• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
That's really mature, nerd.

1KdKufq.gif

Anth0ny

My top 10 matches of G1 2017:

1. Kenny Omega vs Tetsuya Naito (G1 Finals, Day 19)
2. Kenny Omega vs Kazuchika Okada (G1 B Block Finals, Day 18)
3. Kazuchika Okada vs Minoru Suzuki (Day 16)
4. Kenny Omega vs Minoru Suzuki (Day 2)
5. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tetsuya Naito (G1 A Block Finals, Day 17)
6. Tetsuya Naito vs Kota Ibushi (Day 1)
7. Kazuchika Okada vs Michael Elgin (Day 4)
8. Kenny Omega vs Michael Elgin (Day 8)
9. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kota Ibushi (Day 11)
10. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Yuji Nagata (Day 5)

With so many on the cusp, too. I consider all of the above matches 4.5* or more, so a bunch of 4.25* matches didn't make the cut. For a top 10 list. That's fucking insane.

New Japan is at another level right now. I just watched 19 days of wrestling and I'm left wanting more. Because it's that good. This is the greatest in ring wrestling of all time.

Okada is the modern day Ric Flair. Simple as that. You will have the best match of your life with Kazuchika Okada, and whether you win or lose, you'll come out looking like a million bucks.

Naito has the charisma of The Rock and is absolutely the people's champ in Japan. No one in pro wrestling is as effortlessly cool as this man. And it helps that he's probably the best in ring worker in the world besides Okada and this man...

Kenny Omega. The dude is literally a pro wrestling machine and is an absolute genius. The Paul to Okada's John. The Steamboat to his Flair. His run from January to now, culminating in the match with Naito, has left me speechless. I never though I'd witness a legendary run like this in my lifetime. He's my favorite wrestler right now, there is little doubt.

If I'm New Japan, I'm doing absolutely anything and everything to lock these three down. Forever. Okada/Omega/Naito is this generation's Rock/Austin/Foley in my mind. The three men carrying the promotion. The three men where you NEED to see their matches and will pay money to do so. The three men who deliver in every aspect, night after night. Having a match with them will elevate you, and when they have matches among themselves? Magic.

tl;dr subscribe to New Japan World, watch those 10 matches from 10-1 and you will become a diehard fan. I guarantee it. Now if you'll excuse me, my shitty immune system from watching too much fake sports has left me with a nasty cold so I'm gonna let these meds work their magic and knock the fuck out, EVIL style.

With so many on the cusp, too. I consider all of the above matches 4.5* or more, so a bunch of 4.25* matches didn't make the cut. For a top 10 list. That's fucking insane.

New Japan is at another level right now. I just watched 19 days of wrestling and I'm left wanting more. Because it's that good. This is the greatest in ring wrestling of all time.

Okada is the modern day Ric Flair. Simple as that. You will have the best match of your life with Kazuchika Okada, and whether you win or lose, you'll come out looking like a million bucks.

Naito has the charisma of The Rock and is absolutely the people's champ in Japan. No one in pro wrestling is as effortlessly cool as this man. And it helps that he's probably the best in ring worker in the world besides Okada and this man...

Kenny Omega. The dude is literally a pro wrestling machine and is an absolute genius. The Paul to Okada's John. The Steamboat to his Flair. His run from January to now, culminating in the match with Naito, has left me speechless. I never though I'd witness a legendary run like this in my lifetime. He's my favorite wrestler right now, there is little doubt.

If I'm New Japan, I'm doing absolutely anything and everything to lock these three down. Forever. Okada/Omega/Naito is this generation's Rock/Austin/Foley in my mind. The three men carrying the promotion. The three men where you NEED to see their matches and will pay money to do so. The three men who deliver in every aspect, night after night. Having a match with them will elevate you, and when they have matches among themselves? Magic.

tl;dr subscribe to New Japan World, watch those 10 matches from 10-1 and you will become a diehard fan. I guarantee it. Now if you'll excuse me, my shitty immune system from watching too much fake sports has left me with a nasty cold so I'm gonna let these meds work their magic and knock the fuck out, EVIL style.

