called Idol Stevens then got released and got signed again a year or two ago.

So technically he was a returning superstar.

Lol, how long before Cena buries Sandow's gimmick by playing this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8I--fw_Nv8

"The intellectual saviour of the unwashed masses? What happened to the Maharaja of Ménage à Trois? I liked that guy!" /Cena smirk.

*edit...Beth. Daaaaaaamn.

Laserfrog

CT8px.png

Trips and fake DDP are having a body-building pose contest!

Kaladin

Davey Richards, Tony Kozina and one of their no-name students cut a promo on why Team Ambition is dead and this is now the era of Team Wrestling's Most Wanted, as they try to turn their fuck-up in Iowa into a gimmick;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyeWsDJablk

Youtube comments nail it again;

"Wrestling's most wanted? Pretty ironic considering you can't even get booked by ROH anymore."

These guys are the biggest joke in wrestling right now and they don't even realize it. Talk about an overrated talent with an inflated ego.

tm24

Davey Richards, Tony Kozina and one of their no-name students cut a promo on why Team Ambition is dead and this is now the era of Team Wrestling's Most Wanted, as they try to turn their fuck-up in Iowa into a gimmick;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyeWsDJablk

Youtube comments nail it again;

"Wrestling's most wanted? Pretty ironic considering you can't even get booked by ROH anymore."
Bola is gonna be the most amazing davey hatefest ever

UberTag

Looks like ex-WWE mainstay Big Dick Johnson is pulling strings in the Big Brother House to keep Sycho Sid's son (aka Farting Frank Nauseous) from being evicted.

Frank would have been out the door in Week 1 had the swing vote not been coerced into switching her vote against her preferred alliance to save Frank and evict a Playboy playmate.

He was then poised to be blindsided in Week 3 except the eviction ceremony was wiped out for a game reset to send the returning BB players into the game to play as houseguests.

Finally, Frank was out the door in Week 4 up until last night when the main power player in the house decided to switch his primary alliance partner after protecting her for the past two weeks. He's now using Frank as a shield and Frank doesn't seem to be on anyone's immediate radar for next week.

Incidentally, Farting Frank's trademark finishing maneuver appears to be the old school Airplane Spin.
He has performed this move on most of the female houseguests at one point or another.
I'm not sure they appreciate Frank emulating the likes of Bastion Booger and Duke "The Dumpster" Droese when it comes to personal hygiene.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
As champion Punk needs to either bulk up or slimdown that gut. You're champion, give a shit about your health and present yourself better.

Punk looks gross, he really does. How hard would it be to get in shape and a little more defined? You have top-notch fitness resources at your disposal and you look like that (and aren't 50 years old so that can't be an excuse). I love the guy but he looks fucking embarrassing for a high profile WWE champion. Seriously just go on a cut or something, how hard could that be.

As champion Punk needs to either bulk up or slimdown that gut. Your champion, give a shit about your health and present yourself better.
Yep.

Just look at that picture. That's the look of an indie reject not a prolific WWE champion. Vince can't be too happy about this but Punk's over so he's probably just rolling with it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
He's been champion for almost a year, he doesn't work harder than he has to. He knows his competition.
So he's lazy and unmotivated? Why is he champ again? He cuts one good promo and finally does one good thing in his run and he's holding the strap, why?

The Mysterious & Handsome Stranger's twitter is gold;

https://twitter.com/HandsomeMystery

"Predicting my movements is like predicting the weather. Can't be done. Except through sorcery. #DoNotTrustMeteorologists"

"Ain't polite to talk politics in front of a lady but I got somethin' to say. So, ladies, please un-follow me. #Gentleman"

"2¢ for a stamp is robbery. #PresidentCleveland"

"Just when you start trusting locomotives, they introduce the automobile. #SlowDown"

"Don't know how to use the typewriter. Sapphire does my Twitters for me. #Pecking"

Greatest gimmick of 2012? Greatest gimmick of 2012.

tm24 said:
Bola is gonna be the most amazing davey hatefest ever

Seriously. The Reseda crowd will tear him a new one, and it will be glorious. Personally, I'm glad, heel Davey is far superior to face Davey anyway, even if the dude is a massive asshole.

Kyoufu

The Punk hate here is hilarious sometimes. I fear for Daniel Bryan when people here turn on him.

I think Plywood is joking.

If not, then Punk explained his gut already on Art of Wrestling. He says no matter how much he works out at the gym (which is a lot) he just can't bulk up.

Besides, why does it matter? This isn't about who has the better looking six pack.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The Punk hate here is hilarious sometimes. I fear for Daniel Bryan when people here turn on him.
I'm calling it like it is. The one thing I will say Punk did is show that Cena does not need to be champ and that by keeping the two separate(Cena & the belt) you could still get solid ratings.

If not, then Punk explained his gut already on Art of Wrestling. He says no matter how much he works out at the gym (which is a lot) he just can't bulk up.

