• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dark match after 205 live has AJ and Nak tagging against Kevin Owens and Corbin

Damn. They are desperate to keep people for 205 live.

ty for reminding me about 205live... I always forget :(

Egg0

Banned
The Breezango stuff will eventually lead to a match right? If so, they need to embrace how dumb all this is and have a Toru Yano-esque comedy match with whoever.

Did Khali just return to his home planet or something?

He was literally brought in as a way out of the Battleground match so that Orton didn't have to actually lose.

And he will lose to Nakamura at SummerSlam because Singh brothers will still be out.

Knowing Vince, he lost tonight, so he's probably beating Nakamura.

The Breezango stuff will eventually lead to a match right? If so, they need to embrace how dumb all this is and have a Toru Yano-esque comedy match with whoever.

Pretty sure it's leading to Sanity, but they just can't call them up until after SS because they have a match at Takeover.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
some random dude trying to start a boring chant lol.

so whats up with all these Tony Nese wins? Are they setting up a heel for Tozawa after he wins the title?

hHszwXj.jpg

klonere

Banned
The more compelling question is who dethrones Ishihara after an ace run. Zeus should, but life isn't fair. Jake Lee gets a Naito-esque token run I'm sure.

Jake blew out his knee I wonder how negatively that will effect his place in all this

Pikma

Banned
205 Live booking is some of the grossest dumbest directionless shit I've ever witnessed

They had Cedric completely bury Noam once and for all two weeks ago

So what's the next step you ask? Obviously have Cedric Alexander do the job two weeks in a row and schedule a match for Noam against a jobber in order to build him back up

Good shit

Foggy

Jake blew out his knee I wonder how negatively that will effect his place in all this

Presumably I would think it's for the better since they would want Miyara to have another sustained run to further establish him and feel like they aren't arbitrarily keeping the next guy at bay in the meantime. I suppose that's what that tag title run was for with Lee.

Nothing wrong with keeping Miyahara busy with freelancers or other miscellaneous guys though. An AJPW/NOAH partnership could do wonders for both, but I suppose the obvious political and historical friction would keep that from happening. But still, Miyahara vs Shiozaki is just too good to pass up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It makes me laugh that basically all of the Bullet Club including the dude who invented it is in WWE now they just can't use it
KuGsj.gif

They just pushed Jinder for three months. Tried so hard to take him out of the jobber role. Then they have Orton beat him clean in the middle. I just can't. lol

And then Orton literally kicked him out of the ring like a loser.

He's dead.

The story is that Jinder found success through his entourage. His fellow countrymen... notice who was missing tonight?

Btw did Jinder's huge pops from the crowd come across on TV and did the announcers acknowledge it?

Egg0

Banned
The story is that Jinder found success through his entourage. His fellow countrymen... notice who was missing tonight?

Btw did Jinder's huge pops from the crowd come across on TV and did the announcers acknowledge it?

Tried to listen but it didn't seem that loud. The commentators just talked about how Jinder ran with the opportunity he was given.

Tried to listen but it didn't seem that loud. The commentators just talked about how Jinder ran with the opportunity he was given.

Lame they probably cut the crowd mic because it was booming here and Jinder definitely heard and played to it.

Did the boos for Orton at least come off?

Okada vs Omega is going to be so stressful. I really have no idea what they will do given their 60 minute draw. It is hard to see them going to a draw again. But if Omega wins here, he will get a title shot and EVIL already has one.

Maybe an outta nowhere OWA will actually happen.

It is exciting either way.

Tall4Life

Okada vs Omega is going to be so stressful. I really have no idea what they will do given their 60 minute draw. It is hard to see them going to a draw again. But if Omega wins here, he will get a title shot and EVIL already has one.

They set it up perfectly by making it so Omega HAS to win the match in order to get to the final. Okada has 13 points, Omega has 12.

They have two big shows this fall, the Destruction shows and KOPW. You can do world title matches for both EVIL and Kenny.

Rimfya

Banned
I'm so down for a Nak win and Corbin cash in.

Belt would go from an undeserved champ to an unearned champ (Nak's great but the belt would be a mistake right now) to a different undeserved champ within minutes.

Foggy

I'm so down for a Nak win and Corbin cash in.

Belt would go from an undeserved champ to an unearned champ (Nak's great but the belt would be a mistake right now) to a different undeserved champ within minutes.

Man, I don't know if anything could possibly be more emblematic of "the belt means nothing".

Side note if Pollock and or Wai or really any wrestling journos want to do reports from shows they attended and specifically report on crowd reactions they really shouldn't sit in the press area.

I'm laughing at Pollock saying Bayley was significantly boo'd. He also didn't hear the let's go jobber chants. Like if the TV mics and shit Bayley herself can pick up this shit clearly he's sitting in an area not really connected to the rest of the arena.

Just frustrating hearing him talk about a crowd I was in completely inaccurately

Also had a total blast at Smackdown. It was definitely a show where the talk segments were better than the matches but a hot ass crowd made Jinder vs Orton way more fun then it'd have been anywhere else.

Top Bottom