Fucking great post.

Logging on to watch the last few days. Thanks

imo

2. Kazuchika Okada vs Minoru Suzuki (Day 16)
3. Kenny Omega vs Kazuchika Okada (G1 B Block Finals, Day 18)
4. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tetsuya Naito (G1 A Block Finals, Day 17)
5. Tetsuya Naito vs Kota Ibushi (Day 1)
6. Kenny Omega vs Minoru Suzuki (Day 2)
10. Tomohiro Ishii vs Yuji Nagata (Day 11)

Ishii vs Nagata and Ishii vs ZSJ were real close for 10th.

Couldn't agree enough, my list is the same except Kenny/Suzuki swapping places with Naito/Kota

Naito's interesting in-ring. If his opponent isn't challenging him to, he'll just have a standard match that'll be 3-4 star (which is probably actually good for his longevity). But he is also game to do ANYTHING, so when he fights guys like Elgin and Omega, he probably does more then he should do. He'll rise to any level needed.

Is that because that is literally a thing that he used to do?

Hello again!

Thanks to all the supporters and people who missed me, I saw all your comments and read all your messages and I could never thank or love any of you enough. Apologies have been sent in private, and in public I must say again: I'm sorry.

In terms of my thoughts from everything since I've been gone:
Beefy retained the night I sacrificed myself and dropped the night before I returned. That's clearly my fault and I'm sorry again
Props to Seth and Owens and Cody and anyone else who publicly spoke against the Nazis over the weekend
Just going to take this space to recommend blocking anyone (in OT or otherwise) who defends the Nazis
Good on GFW for stripping Del Rio
Matt Smith is my favorite Doctor
G1 was fucking incredible!!!!!!! Finals and winner was predictable at least for me but idc
DARYL
Seeing that Shibata blog post about him wanting to come back fulltime: awful. Seeing Shibata at the G1: awesome. Please don't do the headbutts ever again :'[
RIP PopGAF

What else did I miss hmm. Oh...yall...did injured Bayley seriously get booed??? yo, she's beyond done. oh my god. Never in a billion years could anybody have predicted how screwed she'd be on the main roster. Like, this is historic even for the company's history.

One last thing: I love you folks <3

Love ya too brother

Anth0ny

Hello again!

Thanks to all the supporters and people who missed me, I saw all your comments and read all your messages and I could never thank or love any of you enough. Apologies have been sent in private, and in public I must say again: I'm sorry.

In terms of my thoughts from everything since I've been gone:
Beefy retained the night I sacrificed myself and dropped the night before I returned. That's clearly my fault and I'm sorry again
Props to Seth and Owens and Cody and anyone else who publicly spoke against the Nazis over the weekend
Just going to take this space to recommend blocking anyone (in OT or otherwise) who defends the Nazis
Good on GFW for stripping Del Rio
Matt Smith is my favorite Doctor
G1 was fucking incredible!!!!!!! Finals and winner was predictable at least for me but idc
DARYL
Seeing that Shibata blog post about him wanting to come back fulltime: awful. Seeing Shibata at the G1: awesome. Please don't do the headbutts ever again :'[
RIP PopGAF

What else did I miss hmm. Oh...yall...did injured Bayley seriously get booed??? yo, she's beyond done. oh my god. Never in a billion years could anybody have predicted how screwed she'd be on the main roster. Like, this is historic even for the company's history.

One last thing: I love you folks <3

tumblr_oumc8dsHg61u1ljrzo1_540.gif

<3

wwf doesn't save anything for ppvs anymore because tv is more important to them since their profits went down when they adopted the network.

matters more to them they pop ratings and try to show USA they're not falling off a cliff then build good ppv cards.
This match was PPV worthy. I thought it was a great match. Clean win. Gotta have a rematch at Summaslem..

probably in the preshow with neville winning :/

I don't think Neville is winning. This seemed like a situation where they did the change here instead of SS so they can get Neville's rematch out of the way quicker.

Did they mention even having a rematch?

I assumed they did this because they realized SS is too long already so they moved the match to Raw

They announced the rematch for Summerslam.

Top Bottom