Besides, why does it matter? This isn't about who has the better looking six pack.
He's not intaking the right stuff, just about anyone with the proper nutrition and workout plan can bulk up.

inb4 roids joke

Rosa Mendes rumours about her being intoxicated on an air plane NOT true;

DivaDirt said:
False rumors have been circulating this afternoon that Mendes was arrested after coming off a flight that landed in San Antonio, the site of tonight’s Monday Night Raw taping. However, a representative for the San Antonio Police Department tells us that Rosa was not arrested, rather she was the victim of a crime.

In a phone call to Diva Dirt, an officer for the SAPD confirms that Rosa was the victim of an assault in Las Vegas prior to flying out to San Antonio for tonight’s taping.

The report states that after landing in San Antonio, Rosa was spotted visibly upset in a public bathroom at the San Antonio International Airport. A concerned female passerby called the police on her behalf.

Pictures of her injuries were taken by the SAPD, according to the report, and she was given courtesy transportation to her hotel in San Antonio.

The officer reiterates that there is no mention of the alleged intoxication in the report.

As long as Punk isn't getting gassed in his matches, I've no problem with him having a beer gut, lol. And hell, I like to see a guy at the top of the WWE who clearly isn't on the juice.

mooooose

Punk is pretty out of shape for a dude in his situation. D Bry has a similar amount of fat but significantly more muscle so it isn't as bad.

Kaladin

What if we don't watch? What's the worst that can happen?

WrassleGaf Observer 08/04/2012

In a knee jerk reaction to the 2.5 ratings of Monday Night Raw, Vince McMahon has personally invited Charlie Sheen to guest host on next Monday's episode. What will happen when Charlie Sheen finally comes face to face with Daniel Bryan in the ring?

Aiii

So not worth it
Punk is trying to be a vegan, but he's obviously not yet got his diet right. At least, that's what I think. But what the fuck do I know?

Kyoufu

As long as Punk isn't getting gassed in his matches, I've no problem with him having a beer gut, lol. And hell, I like to see a guy at the top of the WWE who clearly isn't on the juice.

I like you Bootaaay. Good luck to the Hammers this season. :)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I know people on the internet don't like to admit it, but believability is important in wrestling, something that is all about getting people to believe in it. It's fine if someone like Stan Hansen has a gut because he's a big, burly mother fucker. Or someone where he actually IS beleivable like Cain Velasquez who isn't looking like a roided out horse like Overeem, but you can tell he works out. When CM Punk has a gut and a Shawn Michaels sized body, it's hard to believe him beating guys like Big Show or Mark Henry.

You can have all the work rate in the world, but you need to look convincing against your opponent. You don't need to look like Lex Luger or John Cena, but it's hard to buy a shrimpy guy like Punk being a physical threat to a 'big guy'. He's basically the modern day Double J

rvd2kewl

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/06/wwe-diva-rosa-mendes-police-report-andy-slocum-jackson-andrews/

WWE diva Rosa Mendes told police her fiancé is a habitual woman-beater ... and she's afraid the guy will eventually try to kill her ... this according to a police report obtained by TMZ.

And sources tell TMZ ... the guy Mendes is afraid of is a former WWE talent.

According to the report, the San Antonio Police Dept. found Mendes crying in a bathroom stall at San Antonio International Airport late Sunday night, repeatedly stating that she needed help. Mendes had just flown from her home in Vegas to S.A. for a WWE event.

According to the police report, Mendes -- real name Milena Roucka -- told cops her fiancé had "hit her several times at their shared residence in Las Vegas."

Sources connected to the case tell TMZ ... Rosa's fiancé is Andy Slocum ... a former WWE talent who went by the stage name Jackson Andrews. Slocum was fired by the WWE in 2011 for breach of contract after continually blowing off training sessions.

0806-jackson-andrews-wwe-2.jpg

In the report, cops note Mendes was under the influence of alcohol at the time they made contact with her.

Cops say Mendes told them "she was afraid [her fiancé] would try and kill her. She also stated the abuse had been an on-going thing."

S.A.P.D. spokesman Officer Matthew Porter tells us Mendes filed a battery report around 10:17 PM. Cops took roughly 30 photos of her body ... which appeared to show bruising and scratches.

A rep for the WWE tells TMZ ... "Milena Roucka contacted a WWE Talent Relations representative this morning to notify WWE that, upon her arrival in San Antonio last evening, she contacted police at the airport to report alleged domestic abuse that occurred just prior to her flight."

The rep adds, "WWE is supportive of Rosa and will provide her with professional assistance."

We reached out to Slocum for comment -- so far, no response.

Kyoufu

I know people on the internet don't like to admit it, but believability is important in wrestling, something that is all about getting people to believe in it. It's fine if someone like Stan Hansen has a gut because he's a big, burly mother fucker. When CM Punk has a gut and a Shawn Michaels sized body, it's hard to believe him beating guys like Big Show or Mark Henry.

You can have all the work rate in the world, but you need to look convincing against your opponent. You don't need to look like Lex Luger or John Cena, but it's hard to buy a shrimpy guy like Punk being a physical threat to a 'big guy'. He's basically the modern day Double J

I totally agree, but... not wrestling ability nor muscle size get you over in the business. What gets you over is that microphone and how you are booked.

Look at Cena. He got over with his thuganomics gimmick. He wasn't bulky back then.

Top Bottom