• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Syder

On this Rizin event, one of the English commentators they have is translating the Japanese promos as they speak...

NEW JAPAN, HIRE THIS GUY!

Syder

Rizin FF is probably the closest thing to wrestling that's a shoot.

First time watching, I was very entertained. UFC needs entrances like these.

I'm watching Jericho's Smackdown return and right off the bat oh god... Phillips with the Michael Cole line.

REJOICE JERKWADS!!!

Sami Zayn rumoured to get a BIG push after Summerslam.

Sami for Champ! Sami for Champ!

LET'S GO!
Off a cliff?

In a manner Vince can relate to.
giphy.gif

I don't think you guys realize the damage that no wrestling (whatever you think of the WWE) on TV would do.

I didn't take Anthony's #5Years to mean wrestling would vanish from TV, just that WWE's reliance on their TV deal is going to hurt them in the long run. WWE will still exist on TV, whether it be cable/satellite or OTT, but they just wont be getting the money they used to.

Maybe wrestling in the US will go back to the original days of small sets and crowds, and not every event needing to be 15-20K plus people

DS7Pw0i.jpg

I know I'm in the minority but I really wish NJPW released official complete DVD/Blu-Ray sets.

They do, but the exorbitant price of media in Japan means they'll likely never offer them to western customers. No one's paying £35+ for a single disc DVD, except really hardcore fans, and you can't really undercut the price for western markets as that'd piss off the native fanbase who're paying more for the same product.

It's a shame, as NJPW have some amazing box-sets available - there's a great 20+ disc Inoki one, but it's about £250 iirc.

Seeing that GIF with Gangrel reminds me of how they did that shit before the vampire craze hit (to be fair, he had the vampire shtick before that) but I don't think Vince actually liked it and I don't really remember Gangrel after the Brood angle/gimmick ended. Then when it did they did nothing to even attempt to capitalize on it or pretty much anything else that entered pop culture since. It's kind of amazing just how out of touch WWE has been with pop culture over the last 15 or so years, hell 15 years ago they were still out of touch but it's just gotten noticeably worse since. Not that it would help with Vince, his stooges and writers running things but goddammit pal, you gotta do something to pull people in, especially when you want to pretend you're making movies which chase trends all the time.

I would love someone to interview Vince and ask him what's typically fluff questions like what the last movie he saw or his favorite recent movie and TV series and his favorite character and see what kind of responses he'd give.

I've been meaning to watch that last Rizin event from earlier this year, with Mauro on commentary. Last I checked it was streaming for free on fite.tv, it's just a matter of setting aside the 5 hours lol

Syder

There was a Rizin event? Why didn't anyone tell me?!

I've been meaning to watch that last Rizin event from earlier this year, with Mauro on commentary. Last I checked it was streaming for free on fite.tv, it's just a matter of setting aside the 5 hours lol
I only remembered it wasn't on at the last minute after UFC finished, there wasn't anyone talking about it in the MMA thread.

I highly recommend trying Rizin out. The qualities of fighters are much lower than UFC but the production quality exceeds them in my opinion, and the more relaxed rules lead to some nasty fights.

Der Zach-Rassismus-Winkel hat seinen Lauf!

Noch vier Jahre!
Noch vier Jahre!
Noch vier Jahre!

Shoshon Der Elegante Der Weiße Tiger König !!!!!
WEISSES TIGER KÖNIGREICH !!!!!
🤔🤔🤔

Mahonay

Banned
I want to watch grapples today but I can't :(

No longer have the account we were using to log into a nearby Hotspot. Absolutely zero internet now, and I can't take up too much phone data with video.

I'm fucking praying that this coming week, after more than a month now, this god damn building is finally hooked up with internet.

I might actually have to leave the house and be productive today.

I only remembered it wasn't on at the last minute after UFC finished, there wasn't anyone talking about it in the MMA thread.

I highly recommend trying Rizin out. The qualities of fighters are much lower than UFC but the production quality exceeds them in my opinion, and the more relaxed rules lead to some nasty fights.

Fuck, man, I missed King Reina beating Lei'D Tapa.
tomoya.jpg

And the debut of Shinju Nozawa-Auclair.
16298954_461287920926577_9079261598932501848_n.jpg

And Miyu Yamamoto actually won a fight!
MiyuuYamamoto.jpg

Oh my God, Gabi's fight ended in a no decision due to an eye poke? CARNY AS FUCK.

And Amir "Steroids" Aliakbari actually finished a fight.

Damn, Rizin sounded like a good time last night.

REJOICE JERKWADS!!!

Sami Zayn rumoured to get a BIG push after Summerslam.

Sami for Champ! Sami for Champ!

LET'S GO!

Yeah, he's getting a push, all right.

A push down some stairs back into the underground for this underdog, brother!

brock-lesnar-throws-zach-gowen-down-the-stairs-o.gif

(If you're citing the Inquisitr report, for example, that has no sources. It sounds like something someone just made up out of thin air.)

Top Bottom